• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

New SSR Murphy beds being scrutinized?

CarolynFH

DIS Veteran
DH saw on FB tonight that guests at SSR are being told not to use the new Murphy beds that are the same as those at Riviera. Anyone have confirmation and additional information?

Was SSR getting any single Murphy beds under a TV? I thought they were just getting the larger couch pull down beds?

SSR is getting the larger ones but those ones apparently now have issues as well. People are reporting on FB that the large ones at Riviera are now out of order and that there are issues at SSR as well (probably just reading the same posts as OP).

A story about the issue at Riviera with the queen beds:
https://dvcnews.com/index.php/resor...riviera?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter
Among the rooms impacted are the Tower Studios whose only sleeping accommodation is a queen-size pull down. One guest staying in a Tower Studio reported that they were forced to relocate to a One Bedroom villa around midnight on December 24th.

Other guests were able to remain in their villas, using air mattresses provided by resort staff. Some parties had the mattress from the pull-down placed directly on the villa floor.

A problem of this nature should receive immediate attention from the resort's maintenance staff. Promises of compensation have been made to some guests, along with a commitment to have the issue resolved within 48 hours.

Was SSR getting any single Murphy beds under a TV? I thought they were just getting the larger couch pull down beds?
Yes, SSR is getting both the larger over the couch pull down Murphy bed and also the smaller under the tv single Murphy beds.
I stayed in a dedicated 2 bedroom unit. The living room has both of these types of Murphy beds. These completely renovated SSR two bedroom units are absolutely gorgeous and now sleep 9 people.

WDW has used both of these Murphy beds. The small one has been installed in multiple resorts. The pull down queen has been installed in some of the value resorts, not as a couch but as a table. The table folds when lowered. Seems that the issue is most likely installation errors. Rushing things always costs more.

my sister is trying to check in to SSR right now in a studio... Murphy beds in refurbed rooms all can’t be used.

so..with 2 kids two adults I guess what sleep in the tub? lots of people trying to get moved, Disney is giving out air mattresses...probably not worth 400-600 per night for that.

we are there Monday, supposed to be linked to them with a studio of our own

my sister is trying to check in to SSR right now in a studio... Murphy beds in refurbed rooms all can’t be used.

so..with 2 kids two adults I guess what sleep in the tub? lots of people trying to get moved, Disney is giving out air mattresses...probably not worth 400-600 per night for that.

we are there Monday, supposed to be linked to them with a studio of our own

I am not sure what you mean by linked. Are you aware that studios do not connect and are not next to each other. Sometimes, you may not even be close.

While one can request traveling with, it is just that a request. Just don’t want you to get there and be disappointed if you aren’t.

We had 3 rooms once at BWV,,,Two we’re close but the third was not.

Nope...how the hell can disney expect people to be ok with one bed and four people?

They don't expect that. They are handing out air mattresses. Or moving the mattress from the pull down onto the floor, if that works. So no, not ideal. But definitely a step up from sleeping directly on the floor. Or in the bathtub.

They don't expect that. They are handing out air mattresses. Or moving the mattress from the pull down onto the floor, if that works. So no, not ideal. But definitely a step up from sleeping directly on the floor. Or in the bathtub.
I would expect points to be given back as well.
I thought Disney tests out new resorts with discounts to CMs. I am very surprised this is happening. Very disappointing.

Last edited:

Only a fraction of the Studio rooms have been refurbished to include the new studios. Hopefully they can successfully shuffle reservations to accommodate those who really need the sofabed.

I thought Disney tests out new resorts with discounts to CMs. I am very surprised this is happening. Very disappointing.

The refurbished rooms have been in use for more than 3 months, with no incidents reported until just a few days ago. This seems to be a relatively recent development.

Only a fraction of the Studio rooms have been refurbished to include the new studios. Hopefully they can successfully shuffle reservations to accommodate those who really need the sofabed.

The refurbished rooms have been in use for more than 3 months, with no incidents reported until just a few days ago. This seems to be a relatively recent development.

Have there been reports of an issue at SSR or that because they are the same model as RIV, it is being taken out of service until it’s checked as a precaution?

I would expect points to be given back as well.

I agree that if I could not be moved someplace that had at least a sofa bed, and was forced to use an air mattress or the bed mattress on the floor, I’d want something too,

I would probably opt for gift cards though! instead of points back!

Have there been reports of an issue at SSR or that because they are the same model as RIV, it is being taken out of service until it’s checked as a precaution?

I hate to spread rumors and Disney isn’t talking. But this time around, the problem may have originated at SSR. Everything I’m hearing from Riviera is that the pull downs were quickly cleared for use.

I hate to spread rumors and Disney isn’t talking. But this time around, the problem may have originated at SSR. Everything I’m hearing from Riviera is that the pull downs were quickly cleared for use.

Thanks. Regardless, I’d personally rather know things are safe and glad they took action quickly.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter