New Target Online Policy for purchasing Disney Gift Cards

Love to take advantage of this, but Costco doesn't appear to have them online at present.. and we don't have Sam's Clubs where I am. :(

Sam's club shipping is free. My mom had a membership but it expires in 5 days, so I'm debating getting my own membership for that last quarter. It also looks like Sam's will refund your membership if you're not happy, but I don't know how many hoops that would entail jumping through...

This is too bad, as I saved a great deal (probably close to $1000 overall!) on my recent Disney trip using the Rewards card on Raise->Target GC->Disney GC->Disney Vacation Account approach. But, it's not surprising - I wondered why Target let people do this (when they knew exactly what people were doing!) for so long.

So, it seems that the best deal now is to buy cards at 5% discount from Sam's club with a rewards card, and then put those in the Disney Vacation Account. That'll still save you >7%. Or, buying from Target using only the 5% discount with the standard Target red card would also be close (but not quite as good as Sam's club if you have a rewards card, it seems).

I just went to the Target website and was able to put the $100 gc in my cart. It has a disclaimer that they cannot be purchased with Target gc's , but that's all.

Last edited:
I just went to the Target website and was able to put the $100 gc in my cart. It has a disclaimer that they cannot be purchased with Target gc's , but that's all.

That's good news for others :) I'll be buying mine elsewhere for now, but it's nice to know they didn't take the $100 cards away from online purchasers.

Did you buy the gift card with Red discount in store, or on-line?

I have one of the Target's $5 - like the one you mentioned. But I assumed it was not going to work. As the other's don't work.

Thank you!

My transaction went through with the Red Discount online. The next day it was cancelled and the gift card refunded

And if you have a Chase freedom card, it's 5% cash back on warehouse stores for both this quarter and the next, up to $1500. Brings it up to the ~10% you could do with a good raise price + target. I've never seen walmart going for a decent price on raise so not sure that avenue is worth it...

This is what we are doing! It is working great. We just saved 10% on our deposit, and will buy the balance in Disney Gift Cards from Sam's by the end of the year, if the Chase Freedom rewards calendar doesn't show Wholesale Clubs carrying into the first half of next year. :mickeyjum

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter