New March 2017 Check In thread

I don't care how busy it is, I'm just excited to be going to DISNEY!!!!!!!!

That may change once I get to the parks and get annoyed at people though lol

Haha! I know the feeling. I try to keep my cool, but what really gets me are the folks who just STOP right in front of you to look down at their phone, a map, etc. I always try to be aware of those around me and step off to the side if possible... but alas, not everyone is that vigilant.

We are planning to use our Magic Morning on Tuesday. I have a 7:10am breakfast reservation at Plaza Inn on Thursday. We should be good to show up at the gate at 7 and get in, right?

This is really good planning and will work just fine. On Thursday, you can show up at the gate at 7:00, line up in front of the far left gate that says "Minnie and Friends Breakfast." They will have your name on a list and let you in. No need for Magic Morning on your ticket as long as you have reservations. This is true even for day guests who only have a one-day/one-park pass.

I just booked our breakfast at Plaza Inn on the 28th.

I booked us for Minnie & Friends at Plaza Inn for the 28th as well. I choose 10am so that we could do EMM if we wanted to and if we don't I'm hoping it will be our "lunch" for the day

Ugh those are some early hours. Meaning 2 things. 1. They're expecting huge crowds & 2. I will have to get up at the butt crack of dawn on vacation.

I subscribed for touring plans and for our days there they rate the crowd level at 6 out of 10 for Sunday, Wednesday and Thursday and 8 out of 10 for Monday & Tuesday. It makes me wonder just how busy it will be I was expecting 8 out 10 for all the days

I had the same reaction. I said something to the lady on the phone about it being busy then and she wouldn't say much. The most I got out of her was that she thinks Sunday will be busier than Saturday because there won't be blackouts.
Part of me is hoping for rain. Or it can be cold. We're coming from Alberta. California cold is manageable!

I'm guessing the CMs don't comment on busyness because that could be subjective. We are also coming from Alberta so I'm guessing late March will be almost summer like for us.

The only thing I'm on the fence about is an ADR for Aladdin's Oasis. I'd like to see the MSEP with a decent vantage without a long wait on the sidewalk. But if the parks are not going to be as crazy as I thought, I wonder if it's worth the $25/person.

I subscribed for touring plans and for our days there they rate the crowd level at 6 out of 10 for Sunday, Wednesday and Thursday and 8 out of 10 for Monday & Tuesday. It makes me wonder just how busy it will be I was expecting 8 out 10 for all the days

Looks like you're there the same days we are. Sunday we're doing beach day & WOC dessert party at night. Plus Food & Wine is at DCA so we may snack/dinner there also. Depends on beach weather. Monday thru Thursday are Park days.
Have heard Touring Plans is not as reliable at DLR as WDW, so not sure what to believe. Someone on Dis has said Wednesday will be the best day.

Any way you could tell me what they rate March 23 and 24 as? Please and thank you!

Hope this isn't too cheeky but would you mind telling me the level for 19th - 22nd? No worries if you do mind :)

Hope this isn't too cheeky but would you mind telling me the level for 19th - 22nd? No worries if you do mind :)
3/19 - 7 overall, 6 at DL, 8 at DCA
3/20 - 9 overall, 8 at DL, 9 at DCA
3/21 - 8 overall, 7 at DL, 9 at DCA
3/22 - 7 overall, 5 at DL, 8 at DCA

Mind you, TP is not as accurate at DLR as it is for WDW. Take these numbers with a grain of salt.

Mind you, TP is not as accurate at DLR as it is for WDW. Take these numbers with a grain of salt.

Any ideas on why DCA is worse than DL?

Thank you so much! :disrocks:

So the hours posted for our park days. We are only doing 2 park days and aren't getting hoppers (we prefer it that way, especially with the kids).
We will be in Disneyland on Sunday the 19th and in DCA on Monday the 20th. I already made the appt for my daughter to go to BBB and now I'm wondering if it's worth it to try and switch days, which means I'd have to call and switch her appt, because it turns out DCA's hours are 9am-10pm on Sunday and 9am-9pm on Monday. Disneyland is 8am-11pm both days.
Am I crazy for feeling torn about switching days since DCA will be open for ONE extra hour on the day we won't be there? I'm feeling kind of crazy about even considering it, but want to get the most out of our park days as we can.

Last edited:
Our first park day is March 18th and the park hours started appearing on Saturday. MSEP appeared straight away on the hours for that day and Sunday March 19th. Now March 20th has come out and it doesn't say MSEP, it's blank.

Could it be that PTN is back for the spring break week? I'm freaking out at the chance we may get to see both, even though I've also 99% convinced myself that it's not going to happen.

It doesn't matter that I'm going back in December again and will most likely see PTN then! :)

Our first park day is March 18th and the park hours started appearing on Saturday. MSEP appeared straight away on the hours for that day and Sunday March 19th. Now March 20th has come out and it doesn't say MSEP, it's blank.

Could it be that PTN is back for the spring break week? I'm freaking out at the chance we may get to see both, even though I've also 99% convinced myself that it's not going to happen.

It doesn't matter that I'm going back in December again and will most likely see PTN then! :)

That would be soooooo awesome if it did! I noticed it was all blank too. We will see!

We will be there for a cheer competition from 3/16-3/20. I've been addicted to Disney ever since I participated in the Disney College Program mannnny moons ago... Lol This is my first trip to DL and I'm super excited!!!

I'm getting excited that the hours for our trip will start appearing in about 6 days. There's not much to do until then.

I think it's more likely that the person entering the parades just didn't get to entering that yet. Or they could be waiting for a showtime for something else to be confirmed. I wish we could have seen PTN.

I'm getting excited that the hours for our trip will start appearing in about 6 days. There's not much to do until then.

I think it's more likely that the person entering the parades just didn't get to entering that yet. Or they could be waiting for a showtime for something else to be confirmed. I wish we could have seen PTN.

I know and I've only read one rumour that it was coming back for Spring Break anyway so I don't know why I'm hyping it up so much! Very unlikely considering MSEP only returned a couple of weeks ago and is only doing a limited run anyway.

I think it's because MSEP and the firework schedule did initially show for 03/19 but then disappeared!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter