New Test Track - Thoughts?

What do you think of the new Test Track?

• Love the change!

• Hate it!

• Don't care either way/didn't like it before/don't ride it

Results are only viewable after voting.
we liked it. we (and the kiddos) enjoyed the car design element and the interactive stuff afterwards. while it's hard to not feel nostalgic about the original TT, I think they did a very good job with the redesign. had the roles been reversed and the new design were the original and vice/versa, I wonder if the nay sayers would feel the same way about the two versions

I like most of it because, to me, old TT had a warehouse feel to it. I like the screens around the areas and the ambiance. It now looks like it belongs iN future world.

Now, hot/cold rooms, it's a TOTAL cop out what they did and a waste of space. I feel they could have left them in. Also, I don't like the truck staying lit and I think the outside track should have some LEDs or something to match the inside.

As for car building... meh... skip it.

Sounds like we are in the minority so far- but we actually like the redesign better. Maybe it's psychological, but it feels faster...possibly because it's darker. After the first time on the new tt, we did decide to skip the whole design process and get right on the ride though. Still, that is better than getting stuck watching the old movie.

Other than using FP or Single rider, how did you bypass the design process without cutting in front of everyone in line?

As for your last statement, may I submit Journey Into Your Imagination, Enchanted Tiki Room Under New Management, and Stitch's Great Escape as just a few examples of widely reviled updates to original attractions.

AMEN!!! Disney leave stuff alone! Work on the new and innovative!!

The original Test Track was great, but was in need of a total update. The new Test Track is great. We rode it multiple times on our last trip and were completely happy with the needed change.

We thought the new cue area was a big improvement, the designing your car was fun and the general ride was better all around.

Everyone we talked to loved the new Test Track, I find it odd that you guys didn't like the update, I do think you are in a minority on this one.

Good Job Disney and GM on making a good ride even better.:cool2:

Some like it, some don't.

As for your last statement, may I submit Journey Into Your Imagination, Enchanted Tiki Room Under New Management, and Stitch's Great Escape as just a few examples of widely reviled updates to original attractions.

Apologies in advance to Johnny Depp but I would like to add PotC to your list.

I like the updated Test Track. I was really expecting not to like it after seeing the threads on here, but I really liked it so did DH.

I like the updated Test Track. I was really expecting not to like it after seeing the threads on here, but I really liked it so did DH.

Maybe you went in with low expectations. :) I think mine were high and it in no way lived up to them. I'm glad some people like it!

I looooved the old Test Track!! Will be riding the new one next month for the first time...hope I love it just as much

Yeah I was pretty disappointed in the ride as a whole. The technology was cool, but I feel like if I never went on the old TT I'd be impressed.

Never got to ride the old version since it was down for updating last May when we went. We (well some of my party) rode this time with FP and thought it was fun, but wouldn't wait an hour for it. My 7 yo daughter waited in line three separate times last Thursday with her FP to ride it for her first time, and all three times, the ride got shut down while we were in the FP line and she never got to ride it. :sad::sad::sad: I understand that one of the three times, it was shut down due to rain/possible lightening. The other two times were "mechanical", not weather, related. It seems others have reported the same, so I was disappointed in the reliability of the ride, especially after refurbishment last year (weather obviously not in their control, but mechanical issues are). They did give a FP to come back any time over the next 2 weeks to ride it, but it didn't help because by the time she got turned away (at the CAR, no less) for the third time due to mechianical issues, it was almost 9PM on the only day we were visiting EPCOT this trip, so she didn't get to ride. Insert lots of tears here...

Rode it the other day for the first time and we all thought it was much better than the old version. The old version needed an update and the new version is more futuristic.

I only rode the old TT once and thought it was ok, so I am hoping I enjoy the new one as I wasn't very attached to the old one we will see in August!

Other than using FP or Single rider, how did you bypass the design process without cutting in front of everyone in line?

I'm not sure if the process is different now, but when we were brought into the room to design our car...people just walked up to the door to enter the actual queue for the ride when they were finished designing. There was a cast member there at the door who said it was fine if we didn't want to go through the whole design process and just let us continue on & get in the line for the actual ride... We did this several times in the span of a week last Dec..

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter