New luggage advice SUB-0-G

We almost bought some in Xmas/New Year sales, buy one get one free but we were on our way down to the Midlands for an eve/meal with burt, DISwolves & families. Decided not to trail them and go back, we never did, now our cases are on their last legs and wished I had bought. For next trip we will use what we have, weight won't be an issue as we have a 96kg each allowance so will probably look in sales again after Xmas.

I've heard a few people saying they're awful and break easily...

I am a firm believer in buying cheap cases. The only things I check for are zips/seems. I have had so many pricey Antler and Samsonite cases, especially hard shell, and it seems like there is always at least one being replaced by the airline after each leg of the trip. Last year I was fed up and went to Poundstretcher/Instore and bought 2 large cases, very lightweight (under 2 kgs each)for about £17 a piece.

They managed the trans Atlantic and domestic flights and I intend using them again this year.

For next trip we will use what we have, weight won't be an issue as we have a 96kg each allowance so will probably look in sales again after Xmas.

Next time I'm flying with who you are flying with! :)

We almost bought some in Xmas/New Year sales, buy one get one free but we were on our way down to the Midlands for an eve/meal with burt, DISwolves & families. Decided not to trail them and go back, we never did, now our cases are on their last legs and wished I had bought. For next trip we will use what we have, weight won't be an issue as we have a 96kg each allowance so will probably look in sales again after Xmas.

They are some sizes in older colours still in that bogof, I didnt think they were too expensive, I thought they were avarage, 40 for hand luggage. 50 for big size.

Decisisons:confused:

I am a firm believer in buying cheap cases. The only things I check for are zips/seems. I have had so many pricey Antler and Samsonite cases, especially hard shell, and it seems like there is always at least one being replaced by the airline after each leg of the trip. Last year I was fed up and went to Poundstretcher/Instore and bought 2 large cases, very lightweight (under 2 kgs each)for about £17 a piece.

They managed the trans Atlantic and domestic flights and I intend using them again this year.

My hard case is brilliant but weighty, I will always use it though, I like 1 hard case, but wt seems good for the poundies cases, might have a nosey next time I am in town.The big one I am looking at weighs 2.8, cabin ones weighs 2.26.

I am a firm believer in buying cheap cases. Last year I was fed up and went to Poundstretcher/Instore and bought 2 large cases, very lightweight (under 2 kgs each)for about £17 a piece.

After years of using different cases I have found our current Poundstretcher ones to be as good as any we have had but these lightweight ones I saw in the sale were cheaper than Poundstretcher, will wait and see whats available when we are ready.

Delta buisness Elite, we get 3x32kg per person. Wasted really, even though we are going for 25 nights we will probably still only take 1 x23kg case each.
http://www.delta.com/traveling_checkin/inflight_services/business_elite/transcontinental.jsp

After years of using different cases I have found our current Poundstretcher ones to be as good as any we have had but these lightweight ones I saw in the sale were cheaper than Poundstretcher, will wait and see whats available when we are ready.

Delta buisness Elite, we get 3x32kg per person. Wasted really, even though we are going for 25 nights we will probably still only take 1 x23kg case each.
http://www.delta.com/traveling_checkin/inflight_services/business_elite/transcontinental.jsp

I must admit, lovely as the extra luggage is, there is a limit to how much one person can manage (especially on those TINY skycarts in the UK). I do clearly recall a very sweet passenger assisting me with hauling one large case after another off the carousel. He then made known that he thought it very inconsiderate of the rest of my party to just leave me to sort all the luggage alone with the little one. Er, I decided not to admit it was all mine incase he put it back on the carousel :rotfl:

Back to the Delta allowance, I know you are going Business but is this the "old" allowance or is it still currently being offered?

I have just bought 2 of the largest cases from a luggage shop in Clarks Village. They were on BOGOF.

I haven't used them yet, but I don't think they will last very long. The fabric covering isn't very thick and the corners aren't very thick or supportive.

I have just bought 2 of the largest cases from a luggage shop in Clarks Village. They were on BOGOF.

I haven't used them yet, but I don't think they will last very long. The fabric covering isn't very thick and the corners aren't very thick or supportive.

Did you check that your dimensions are withing the maximum limit for dimensions for your airline?

Did you check that your dimensions are withing the maximum limit for dimensions for your airline?

I dont think size is much of an issue for hold, its more the weight.
Even the biggest case in the range seems to fit all the size allowances for hold.

Still nobody been on thats actually tried it:confused3

I dont think size is much of an issue for hold, its more the weight.
Even the biggest case in the range seems to fit all the size allowances for hold.

Still nobody been on thats actually tried it:confused3

They still have a size limit on their websites.
Delta Checked baggage must weigh 50 lbs. or less and its combined length, width and height must measure 62 inches or less

Virgin Up to 90 x 75 x 43cm /
Up to 35.5 x 29.5 x 16ins.

Not sure how strict they are but not worth risking it with the fees they charge.
Virgin seem quite generous compared to Delta.

They still have a size limit on their websites.
Delta Checked baggage must weigh 50 lbs. or less and its combined length, width and height must measure 62 inches or less

Virgin Up to 90 x 75 x 43cm /
Up to 35.5 x 29.5 x 16ins.

Not sure how strict they are but not worth risking it with the fees they charge.
Virgin seem quite generous compared to Delta.

The big one seems to fit in with everybody (ever Ryan Air !!)
But I will def be going through them all again before buying.
You know its all a pain, you think they could at least all use cm or inches!

The ones we have now are 26x20x9 inch so well within limits.
When we buy new I need to stick to Delta limits really, can't see us travelling Virgin for a while with their prices, more chance of flying with American carriers.

I have an enormous hard shell case in my loft (what a hassle to manoevre it throught the hatch ....lol!) It is from about 6 years ago when I am pretty sure that some airlines had a weight limit only, not size, depending where you were flying to, but it is well over the dimensions now so pretty much good for nothing except storing winter bedding in.

There were two of them, but the other one was damaged in the hold and when they replaced it I asked for a smaller one.

You wait till I speak to mart on messenger:lmao:I live half a mile from him and he never told me about the meet.:guilty:little toerag:rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter