New targeted package offer?

Unfortunately you were right, 90 minutes in I rolled to someone who couldn't help me again, said they were at capacity. I'm giving up for the night.

I'm more worried about getting the package changed over due to the fact that tomorrow is my 180 for dining. DH thinks I should just book a package and call later to switch it over, I'm not sure about that, not sure they would do that.
Well they aren't taking any new reservations for April or May and if you just book a new package for 6/1-9/30 it unfortunately will not be eligible to be switched. I know it's not ideal but try again tomorrow and then do your best for dining! We're all working through it together :) Besides my clients I have a Memorial weekend trip planned that got moved from April after our Disney cruise was cancelled. We wouldn't do the FD as we have APs and I can't do FD with my work rate but still dealing with the uncertainty personally. Hang in there!!

I didn’t read this whole thread, so I’m sorry if this has been answered.

We had a room only reservation for April with 2 kids on it, and planned to go again in June with all 4 kids. We have a reservation in June at AOA, but I’m really doubting June will happen so we are looking at August as a backup.

Will we be eligible, since our April (and June, but I’m not cancelling that one at this point) reservation was RO and not a package? Also since our April
Reservation was for 4, but we want to rebook for 6? We have never done the dining plan, and 3 of us had APs but those will be expired come August so we will need tickets or to buy new APs.

We’ve never had any interest in the DDP or packages, but now that there are 6 of us I thought it might be worth looking in to but I don’t want to call and wait on hold if we don’t qualify.

Unfortunately since we are now a family of 6 we will also likely be still looking at AOA, everything else has that sleeps 6 has been a scary price, which means we would get the quick service plan. I think we would want the regular, so there’s more $$. I’m thinking we’ll end up with a RO discount, but I thought maybe trying the dining plan for once after decades might be fun.

We had a room only reservation for April with 2 kids on it, and planned to go again in June with all 4 kids. We have a reservation in June at AOA, but I’m really doubting June will happen so we are looking at August as a backup.

Will we be eligible, since our April (and June, but I’m not cancelling that one at this point) reservation was RO and not a package? Also since our April
Reservation was for 4, but we want to rebook for 6?
We have never done the dining plan, and 3 of us had APs but those will be expired come August so we will need tickets or to buy new APs.

We’ve never had any interest in the DDP or packages, but now that there are 6 of us I thought it might be worth looking in to but I don’t want to call and wait on hold if we don’t qualify.

Unfortunately since we are now a family of 6 we will also likely be still looking at AOA, everything else has that sleeps 6 has been a scary price, which means we would get the quick service plan. I think we would want the regular, so there’s more $$. I’m thinking we’ll end up with a RO discount, but I thought maybe trying the dining plan for once after decades might be fun.
Yes, you would be eligible.

Edit: finally made it to Reservations just after posting my grumbles here. Long waits, but worth it!

Last edited:

Is there any way to communicate that I was totally planning to book something for May, but didn't do it because of the Virus?? :scratchin

Is there any way to communicate that I was totally planning to book something for May, but didn't do it because of the Virus?? :scratchin
that's not the point of the offer, it's for those of us who had booked trips and had to cancel. Anyone could claim they intended to book something

Reservation was for 4, but we want to rebook for 6? We have never done the dining plan, and 3 of us had APs but those will be expired come August so we will need tickets or to buy new APs.

From the way I understand it, you should be eligible because of your April reservation, as long as it wasn’t cancelled before March 1st. See below from a travel agent email I received:

This offer is valid only for Guests who booked a vacation package or room reservation to stay at a Disney Resort hotel from March 16 through May 31, 2020 (even if the park opens before then). Offer not valid for reservations cancelled before March 1, 2020.
Important Details
  • Cannot be combined with any other discount or promotion.
  • Advance reservation required.
  • Length of stay is 2 nights-14 nights
  • Ticket requirements: 2-day minimum; all ticket types included (i.e., Base, Park Hopper, Water Park & Sports, Park Hopper Plus
  • Offer excludes the following room types: campsites
  • Children ages 3 to 9 must choose from the children’s menu, if available.
  • Gratuities are not included.
  • Theme park admission is required for some dining locations.
This offer is subject to availability. Everyone in the same room must be on the same package. Theme park tickets valid for admission beginning on date of check-in and must be used within a limited number of days, depending on length of stay and ticket

Do you have to rebook at the same resort as you canceled? A TA today made it seem like yes, which makes no sense to me.

Do you have to rebook at the same resort as you canceled? A TA today made it seem like yes, which makes no sense to me.
No--I just rebooked from Riviera Resort to Caribbean Beach Resort under the new free dining offer; no problem. Our budget is simply not the same right now as it was when we originally booked our May trip and I think they get that and are being flexible.

Now if only I can get over the pain of having to cancel all my fastpasses and dining reservations *reaches for glass of wine*

No--I just rebooked from Riviera Resort to Caribbean Beach Resort under the new free dining offer; no problem. Our budget is simply not the same right now as it was when we originally booked our May trip and I think they get that and are being flexible.

Now if only I can get over the pain of having to cancel all my fastpasses and dining reservations *reaches for glass of wine*
Oh no.... I just saw the new reservation has the wrong dining plan type. Back to square one... another couple of hours on hold to look forward to. Now I REALLY need that glass of wine....

I Called this afternoon, got through with no wait, and was able to rebook for August. I had no problem making the new reservation for a different resort and more people, but she definitely needed to see my qualifying resort reservation and did mention that the offer was showing on my account. She also suggested that we buy tickets and use the value to upgrade to a new AP, which I honestly hadn’t been thinking of. I had just figured since our passes expired in June we could use this offer and not get passes right then, but this leaves the option open.

I’m going to have to do some math if I want to be smart, Though, since honestly I don’t know if this is any better for us than just using TIW and getting a room discount. It might be close to a wash, so we might just try the dining package. It would be a first for me on over 50 trips, I’ve never done anything but room only before. I don’t like the 30 day instead of the 5 day cancellation, and I would prefer to pay at check in than the 30 days out (or maybe it’s 45, I don’t know packages). But I can deal with it to try.

I guess the bigger question is if we’ll be able and/or comfortable traveling in August! I am still holding on to a June reservation, but hope of that is fading fast.

Thanks. It didn’t sound right to me. Think I’m going to skip the TA middle man and just call Disney myself in hopes there’s still availability.

I Called this afternoon, got through with no wait, and was able to rebook for August. I had no problem making the new reservation for a different resort and more people, but she definitely needed to see my qualifying resort reservation and did mention that the offer was showing on my account. She also suggested that we buy tickets and use the value to upgrade to a new AP, which I honestly hadn’t been thinking of. I had just figured since our passes expired in June we could use this offer and not get passes right then, but this leaves the option open.

I’m going to have to do some math if I want to be smart, Though, since honestly I don’t know if this is any better for us than just using TIW and getting a room discount. It might be close to a wash, so we might just try the dining package. It would be a first for me on over 50 trips, I’ve never done anything but room only before. I don’t like the 30 day instead of the 5 day cancellation, and I would prefer to pay at check in than the 30 days out (or maybe it’s 45, I don’t know packages). But I can deal with it to try.

I guess the bigger question is if we’ll be able and/or comfortable traveling in August! I am still holding on to a June reservation, but hope of that is fading fast.
No wait today is encouraging since I’m calling tomorrow.

Good point that hasn’t been touched on a lot but you need to provide the reservation number from the canceled reservation. Makes perfect sense

I had a split stay. Reservation number from May 30th was from 3rd party and the Disney reservation number (second part of split stay) was from June 5th. Wasn’t able to get the promotion. 😟

I’m so sad. Just spent two hours on the phone only to have Disney unable to help me. Our trip starts May 30th and goes until June 6th. So you’d think I’d be eligible to switch things to the free dining promo. However, the first half dates were booked through undercover tourist and the Disney dates were in June so they wouldn’t extend the package to me despite it being a continuous reservation. 😢
Any advice? Anyone had a similar situation?

What are the dates of your Undercover Tourist reservation? UT essentially acts as your TA for that first reservation. Have you contacted them to see if they can book the promo for you? I'm not exactly sure how they negotiate their rates (if they book with WDTC or if they work with the groups or wholesale department). I would suggest reaching out to them regarding the FD promo. While your May 30 check-in date would qualify you, not knowing how they book their WDW reservations leaves the question a bit up in the air. The June WDW dates would not qualify you. WDW will recognize that as a completely separate reservation.

Unfortunately you were right, 90 minutes in I rolled to someone who couldn't help me again, said they were at capacity. I'm giving up for the night.

I'm more worried about getting the package changed over due to the fact that tomorrow is my 180 for dining. DH thinks I should just book a package and call later to switch it over, I'm not sure about that, not sure they would do that.

There have been numerous reports on TA FB pages of people doing just this. Book a new room/ticket/dining package reservation online and then call WDW. When you call, they will see you had a qualifying reservation (or have your old reservation number handy) and will apply the FD to the new reservation you booked online.

What are the dates of your Undercover Tourist reservation? UT essentially acts as your TA for that first reservation. Have you contacted them to see if they can book the promo for you? I'm not exactly sure how they negotiate their rates (if they book with WDTC or if they work with the groups or wholesale department). I would suggest reaching out to them regarding the FD promo. While your May 30 check-in date would qualify you, not knowing how they book their WDW reservations leaves the question a bit up in the air. The June WDW dates would not qualify you. WDW will recognize that as a completely separate reservation.
Thanks for your reply. I reached out to UT. They tried to be helpful but said that there is nothing they can do. They claimed that their contract with Disney only allows them to book and/or cancel reservations. No modifications. One nice CM tried to help me, but needed to transfer me to a higher up to get permission and the next CM would/couldn’t do anything for me.
So sad We’re hoping to rebook for August & so far only thing available was fun & sun 😢

There have been numerous reports on TA FB pages of people doing just this. Book a new room/ticket/dining package reservation online and then call WDW. When you call, they will see you had a qualifying reservation (or have your old reservation number handy) and will apply the FD to the new reservation you booked online.

Thank you for sharing this, it helps put me at ease! I have an April trip that qualifies and have booked a back up in the summer online but also didn't get through on the phone the couple times I have tried so far. I also don't see new availability online currently for the room type and dates I have booked so I've been a little stressed about it! Planning to try again on the phone tomorrow.

I know someone answered already but you do not have to book at the same resort :)
Oh no.... I just saw the new reservation has the wrong dining plan type. Back to square one... another couple of hours on hold to look forward to. Now I REALLY need that glass of wine....
We had much shorter waits on our lines today, hope you did too!
Thanks. It didn’t sound right to me. Think I’m going to skip the TA middle man and just call Disney myself in hopes there’s still availability.
You have to do what you feel comfortable with but, if you didn't already book yourself, and especially if you already have a TA you've worked with or were planning to work with, it would be great if you did use them! It's always awesome to support small business but even moreso these days :thumbsup2:thumbsup2
Not if you book now that the promo was released. If you HAD a reservation during the dates of closure through 5/31, cancelled AND rebooked before the promo was announced, then you absolutely can call and have FD applied to the new reservation you made. However if you simply make a new one now - even if you had/have one during the applicable dates - they won't add FD

Not if you book now that the promo was released. If you HAD a reservation during the dates of closure through 5/31, cancelled AND rebooked before the promo was announced, then you absolutely can call and have FD applied to the new reservation you made. However if you simply make a new one now - even if you had/have one during the applicable dates - they won't add FD

I'm sorry, that is incorrect. Numerous TA's have been able to do this. I know this firsthand . . . :)

It's the workaround since the phone lines are so jammed. Make the new reservation, call and the CM can apply the FD promo once they confirm the client or guest had or has a a qualifying reservation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter