New MK resort?

Jonfw2

DIS Veteran
Disney is requesting permits to re-route a road near Magic Kingdom- it's thought that this is in order to clear land to build a new MK/Monorail resort.

Seems like a big leap from road being rerouted to a new MK resort. But since there's always been those original plans showing an additional MK resort or two that were never built, it would be exciting to speculate about a new one finally coming in the upcoming years!

Seems like a big leap from road being rerouted to a new MK resort. But since there's always been those original plans showing an additional MK resort or two that were never built, it would be exciting to speculate about a new one finally coming in the upcoming years!
You're absolutely right, and I have no idea what the inner workings are here. Having said that, the blog post indicated that the space this will free up is exactly where Disney has suggested in the past they'd most likely put a new resort.

Extremely doubtful.
They pulled the plug on Reflections after doing a lot of the work to prep the land and even put rebar in and then removed it.
Don't think they are planning any other resorts until business picks back up.
I don't think anyone is suggesting that a resort is going to built anytime soon, but I find it highly likely that the reason they are attempting to move the road is so that a DVC resort WILL be built on that property.

This image was posted in a different thread. For those wondering the relocation appears to mostly happen after the Grand Floridian property.
Interesting idea all around. The monorail through there runs close to Seven Seas Lagoon, so the resort would be attached to the outside loop? Isn't the outside loop the express to MK? Anyone want to guess the current level of vacancies of DVC today?

Maybe they are just moving the road farther from the GF since they are making it a 4 lane divided road with a lot more traffic.

Disney is requesting permits to re-route a road near Magic Kingdom- it's thought that this is in order to clear land to build a new MK/Monorail resort.
This project is to improve access to the lower part of WDW from those entering from Reams Rd. It has nothing to do with a new resort.
I don't think anyone is suggesting that a resort is going to built anytime soon, but I find it highly likely that the reason they are attempting to move the road is so that a DVC resort WILL be built on that property.
Sorry, that's not the reason its being built.
This image was posted in a different thread. For those wondering the relocation appears to mostly happen after the Grand Floridian property.
Interesting idea all around. The monorail through there runs close to Seven Seas Lagoon, so the resort would be attached to the outside loop? Isn't the outside loop the express to MK? Anyone want to guess the current level of vacancies of DVC today?
View attachment 614247
You can see from this picture that its all a part of improving access to the parks and resorts for those entering from Reams Rd.

As a local, I come in that way all the time. The work is ongoing.

Well of course the new road will improve traffic on that side of WDW, that’s the goal, but I fail to understand why that precludes Disney from putting a resort on that plot of land. Sorry, but I stand by my post!
Nothing precludes Disney from putting a resort on that plot of land. The point is that there currently aren't any plans to build a resort there. Trying not to get peoples hopes up.

Nothing precludes Disney from putting a resort on that plot of land. The point is that there currently aren't any plans to build a resort there. Trying not to get peoples hopes up.
It was pointed out earlier in the thread (post #4 and #7) that there are no "current" plans to build a new resort. However, that plot of land has been rumored to get a resort for as long as I can remember and the rerouting of the road makes that even more likely. Disney needs to generate a constant revenue stream from selling DVC contracts and that real estate is a prime location to accomplish that. My point was that it's highly likely, when Disney is ready to build in the future, that the that plot will be a DVC resort.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter