New Survey after Selling Points

That’s what I thought - one question on renting, otherwise focused on selling. So what policies/enforcement might be related?
Seemed to be quite a few questions about selling and how I like the company I listed with. How I like the process of selling as well. I'm wondering if they are going to open something up to sell back to them, and be a little more competitive than they were in the past when they offered this.

Yep I got this survey this morning as well! It asked about selling my vacation points last month so I assume it’s only gone to those who sold recently and maybe they’re trying to find a correlation as to why one would sell their points be it spec renters or just bad experiences with DVC in other capacities. That’s what I gleaned from it though.

Which licensed real estate broker did you engage or consult with?

Please tell us about why you engaged with and/or consulted a licensed real estate broker as part of the selling process.
Did this have a drop down list or just a blank?

I wonder if they are trying to figure out if a resale market allows them to retain/bring in new members. Could it offer some direction to the ROFR monster?

It had a drop down menu but it was limited, maybe 5-6 options. I remember Fidelity and Redweek, don’t think I recognized the others. I sold through DVC Resale Market so I put that in the ‘Other’ option.
Makes me wonder how long they’ve been running the survey for. Redweek is a perfectly fine timeshare selling site, but it’s been a WHILE since they did any meaningful DVC sales.

I was asked to complete the survey in error and only because I made a name change to a contract. After I answered the first few questions, it became obvious to them I had not sold points and the survey ended.

It’s weird that they wouldn’t have the largest DVC resale broker in the industry as a pre-filled option on the survey.
I had the same thought as I was filling it out. If it’s the same one that @Sandisw mentioned she filled out in 2022 then maybe they really don’t update these survey questions all that often..but then what’s the point if it’s not to obtain current data from members? Not sure

I had the same thought as I was filling it out. If it’s the same one that @Sandisw mentioned she filled out in 2022 then maybe they really don’t update these survey questions all that often..but then what’s the point if it’s not to obtain current data from members? Not sure

I got and filled out the surveyyesterday but we sold back in 2022. So, just saying this went out to more than those who sold recently.

Pretty thorough - maybe they want to get into the resale business themselves!
My thought too...

Edit: I did get a survey on Sunday and got to "how likely are you to go to WDW in the near future (can't remember exactly)...? I answered with 3 as we are helping my elderly parents right now and can't travel. The survey shut down. I did book a villa later this year for our son who will be in Orlando for a conference at Hyatt Grand Cypress so that might be what triggered the survey.

Greetings from Disney Destinations Research!

Our records indicate that you attempted to book a vacation with us sometime during the past year. We are very interested in your comments about your experience, and would appreciate your participation in a brief online survey.

To launch the survey, please click

Your feedback is very important to us, for we genuinely want to provide our Guests with the ultimate vacation experience.

Best Regards,
The Cast of Disney Destinations Research

Last edited:
That would be an interesting twist for the resale market. I wonder if the profit margins in resales are where it makes the effort worth their time. I also wonder how that'd work with DVC selling contracts on behalf of owners, which would often put them in competition with selling direct points. It's an interesting concept to mull over.

I doubt it. It would cannibalize direct sales. I believe this is one of the reasons why they stopped ROFR the legacy resorts with minor exceptions.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter