New snacks on Dining Plan

jjohnson said:
The Main Street candy store is not listed in the brochure (mine is from January). Have you had success using a snack credit there before?

Another poster - BCV23 - listed the candy store as having items that are included as snacks.

It's possible that Goofy's might be included now.

jjohnson said:
The Main Street candy store is not listed in the brochure (mine is from January). Have you had success using a snack credit there before?

I used the DDP at the candy store for snacks last Wednesday. The changes in that store just went into effect that day, the 3rd. The CMs were still trying to figure it out and there were no signs up that morning but I asked and was told that yes, almost everything in the case could be used as a snack. I bought a smore and two huge caramels. Some exclusions were the chocolate covered strawberries and the huge rice crispie squares. They weren't sure about the fudge. I should have asked about the taffy and candy apples but didn't.

It is not listed in the dining brochure that we received at checkin on the 30th but there are other places not listed that also have snack choices. Two I can remember were the Writers Stop and Dockside Diner at MGM.

angel's momma said:
Another poster - BCV23 - listed the candy store as having items that are included as snacks.

It's possible that Goofy's might be included now.

Sorry, angel's momma, you were faster than I!

I was thinking the same thing about Goofy's Kitchen. I wouldn't be surprised at all if it is included. But if those rice crispie treats are more expensive than the Mickey ones and if the Mickey ones are sold there, they could be excluded. My guess on the excluded items is that if a similar item is offered at a lower price, only the cheaper choice is counted as a DDP snack.

BTW, is that the new name for the spot in DTD?

Thank you. I didn't know.

Is the candy store on Main st called Main Street Confectionery?

I think that is the correct name.

Are you doing the DDP this trip?

BCV23 said:
I think that is the correct name.

Are you doing the DDP this trip?

Yes for our 4 nights at SSR. I'm expecting to just about break even (it's $200 per day for us) but it will be nice to experience the plan for myself after writing about it for so long.

bicker said:
Would you be okay with that being an extra $3 per day? (That's what my guess is regarding how much they'd charge for a Dining Plan with two snacks per day.)

With 2 snack credits included I would feel comfortable paying $40 a day for the DDP. Then I could utilize the other snack credit as a breakfast option and not have to make compromises. I used the DDP this past March and felt I really was able to make great use of the program and enjoyed the freedom of preplanning and prepaying for food.

How would you feel about giving up CS dessert and adding an extra snack credit and keeping the price the same?

This is the change i put forward in my post on improving DDP.

What do you think?

mhelsley said:
How would you feel about giving up CS dessert and adding an extra snack credit and keeping the price the same?

This is the change i put forward in my post on improving DDP.

What do you think?

Sounds good to me, I could go get any dessert with my snack credit :cool1:

BCV23 said:
I used the DDP at the candy store for snacks last Wednesday. The changes in that store just went into effect that day, the 3rd. The CMs were still trying to figure it out and there were no signs up that morning but I asked and was told that yes, almost everything in the case could be used as a snack. I bought a smore and two huge caramels. Some exclusions were the chocolate covered strawberries and the huge rice crispie squares. They weren't sure about the fudge. I should have asked about the taffy and candy apples but didn't.

It is not listed in the dining brochure that we received at checkin on the 30th but there are other places not listed that also have snack choices. Two I can remember were the Writers Stop and Dockside Diner at MGM.

That's awesome! :cheer2:

jjohnson said:
Yes for our 4 nights at SSR. I'm expecting to just about break even (it's $200 per day for us) but it will be nice to experience the plan for myself after writing about it for so long.

I'd be surprised if you don't come out ahead. :thumbsup2 We did a split stay with AKL club level and BCV and just had the plan for the DVC stay as well. I was going to offer to mail my brochure and DDP location list to you but you'll have your own so soon rather than my well used copy!

Have a great trip! :cool1:

I need to go see how much the beaver tales are. Can't wait to try out the different snacks. Not much longer.

BCV23 said:
I'd be surprised if you don't come out ahead. :thumbsup2 We did a split stay with AKL club level and BCV and just had the plan for the DVC stay as well. I was going to offer to mail my brochure and DDP location list to you but you'll have your own so soon rather than my well used copy!

Have a great trip! :cool1:

I hope so. I tried to pick places that I know my "adults" would find something on the menu that they liked so I went with:

Ragland Road
Concourse
GF Cafe
Kona Cafe

Between these, the counter service and now expanded snack list I think we'll do ok. Last year we spent almost $1500 with the DDE & my step-daughter wasn't with us. I really don't care about maximizing the plan. I just want to break even.

pigget74 said:
I need to go see how much the beaver tales are. Can't wait to try out the different snacks. Not much longer.

Sorry, Beaver Tails are no longer, they have been gone for a while...There is Funnel Cake if you still want fried pastries at the Liberty Inn but not counted as a snacks on DDP.

We just got back. With the plan we came out way head. (plan cost 260 for 3 nights, 2 adults, 1 child.) We got over $500 in food.

The snacks were good, but we really didn't need them so much, there is so much food with the 2 meals. We ended up on the last day looking for snacks at Epoct. Not everything under $4 in inculded, but I must say many many many things are. :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter