New Reunion Station use

Any word on what games were actually shown today? Was it really only 2, and if so, were they the same ones that you can see in your room?

By the way, I hope everybody saw the end of that Bears-Broncos game. Ugly football, but that had to be the most unique way to finish a game that I've seen.

This goes back to the whole neighborhood concept in my opinion.

Of course one could save $ buying a 6 pack and a pizza watching in the villa, however I appreciate the opportunity to have a venue where we can, if we choose, have a gathering and get to know our "neighbors" while taking in the game. Same with going out to any meal vs cooking in the kitchen, etc. It's always fun to watch a big game with others if you feel "at home" you aren't really concerned about missing a couple hours at the park for the umpteenth time or even the couple bucks you may save if you were planning on having a few drinks/food anyway.

For those that would rather watch on their own in their room because the value prop isn't there no harm no foul :)

Any word on what games were actually shown today? Was it really only 2, and if so, were they the same ones that you can see in your room?

By the way, I hope everybody saw the end of that Bears-Broncos game. Ugly football, but that had to be the most unique way to finish a game that I've seen.
So in another forum a gal went yesterday. She and her husband. They showed only 2 games at 1:00 and only 1 game at 4:00. They had the food mentioned in the article. ANd seems the food was constant but I will clarify that. For drinks she said it was tea, soda, water, selection of beer and wine or 2 specialty cocktails. You get a wristband and can come and go from 12:30-8:00pm, you don't have to stay the entire time. SHe said the staff said they were working on showing more games. SHe said the food was chef made and the staff all seemed proud of the food and were taking photos with the chef or something. She didn't say which 3 games but she did say they call you a couple days prior to let you know what games they'll show and you can cancel if those aren't what you want to see. She said there was only 1 other party in there with them. Said others had booked it but cancelled when it wasn't their games.

Here is a cut and paste of food and drinks she said they had:

Selection on drinks are limited. Coke, Sprite, Diet Coke, Assorted Juices. There are featured cocktails - Blueberry lemonade and Captain Mai Tai. Beer in bottles - Bud, Yuengling, Blue Moon, High Stepper IPA, Corona Light. Wine - H3 Merlot, Borne of Fire Cabernet Sauvignon and 14 Hands Chardonnay.

Snacks included BLT, Smoked Turkey, Cucumber Pita Sandwiches, Teriyaki Wings, Three Bean Angus Beef Chili, Beef Sliders, Vegetable tray, Homemade Chips, Cookies, and Cupcakes. Food is refilled when gone

She said there was only 1 other party in there with them. Said others had booked it but cancelled when it wasn't their games.

That is sad to hear from Disney's standpoint. I don't get why they just didn't open it up as a free place to watch games, where you could order food and drink at cash prices. I'm willing to bet they would have made a lot more money, and given customers a better experience, that way. I'd be surprised if this lasts through October with those sort of attendance numbers.

I'm willing to bet they would have made a lot more money, and given customers a better experience, that way.

I don't remember who "owns" it: is it part of the Condominium or is it retained by Disney? If it is the latter, and DVD is the business unit that owns it, they are going to try to figure out a way to use it to help sell developer points, much as they have with ToTWL.

If somebody plans to do this and go back and forth to Magic Kingdom - keep in mind that the bus may be a better option than the boat. Runs more often, shorter ride.

I just enjoy the peacefulness of the boat ride across the water.

I don't remember who "owns" it: is it part of the Condominium or is it retained by Disney? If it is the latter, and DVD is the business unit that owns it, they are going to try to figure out a way to use it to help sell developer points, much as they have with ToTWL.

In that case, they should offer it as more of a perk, like TOTWL and the Epcot Lounge, and make it open to all members, but with a cash bar.

It was always going to be challenging to offer a game (or two) with maximum intersection to those willing to pay to be there. The logistics of this always seemed weird.

Agreed...and then there are football fans like me who enjoy watching no matter who is on! But I am betting I am in the minority on that one!!! I thought I might try this but after seeing that the drinks are limited (I assumed you could order any type of drink), probably not.

I agree...open it up to DVC members for free with a cash bar. They could also require the purchase of at least one drink per person (or something like that). I would bet they would get more people that way!

It's a commercial unit in the association. They could just go with the Community Hall that it was originally announced to be. Most of the Community Halls have a mix of things they offer for free and things they charge for and the spaces aren't left sitting vacant for 1/2 of their life. I think the annoying this is that it was announced to be a Community Hall and then someone decided they should make more money off of it in some other way. They have been half offerings though. Concierge? Approx 1/2 of the time of a normal concierge. Football games? Well, not even 1/2 of the games so I guess it's getting down to 1/4 offerings or even less.

So in another forum a gal went yesterday. She and her husband. They showed only 2 games at 1:00 and only 1 game at 4:00. They had the food mentioned in the article. ANd seems the food was constant but I will clarify that. For drinks she said it was tea, soda, water, selection of beer and wine or 2 specialty cocktails. You get a wristband and can come and go from 12:30-8:00pm, you don't have to stay the entire time. SHe said the staff said they were working on showing more games. SHe said the food was chef made and the staff all seemed proud of the food and were taking photos with the chef or something. She didn't say which 3 games but she did say they call you a couple days prior to let you know what games they'll show and you can cancel if those aren't what you want to see. She said there was only 1 other party in there with them. Said others had booked it but cancelled when it wasn't their games.

Thanks for the update! My sister was initially excited about this (she's a huge football fan and is always looking for places to watch the games), but decided not to do it when she heard that they were only playing two games. She thinks they should have paid the extra money to get Red Zone and that it's obvious a non-football fan designed the experience.

I'm still waiting for the Community Hall! (not holding my breath!) I love the ones at Kidani and BWV... I own at CCV so I was really hoping...

Thanks for the update! My sister was initially excited about this (she's a huge football fan and is always looking for places to watch the games), but decided not to do it when she heard that they were only playing two games. She thinks they should have paid the extra money to get Red Zone and that it's obvious a non-football fan designed the experience.

I'm still waiting for the Community Hall! (not holding my breath!) I love the ones at Kidani and BWV... I own at CCV so I was really hoping...
My DH would LOVE if they had the Red Zone.

And we decided against booking for the 29th as well. Mostly, though, because of the drink selection. Were hoping it would be full drink menu they have at Geyser Point but it's just a small selection of beer and wine or 2 specific cocktails. DH doesn't mind just 3 games shown while there (not for NFL as he is more a college football fan so that's why we'd do a Sunday there). But just the limited drink options...meh.

My DH would go (assuming the game on is what he would want to watch). He likes Disney snd the parks, but likes some time on the golf range and I’m sure he would like this too.

Grabbing lunch at Geyser Point on our way out today (Sunday the 22nd) and stopped by to see the set up. Door was locked and CM was in there. Told her I wanted to check out the set up for when we are back in December. She said the event was cancelled due to lack of sign up. She also said since they only have local games (it was CBS Ravens at Chiefs in at the bar) they are trying to figure out everything. She said to check back before I come in December as they are testing this out. Definitely has potential for something, would be great if they did $30 for 2 drinks and wings, sliders, and other snacks. It’s $15 for 8 wings at bar so would consider if I could watch and eat all day.

Agreed...and then there are football fans like me who enjoy watching no matter who is on! But I am betting I am in the minority on that one!!! I thought I might try this but after seeing that the drinks are limited (I assumed you could order any type of drink), probably not.

I agree...open it up to DVC members for free with a cash bar. They could also require the purchase of at least one drink per person (or something like that). I would bet they would get more people that way!
yeah -- the specialty drinks don't sound that appealing. I'd just want on old fashioned or something simpler. Just not into the super sugary cocktails.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter