New "Summer Rates" up

Valentine

<font color=purple>BL II - Purple Team<br><font co
Just a heads up... if you are heading down to stay at one of the resorts... I have been checking online religiously for better rates.. and tonight a new one popped up... "Summer Rate" This was $149 at RPR for a standard room. Cheaper than both the AAA and APH rate. I am going down the last week in August.. and only checked for my dates.. but i was able to drop my price down $30... Every little bit helps! :)

Question... does anyone know if this rate would be considered a "qualifying stay"?

Thanks!

I thought only rack rate and AAA rates were qualifying stays.

From the website: "A qualified stay or qualified night is at any published rate. Group, negotiated, third party and advanced purchase rates do not apply. Not valid with any other discount program, coupon, complimentary or promotional offer".

This sounds like a promotional offer but I am really not sure at all!

I used the PCT discount code last year and it was a qualifying rate.

I think Valentines rate will qualify because that rate is actually published on the loews website. And my understanding of "combined with promotional offer" means that you cant use the summer rate AND get the stay 4 and play for free offer.

Valentine said:
Just a heads up... if you are heading down to stay at one of the resorts... I have been checking online religiously for better rates.. and tonight a new one popped up... "Summer Rate" This was $149 at RPR for a standard room. Cheaper than both the AAA and APH rate. I am going down the last week in August.. and only checked for my dates.. but i was able to drop my price down $30... Every little bit helps! :)

Question... does anyone know if this rate would be considered a "qualifying stay"?

Thanks!

Thanks Valentine, that is very helpful and the best rate I've seen so far, did you find that "summer rate" thing on the Universal website? Or if not where? Thanks again.

disneyfreakk said:
I used the PCT discount code last year and it was a qualifying rate.

I think Valentines rate will qualify because that rate is actually published on the loews website. And my understanding of "combined with promotional offer" means that you cant use the summer rate AND get the stay 4 and play for free offer.

APH rate is not a qualifying stay and it is published on the website but AAA is a qualifying stay it is also published, who knows??? That's what makes the whole thing so confusing.

I am an AP holder, but wanted to retain our Platinum status last year when we were booking for 9 nights.

They had an internet special rate for a deluxe room that was about $30.00 a night more than the AP rate, but significantly less than the rack rate.

I called Loewsfirst directly to get a clarification on what was a qualifying rate and if this rate was.

I was told a qualifying rate was any rate that could be found on the Loews website and was available to everybody. So, since anybody could book the internet special, it was a qualifying rate.

As long as you can access the rate from the loewshotels.com website and you do not need a special code to get it, with the exception of AAA, or the code is published for all to see on the Loews website, according to LoewsFirst, it will be a qualifying rate.

So, as long as the Summer Rate is one from Loews and not Universal, and you can book it through LoewsFirst, then according to the several people I spoke to last year, it should be fine.

BTW - I spoke to three different people there who all told me that to get the LoewsFirst you really should always book through the Loewshotels.com site or call the Loews registration number. Don't book through Universal because not all rates through Universal will qualify as LoewsFirst credit.

This Thanksgiving, we are doing the same thing - two rooms, 8 nights under the Stay and Play free promotion. I booked through the Loews site and confirmed with LoewsFirst that this is a qualifying rate. It must have been, as I did it online and when I got my confirmation, they automatically upgraded me to my suite. I was going to call to get the upgrade, but LoewsFirst did it automatically. And they will only upgrade you if you have booked a qualifying rate.

Sorry for the novel :goodvibes

I called and was told that any rate published on the Loews website is considered qualifying. I was also directed to this on their website.

"A qualifying stay is at any rate published by the hotel. Group, negotiated, third party and advanced purchase rates do not apply."
http://www.loewshotels.com/terms.asp

Isnt that interesting that damo found different info on a qualifying stay no doubt also found on their website. Loews first benefits has had conflicting info from the start when it comes to the Universal properties.

Valentine!

Thanks so much for this info. My rate just went from 183.00 (AAA) to 149.00. Just FYI, the woman that I spoke with at Loews stated this is not a qualifying rate, she stated this without me asking. I really don't care since I'm saving almost $35.00 a night.

debbie655 said:
Valentine!

Thanks so much for this info. My rate just went from 183.00 (AAA) to 149.00. Just FYI, the woman that I spoke with at Loews stated this is not a qualifying rate, she stated this without me asking. I really don't care since I'm saving almost $35.00 a night.

So this must be a special through Universal.

:confused3 Valentine...where or what page did you find this special?I cannot find it anywhere!Are they only showing a discount for RPR?We are at HRH Aug.22-29th,would sure like a better discount than my APH rate!Thanks :thumbsup2

I was told by Loews First when I called this afternoon that the rate did qualify for the Loews first perks. I would check again and get it in writing if you book it.

The rate just comes up when checking dates online. Here is an example.

149.00 United States Dollars
Room Description:
STANDARD ROOM KING BED 335 Sq Ft Relaxing Tropical Decor Sleeps up to 3

Rate Description:
SUPER SAVINGS Super End of Summer Savings! Not combinable with other offers

Additional Information:
CANCEL DEADLINE: CANCEL 5 DAYS PRIOR TO ARRIVAL.; DEPOSIT REQUIRED

The same special comes up at HRH the rate is $179.00 a night for a garden view.

disneyhottie said:
:confused3 Valentine...where or what page did you find this special?I cannot find it anywhere!Are they only showing a discount for RPR?We are at HRH Aug.22-29th,would sure like a better discount than my APH rate!Thanks :thumbsup2

I just checked your dates and its coming up 159.00 a night using the 30% off. SUMMER SPECIAL Stay 5 nights or more and save up to 30%

:confused3 haven't stayed on-site for a while...can anyone explain:

"qualifying stay" & "lowes first"?

disneyhottie said:

Hi... Sorry... I haven't been on yet today :) I found it on the Universal site...

www.universalstudios.com

I go there and then pick Hotels.. and then put in the Hotel I want and the dates I want... the different prices come up for that date... I play around and put in AAA and APH in as codes for comparison... and this rate came up.... for all the hotels... you have to scroll down and see what's available. the cheapest price is not always at the top.

Good luck!

And thanks for all the replies about the qualifying stay... I still don't know what the answer is.. but hey.. for a $30 savings per night.. I can go buy my own package of cookies and a container of milk!! LOL!! and with the new supposed rule of all stays have to be in one year... well.. it is all just so darned confusing!

Good luck to everyone.. and I hope you all enjoy your extra cash! See ya at the parks!

Kathy

disneyhottie said:

Oh.. and I just went to the Loews site

www.loewshotels.com

and put in your dates and got the HRH for 159 per night. Quick.. head on over!

Kathy

So... since I booked mine through the universal site and it was called "Summer Savings"

and the loews site has the same rate but calls it "super Savings"

should I cancel my ressie done on the universal site and rebook under the Loews site to get a qualifiying stay?

Hmmmm... Any opinions?

Kathy

How do you check rates?? I have two hundred a night at on site?? What web site are you using?? Thanks!

Valentine said:
So... since I booked mine through the universal site and it was called "Summer Savings"

and the loews site has the same rate but calls it "super Savings"

should I cancel my ressie done on the universal site and rebook under the Loews site to get a qualifiying stay?

Hmmmm... Any opinions?

Kathy

If you want the Loews perks, and can get the same dates, then I would definitely rebook..

The LoewsFirst people were quite adament when I spoke to them that specials booked through the Universal site, and/or Expedia, Travelocity, etc are third parties and their specials do not qualify. You HAVE to book through Loewshotels.com or call the Loews Reservations number to have your stay a qualifying rate.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter