New Leaked layout of Super Nintendo World in Universal Orlando

Universal is too obsessed with Coasters and Screens. They have to branch out or they will be left behind.

I heard a rumor a while back of a "Secret of Life of Pets" ride going in Universal Orlando. It was supposed to go where Shrek is or near Toon Lagoon. The ride was said to be very similar to Ratatouille in France. But I haven't heard any new news for it in a while though. Maybe they decided to use the technology with Mario Kart instead.

Universal is too obsessed with Coasters and Screens. They have to branch out or they will be left behind.

I heard a rumor a while back of a "Secret of Life of Pets" ride. It was supposed to go where Shrek is or near Toon Lagoon. The ride was said to be a very similar to Ratatouille in France. I haven't heard any new news in a while. Maybe they decided to use the technology with Mario Kart instead.
Yep Secret Life of Pets was supposed to be a major new ride for Uni but they canned that I guess.

Yep Secret Life of Pets was supposed to be a major new ride for Uni but they canned that I guess.

Do you think that is what they have planned for Mario? Maybe Bowser will actually roam around on the track in animatronic form, instead of in VR.

I expect Nintendo to be a fully immersive land with lots of details build to it. Universal wont mess this up considering how much they are growing in Orlando.

I hope this is right about a larger release- I had kind of wanted to get one of the NES Classics but they sold out so quickly. My kids know Mario & Donkey Kong but this will be great to introduce them to Zelda, Mega Man, & the rest of the crew.

http://www.techradar.com/news/ninte...will-ship-more-snes-classics-than-nes-classic

The next system is about come out too, Super Nintendo. I bet that one's going to fly off the shelves as well. Ahhhh, I miss the old days. Throwing my controller across the room because I died and had to start over. Ahhhh, memories.

The next system is about come out too, Super Nintendo. I bet that one's going to fly off the shelves as well. Ahhhh, I miss the old days. Throwing my controller across the room because I died and had to start over. Ahhhh, memories.
You sound like me when I'm playing "the show" on my PS4 now. Ahhhhh nevermind.....

Given this basically "mini land", I wonder what the long term plan is for Uni's huge tract of 400 acres. The speculation was, well that must be for a full Nintendo-based park, plus a Lord of the Rings park. But maybe we were deluding ourselves that a single IP or even a single theme can carry a complete theme park. Perhaps the plan is to slowly acquire enough different IP's until a park as diverse as MK or IOA can be conceived. Maybe over 20 years or more, scooping up properties from not-yet-released movies and games.

I think it would be a poor idea to use a single IP entitity (even something like Harry Potter or Nintendo) for an entire park as it will alienate some people. It will only have a big pull for fans of it, but get others to go for the rides in general, but jsut not the same pull as a more diverse range of IPs. Honestly I oculd see them using that area to put in a new park that has more HP stuff (likely from Fantastic Beasts and keeping the more direct HP stuff in the other parks), more Nintendo stuff (use Mario and DK for the current planned land) with Zelda and Metroid areas, an area for their new Dark Universe with the classic monsters, and Dreamworks tehmed lands either as a whoe or different mini-lands to the properties. Those coudl all easily fill out a park that woudl draw llots of diffferent people and be a big hit.

I think it would be a poor idea to use a single IP entitity (even something like Harry Potter or Nintendo) for an entire park as it will alienate some people. It will only have a big pull for fans of it, but get others to go for the rides in general, but jsut not the same pull as a more diverse range of IPs. Honestly I oculd see them using that area to put in a new park that has more HP stuff (likely from Fantastic Beasts and keeping the more direct HP stuff in the other parks), more Nintendo stuff (use Mario and DK for the current planned land) with Zelda and Metroid areas, an area for their new Dark Universe with the classic monsters, and Dreamworks tehmed lands either as a whoe or different mini-lands to the properties. Those coudl all easily fill out a park that woudl draw llots of diffferent people and be a big hit.
It would be cool to give universal creative some chances to spread their wings and come up with some original ideas as well. I think they're capable with their efforts with Harry Potter to make really incredibly themed areas

YEa original areas would be good too. They've already shown that capability before HP even. When IoA first opened, The Lost Continent looked amazing and was one of, if not the best, areas of that park and it was the only completely original one

I love the competition - helps us, the consumers. Let's just hope that the economy stays strong enough, long enough, for all of this stuff to materialize.

I'm thinking that Universal Orlando will announce Super Nintendo Land during D23 to take away the attention from Disney.

I'm thinking that Universal Orlando will announce Super Nintendo Land during D23 to take away the attention from Disney.
Why on earth would they do that? Universal has proven recently to be worth more than a distraction. If they want to kill Disney's buzz, just wait a week or two after and do your own big fanfare where you announce it. Then you aren't a distraction during the news cycle, you own your own cycle.

Why on earth would they do that? Universal has proven recently to be worth more than a distraction. If they want to kill Disney's buzz, just wait a week or two after and do your own big fanfare where you announce it. Then you aren't a distraction during the news cycle, you own your own cycle.
Well they opened Volcano Bay the same week as Pandora. They've made announcements before when Disney has but never that big.

Well they opened Volcano Bay the same week as Pandora. They've made announcements before when Disney has but never that big.
Opening Volcano Bay, a waterpark, Memorial Day weekend at the start of the "unofficial" summer, isn't really a slap at Disney. It's common sense. Just like opening Pandora on the same weekend. I think that is a different animal.

Opening Volcano Bay, a waterpark, Memorial Day weekend at the start of the "unofficial" summer, isn't really a slap at Disney. It's common sense. Just like opening Pandora on the same weekend. I think that is a different animal.
True but again they have made announcements are similar times but never something like Nintendo.

True but again they have made announcements are similar times but never something like Nintendo.
In the past there's been a "isn't that cute, little guy" derisive vibe between Disney and USO. That ended with Harry Potter and the most recent attendance numbers show USO can more than hold its own. I just don't think USO needs to steal thunder or try and distract a news cycle anymore. They can earn it on their own and I expect they believe so as well. We will see.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!