Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

AND THIS IS WHY I LOVE THE DISBOARDS!

LoLaura84 - if I could give you 1,000 likes I would! I just called the number you provided and - get this - a CM answered right away with no hold time!!!!!! I spoke with an amazing CM named Sam and told her my story. She was able to switch my Rez for reserved seating from the Oasis Pool to the Lava Pool in like 30 seconds. No offense to the great CMs working the Recreation phone-line, but it took that CM like 20 minutes even to find reserved pool seating at the Poly in the system (and this is after waiting on hold for 2-hours).

I cannot thank you (and Tikiman) enough. I’m definitely saving this number for future reference.

Please do let me know about your experience. Our Rez is not until August so I will be curious as to what you thought. I definitely want to know about the check-in time. We are switching from GF to Poly on the day of our reserved pool seating at Poly, and I probably won’t get to the Poly until about 11am. I know you can check-in at the pool starting at 10am, but I’m not sure if it’s a problem if we do not arrive until 11am.

We have a cabana rental at GF during our stay and I have heard that if you don’t show up at the GF pool by a certain time that they might rent your cabana to someone else. That seems weird to me knowing I have pre-paid, but I’m a little nervous about it.
They have “reserved seating” at the pools?
Why?

Please do let me know about your experience. Our Rez is not until August so I will be curious as to what you thought. I definitely want to know about the check-in time. We are switching from GF to Poly on the day of our reserved pool seating at Poly, and I probably won’t get to the Poly until about 11am. I know you can check-in at the pool starting at 10am, but I’m not sure if it’s a problem if we do not arrive until 11am.

We have a cabana rental at GF during our stay and I have heard that if you don’t show up at the GF pool by a certain time that they might rent your cabana to someone else. That seems weird to me knowing I have pre-paid, but I’m a little nervous about it.

FWIW, I don’t think that’s the case that they’d give your cabana away. We’ve done a few of them over time and have never been on time - one time at YC quite late because our flight was late - with no issues. I guess anything is possible and maybe I’m wrong, but I’d be surprised if they ever actually gave one away for a later show.

I was around the Poly pool close to opening almost every day this week and never saw anyone there around opening.

They have “reserved seating” at the pools?
Why?
Well…it’s certainly not needed but its kinda like a cabana rental without the cabana. It’s a special seating area with better padded chairs. It doesn’t have the perks of a cabana like drinks, snacks, or a TV but it’s also much cheaper than a cabana. It’s a little treat if you are planning on spending a whole day at the pool.

FWIW, I don’t think that’s the case that they’d give your cabana away. We’ve done a few of them over time and have never been on time - one time at YC quite late because our flight was late - with no issues. I guess anything is possible and maybe I’m wrong, but I’d be surprised if they ever actually gave one away for a later show.

I was around the Poly pool close to opening almost every day this week and never saw anyone there around opening.
Thanks - this makes sense and makes me feel better!

Hi, we’re arriving at Poly in a few weeks ☺️ Does anyone know if there are pin trading boards in each of the Poly shops and also at the front desk area, similar to before Covid? Thanks!!

We are booked at yacht club for end of august and was really hoping we might find a cancellation for the poly. Is it better to call and ask or keep checking online ?

We are booked at yacht club for end of august and was really hoping we might find a cancellation for the poly. Is it better to call and ask or keep checking online ?
Either way is fine, really. The reservations line can see the same availability that you can online.

I apologize if this has been asked recently but does anyone know when the s'mores happen nightly?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter