New Target Online Policy for purchasing Disney Gift Cards

cdoc29

Cruising with the Crazies
So I purchased a Target e-gift card on Raise and when I went to use it to purchase my Disney Gift card I found they no longer allow e-gift cards for purchasing Disney Gift Cards anymore. When I called was told they changed their policy recently (which must be the case as I just made a purchase 2 weeks ago) and you can use any other form of payment but not e-gift cards for gift card purchases. So if anyone who uses this method to save a few bucks has a work around I am all ears.

So I purchased a Target e-gift card on Raise and when I went to use it to purchase my Disney Gift card I found they no longer allow e-gift cards for purchasing Disney Gift Cards anymore. When I called was told they changed their policy recently (which must be the case as I just made a purchase 2 weeks ago) and you can use any other form of payment but not e-gift cards for gift card purchases. So if anyone who uses this method to save a few bucks has a work around I am all ears.
Yep, just happened like yesterday. I doubt that anyone's found a work around (yet).

Just happened to me too, I am so bummed. I just bought a whole bunch of target gift cards too.

It's not allowed online any longer, but it's been reported on the Budget Board by a few people that it is still working in store. You won't get a 5% discount in store when paying with your gift cards, but at least you won't be stuck with Target gift cards that may be of no use. Who knows how long you can redeem in store though.....

I think the key is to buy more than the gift card amount. I always stick a few extra items that puts me over my target gift card and then I use my Red Card to get an additional 5%. I haven't tried it recently though.

I think the key is to buy more than the gift card amount. I always stick a few extra items that puts me over my target gift card and then I use my Red Card to get an additional 5%. I haven't tried it recently though.

Tha no longer works either.

I just used a Walmart gift card to buy a pack of Disney gift cards at Sam's Club last week and it worked. The Disney gift cards are sold in 3-$50 card packs or a $500 gift card and are priced about 5% off, so comparable with the traditional 5% Target card discount. I did not buy my Walmart gift card on Raise but I know they sell them there so if you have a Sam's membership you could try that.

I just used cards we received in store (the buy 4 items, get $5 card type gift cards) and was able to buy a gift card with the Red discount.

I just used a Walmart gift card to buy a pack of Disney gift cards at Sam's Club last week and it worked. The Disney gift cards are sold in 3-$50 card packs or a $500 gift card and are priced about 5% off, so comparable with the traditional 5% Target card discount. I did not buy my Walmart gift card on Raise but I know they sell them there so if you have a Sam's membership you could try that.

Can you buy gift cards at Sam's club on-line - with Walmart gift cards?

We don't have Sam's club closeby, and generally big stores like this don't work for us real well. But I would consider joining it, if I can save on Disney cards, and can buy them on-line :)))

Thank you in advance :)

I'm out of the loop -- what is Raise?
It's one of the web-sites, where you can buy discounted gift cards. It is popular, as it is reliable enough.

As there are many others too. But not all of them real great if there is a problem with a gift card.

I just used cards we received in store (the buy 4 items, get $5 card type gift cards) and was able to buy a gift card with the Red discount.

Did you buy the gift card with Red discount in store, or on-line?

I have one of the Target's $5 - like the one you mentioned. But I assumed it was not going to work. As the other's don't work.

Thank you!

Does this mean you can still use physical Target gift cards purchased in-store?

Does this mean you can still use physical Target gift cards purchased in-store?
No, it been reported that the "no Target gift cards for purchasing Disney gift cards" policy is in effect there. Although on person reported that she was able to use a Target gift card to purchase a Disney gift card using the self check-out line.

Reactions: ffw
Can you buy gift cards at Sam's club on-line - with Walmart gift cards?

We don't have Sam's club closeby, and generally big stores like this don't work for us real well. But I would consider joining it, if I can save on Disney cards, and can buy them on-line :)))

Thank you in advance :)

According to this, Walmart gift cards can be used at Samsclub.com.
http://help.walmart.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/183/~/where-to-use-a-walmart-gift-card

I have never tried this before since we have a local store that I am regularly at. You do need to be a member to get the discount. A $500 gift card is $475.97 for members online after the .99 cent shipping charge. You may want to call and get confirmation directly from Sam's before you purchase a membership and start buying Walmart cards.

According to this, Walmart gift cards can be used at Samsclub.com.
http://help.walmart.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/183/~/where-to-use-a-walmart-gift-card

I have never tried this before since we have a local store that I am regularly at. You do need to be a member to get the discount. A $500 gift card is $475.97 for members online after the .99 cent shipping charge. You may want to call and get confirmation directly from Sam's before you purchase a membership and start buying Walmart cards.

Thank you very much!

This was my receipt from self check-out last night while using my Target gift cards via the app; I scanned my gift cards from the app into the self check-out machine and it worked seamlessly for me. Certain details of my receipt have been omitted for obvious reasons. :) I've been up awhile and it's early for me, so if this photo breaks any rules, please let me know so I can remove / resize.
receipt_zpssnn0clzw.jpg

There is no guarantee this will work at other stores, but if you already have the cards and are in a pinch, it might be worth trying just to unload them. Good luck!

We shop at Target for other things so we will eventually use the the money on the gift cards. it’s just frustrating because it will take time and I didn’t know they changed their policy

Reactions: ffw

And if you have a Chase freedom card, it's 5% cash back on warehouse stores for both this quarter and the next, up to $1500. Brings it up to the ~10% you could do with a good raise price + target. I've never seen walmart going for a decent price on raise so not sure that avenue is worth it...

And if you have a Chase freedom card, it's 5% cash back on warehouse stores for both this quarter and the next, up to $1500. Brings it up to the ~10% you could do with a good raise price + target. I've never seen walmart going for a decent price on raise so not sure that avenue is worth it...

Love to take advantage of this, but Costco doesn't appear to have them online at present.. and we don't have Sam's Clubs where I am. :(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!