New Laundry Machines coming to Disney World Resorts

IronFozzie

Mouseketeer
Wanted to pass along a few pictures I took of the new laundry facilities coming to Walt Disney World Resort hotels. The new machines are primarly credit card operated and require a valid Visa, MasterCard, or Discover Card. There are still a few coin operated machines available as well, but keep in mind that these are very limited in number.

GOmq7oi.jpg

Instructions on how to operate the machines

VYrzZmy.jpg

Change machine and credit card machine

nLBCEqj.jpg

Close up of the credit card machine with instructions on how to use

yt4KS8L.jpg

Vending for detergent uses credit cards as well as coins

UucQIDk.jpg

Card operated washing machine (No option on this machine for coins)

uGSKFWj.jpg

There are a few coin operated machines remaining

SHwrMoI.jpg

Card operated dryers

dozoaEd.jpg

Coin operated dryers

I don't believe that you have the option to pay with MagicBands at this point, but I could only guess that there will be the option to do that in the future. Thought this might help some people plan their vacation though. No need to bring tons of coins anymore. You can also monitor the laundry facilities from your smartphone using the website in the first photo. www.laundryview.com/disneyworld You can see how many machines are available for use and how long are remaining. You can even get text notifications when your clothes are done.

Last edited:
I think it's completely worth it. These machines look so much nicer and the ability to have them text you when your clothes are done is just amazing. No need to keep checking back or sit there the entire time.

What? You mean no more trips stalking the laundry to check for empty machines, then bolting to the elevator, dragging the laundry bag back down the elevator in your pjs because you just HAVE TO GET DOWN THERE NOW?

That's amazing.

Not that I've ever done anything like that...

Seriously though, being able to check for empty machines is a game changer. I spent an entire rainy afternoon doing the stalk-and-dash last August, LOL!!

I love the idea of monitoring laundry via phone. I have never done laundry at WDW but I will probably need to this summer. Are the machines that busy that it is tough to get done?

It depends on the resort that you're at. If you are staying at a value resort the laundry facilities can sometimes be quite busy. Especially if there is a sporting event going on.

It depends on the resort that you're at. If you are staying at a value resort the laundry facilities can sometimes be quite busy. Especially if there is a sporting event going on.

Usually the Laundries at the secondary Pools at the Values aren't as crowded as the Laundries at the main Pools(I think a lot of Guests think there is only the one Laundry.):)

The checking on your phone is cool but I can see if being more of an issue then a benefit.
I think you will see more people start machines and take off then not come back right away. In turn the machines will sit full and not allow others to use them
Not that that can't happen without being able to check but I think it is less likely when someone has it on their. Mind and is checking in on it

Anyway, does anyone have an idea of how long the machines run for?
I'm trying to decide if I want to take time to do wash or just bring extra clothes
Tia

I just looked at the website and viewed POFQ's laundry room. It not only showed which machines were in use and how much time remained, but also showed them shaking. Pretty funny.

Anyway, it's another example of how much the "Internet of Things" is changing our lives.

Last edited:
The checking on your phone is cool but I can see if being more of an issue then a benefit.
I think you will see more people start machines and take off then not come back right away. In turn the machines will sit full and not allow others to use them
Not that that can't happen without being able to check but I think it is less likely when someone has it on their. Mind and is checking in on it

Anyway, does anyone have an idea of how long the machines run for?
I'm trying to decide if I want to take time to do wash or just bring extra clothes
Tia

I think it will be the same as before. If someone doesn't come back and empty their machines, the next guest will do it for them.

Do you know which resorts already have them in place?

According to the website, one can select to monitor from:

ALL STAR RESORT
ANIMAL KINGDOM LODGE JAMBO HOUSE
ART OF ANIMATION
BOARDWALK INN
BOARDWALK VILLAS
CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT
CONTEMPORARY RESORT - BAY LAKE TOWER
CONTEMPORARY RESORT - SOUTH GARDEN WING
CORONADO SPRINGS RESORT
GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA
POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT
POLYNESIAN VILLAS & BUNGALOWS
POP CENTURY RESORT
PORT ORLEANS RESORT - FRENCH QUARTER
PORT ORLEANS RESORT - RIVERSIDE
SARATOGA SPRINGS RESORT & SPA
VILLAS AT GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA
VILLAS AT WILDERNESS LODGE
YACHT AND BEACH CLUB RESORT
BEACH CLUB VILLAS
YACHT AND BEACH CLUB RESORT - YACHT CLUB INSIDE

It looks like a majority of the resorts have at least some installed. I know that not all of the machines have switched over, for example Coronado Springs has only had two of their three laundry rooms switched so far. The third can't be that far behind. I would expect that they will have all of them switched over by the busy summer peak period.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter