New MCO Hyatt policy for DCL luggage transfer?

I read on facebook someone staying at Hyatt the night before the cruise and they where told this. I also contacted Disney Cruise Line and I was also informed of the change and you have to notify DCL before your stay. We have transfers from Airport to Port and back and the lady explained that if we didn't notify them about our stay Hyatt, we would not get transfers from Hyatt to Port and we would have to take our bags down to the bus in the morning. I explained that in the past this wasn't the option we just filled out paperwork upon arrival and no where on DCL website does it mention the change and I was sure DCL would be getting a few complaints with regard to this.

Do you think this really means you have to book your Hyatt Airport room through Disney Cruise Line in order to receive in room luggage pick up at the Hyatt? How else would Disney be notified in advance of your stay?

I read on facebook someone staying at Hyatt the night before the cruise and they where told this. I also contacted Disney Cruise Line and I was also informed of the change and you have to notify DCL before your stay. We have transfers from Airport to Port and back and the lady explained that if we didn't notify them about our stay Hyatt, we would not get transfers from Hyatt to Port and we would have to take our bags down to the bus in the morning. I explained that in the past this wasn't the option we just filled out paperwork upon arrival and no where on DCL website does it mention the change and I was sure DCL would be getting a few complaints with regard to this.
From the way looks this is a fairly new change, I imagine that DCL will be updating their online requirements soon, it's a shame they didn't have it in place already though. I'm going to go out on a limb and "guess" this change is just so that DCL can better monitor the amount of luggage that they'll be receiving from the Hotel in order to better gauge the necessary equipment (trucks) needed to move all the luggage from MCO to the port. It just gives them another level of verification so that god forbid they don't miss any passengers luggage before the ship sails.

Do you think this really means you have to book your Hyatt Airport room through Disney Cruise Line in order to receive in room luggage pick up at the Hyatt? How else would Disney be notified in advance of your stay?

that was my first thought, that this would be an option only for guests who book through DCL. It would not be too difficult to bring my own bags down to the bus, but hopefully there would be someone to remove them and take to on the ship, verse me having to shlept them over to a porter.

We're booked the Hyatt separately. Can I call Dcl directly for this, or is this something that would have to go through my ta?

We also booked the Hyatt separately, just call DCL and notify them that you are staying the night before the cruise and they will change it in the system. They also sent me a new email show that we are leaving from Hyatt.

that was my first thought, that this would be an option only for guests who book through DCL. It would not be too difficult to bring my own bags down to the bus, but hopefully there would be someone to remove them and take to on the ship, verse me having to shlept them over to a porter.
This DOES NOT require you to book your Hyatt stay through DCL, all this does is provide another level of verification so that DCL will know how many passengers baggage to expect to be delivered to DCL at MCO for transport to the port/ship. This does not require any booking through DCL at all, if you booked the hotel separately just call DCL and notify them that you'll be using the Luggage Transfer Service from the Hyatt to the port. You will still need to fill out the form at the Hyatt when you check in so they'll know to pick up your bags in the morning of embarkation. From there they'll be delivered to DCL who then will move it all to he port. This just gives DCL a way to monitor how much luggage is being moved and where it's coming from. Call DCL and notify them, there is no charge and it won't affect your reservation or Port Transfers at all.

I'm guessing this can easily be done while booking the port transfer.

Hopefully while when booking port transfers CMs will ask if starting at Hyatt night before

Why would anyone complain ? Is it a web site change that is need ? Does it currently say that if staying at Hyatt the Hotel picks up luggage in your room and delivers to ship ? I think it has been about 18 years since we stayed there, back then you brought your luggage down to a collection site. We know that changed and the hotel bell serves has a contract to pick up the bags, however they are not Disney. When we do stay at Disney partner hotels before cruises, no matter which port, we generally take our bags down to someone where we are comfortable knowing they are in the pile going to the ship. Not saying there is a right or wrong, just wondering what the complaint would be.

Why would anyone complain ? Is it a web site change that is need ? Does it currently say that if staying at Hyatt the Hotel picks up luggage in your room and delivers to ship ? I think it has been about 18 years since we stayed there, back then you brought your luggage down to a collection site. We know that changed and the hotel bell serves has a contract to pick up the bags, however they are not Disney. When we do stay at Disney partner hotels before cruises, no matter which port, we generally take our bags down to someone where we are comfortable knowing they are in the pile going to the ship. Not saying there is a right or wrong, just wondering what the complaint would be.

I wasn’t the poster you quoted but I would complain if this change was made AND I didn’t get an notice from Disney or/hotel in time to sign up for the service. Finding out on check in when it’s too,late to sign up is problematic. We stay at the Hyatt to take advantage of the location and the bell service partnership so if we suddenly weren’t able to use that perk because we didn’t know we had to sign up in advance I’d be annoyed.

Just a quick email to those using port transfers that aren’t staying at a Disney hotel and aren’t flying in the morning of to notify you of the luggage change with Hyatt would fix this (or Hyatt sending the email to their guests noting that if you are staying before DCL trip you need to notify DCL for luggage transfer).

My DU TA just responded...she said she called DCL and they said this isn’t true. I’m not calling anyone a liar...especially since the tweet is from the Hyatt and people have experienced it! Wondering if it is so new that DCL call center people and TA’s are unaware? So I guess I’ll just chance it and carry my bags down if I have to!

My DU TA just responded...she said she called DCL and they said this isn’t true. I’m not calling anyone a liar...especially since the tweet is from the Hyatt and people have experienced it! Wondering if it is so new that DCL call center people and TA’s are unaware? So I guess I’ll just chance it and carry my bags down if I have to!
Have your DU TA talk to Tracey (my agent) since she contacted DCL last week and yes the procedure did change, staying at MCO Hyatt and wanting baggage transfer needs to be noted on the reservation.

I wasn’t the poster you quoted but I would complain if this change was made AND I didn’t get an notice from Disney or/hotel in time to sign up for the service. Finding out on check in when it’s too,late to sign up is problematic. We stay at the Hyatt to take advantage of the location and the bell service partnership so if we suddenly weren’t able to use that perk because we didn’t know we had to sign up in advance I’d be annoyed.

Just a quick email to those using port transfers that aren’t staying at a Disney hotel and aren’t flying in the morning of to notify you of the luggage change with Hyatt would fix this (or Hyatt sending the email to their guests noting that if you are staying before DCL trip you need to notify DCL for luggage transfer).

How would DCL know you are staying at Hyatt if reservation not through them ?

How would DCL know you are staying at Hyatt if reservation not through them ?

They wouldn't. I believe in the past Disney provided Hyatt with a names list for Transfers the next day (at least I assume that's what the front desk clerks were checking my name against), and then you would give Disney a form that says you left X number of pieces of luggage at the hyatt in room XXXX. Then Disney would check those papers against the Hyatt's list of what they collected.

My guess is that Disney is trying to CYOA by not providing a list of people who have transfers, unless they've indicated they will also be staying at the hotel.

FWIW, we stayed at the Hyatt two weeks ago and we had to bring our luggage down ourselves. The person at the front desk said they only offer the service if you booked the room through disney. I was surprised and asked since when, and he said about 2 weeks ago (so beginning to middle of June). I can tell you I didn't see a single person's luggage outside their room waiting to be picked up so I don't think anyone was aware of the change in policy!

FWIW, we stayed at the Hyatt two weeks ago and we had to bring our luggage down ourselves. The person at the front desk said they only offer the service if you booked the room through disney. I was surprised and asked since when, and he said about 2 weeks ago (so beginning to middle of June). I can tell you I didn't see a single person's luggage outside their room waiting to be picked up so I don't think anyone was aware of the change in policy!

If that's the case, I doubt you'll ever be able to get a decent rate. The hotel is already pricey, even if you manage to get a "decent" rate through AAA or some other type of discount. They already knocked off one huge perk for staying there when they eliminated the ability to check in for the cruise right at the airport before you boarded the transfer (which was an awesome perk). If you now have to choose between a lower rate and bringing your luggage down yourselves or a (potentially much) higher rate through Disney in order to have the Hyatt staff pick up your luggage from inside your room and hand it off to DCL...that would be a shame.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter