New! Haunted Mansion-Inspired Dooney & Bourke Bag

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love the design of this bag! Such a shame though to hear that peolpe are having problems with them, I was planning on getting one on my next visit but now I'm not so sure :headache:

I love the design of this bag! Such a shame though to hear that peolpe are having problems with them, I was planning on getting one on my next visit but now I'm not so sure :headache:
I went a head a got one knowing there had been problems. If D&B send my bag back with out been fixed I plan on seeing if a local place can fix it by adding the corners. Perhaps something with the strap too. (so it does not rub)

Almost 2 weeks and no response. I will be calling tomorrow. I missed out on the satchel because I wanted to sell my other HM bags before buying. I am bummed.

I mailed my bag to them on 3/30 and the letter from them is dated 4/1. It was sent 2 day shipping and i guess they just whipped out a denial letter on the spot. I will freak if you get a new bag back (happy for you of course). I'm still waiting to hear from Dooney after my phone call the other day about my complaint of how they are handling this. They told me they don't yet have a clear position on how things are being handled. I'd give them a call. Did you have tracking and know they have your bag? When did you send it? Maybe the complaints are adding up and they might be doing something.

I mailed my bag to them on 3/30 and the letter from them is dated 4/1. It was sent 2 day shipping and i guess they just whipped out a denial letter on the spot. I will freak if you get a new bag back (happy for you of course). I'm still waiting to hear from Dooney after my phone call the other day about my complaint of how they are handling this. They told me they don't yet have a clear position on how things are being handled. I'd give them a call. Did you have tracking and know they have your bag? When did you send it? Maybe the complaints are adding up and they might be doing something.

I expected a denial letter by now. I shipped it 3/25 and it arrived 3/27. I can only hope enough people getting together and sending their bags in might make them do the right thing. I missed calling again today, I will try tomorrow. It's tough because the same hours they're open are the same ones I work. I will let you know what they say.

Well, they replied to an email I sent in and told me that the letter would soon be on its way along with my bag. :/ Can't believe it takes 2 weeks to print out and send a letter they send to everyone.

Well, they replied to an email I sent in and told me that the letter would soon be on its way along with my bag. :/ Can't believe it takes 2 weeks to print out and send a letter they send to everyone.
Does that mean they same letter as posted above "as per disney" one?

That's slightly more vague. Wonder if they're figuring out what to do now w do many complaints. I got my denial instantly about 4 days after I sent it. I called back and argued about this whole cluster, brief on holds while things discussed w managers and was told I'd get a call back by end of week. That's passed of course and no bag mailed back.

I'll try and call Monday if not Tuesday since I'm off that day and see what they have to say. I'll ask specifically why they have fixed the problem w other customers w the exact problem but now have chosen to stop replacing the defective bags and that we've seen the replacements w the corners . I know of 2 people on the FB group that have shown their photos. One girl even got her old bag sent back to her later which was a total shock. It's like they're running shop out of a garage s no direction.

Some of us have taken to Twitter w @disneystore @dooneyandbourke and #disneydooney talking about the poor product, service etc.

We've all gotten the General "oh no please email so we can help you" responses but we're keeping at it. Only from disney. Dooney doesn't even pretend to care. tweet your own or retweet ours.

That's slightly more vague. Wonder if they're figuring out what to do now w do many complaints. I got my denial instantly about 4 days after I sent it. I called back and argued about this whole cluster, brief on holds while things discussed w managers and was told I'd get a call back by end of week. That's passed of course and no bag mailed back.

I'll try and call Monday if not Tuesday since I'm off that day and see what they have to say. I'll ask specifically why they have fixed the problem w other customers w the exact problem but now have chosen to stop replacing the defective bags and that we've seen the replacements w the corners . I know of 2 people on the FB group that have shown their photos. One girl even got her old bag sent back to her later which was a total shock. It's like they're running shop out of a garage s no direction.

Some of us have taken to Twitter w @disneystore @dooneyandbourke and #disneydooney talking about the poor product, service etc.

We've all gotten the General "oh no please email so we can help you" responses but we're keeping at it. Only from disney. Dooney doesn't even pretend to care. tweet your own or retweet ours.

It is really terrible customer service. I noticed that the new bags that are in the blog post have the corners on it. I don't have Twitter but I might have to start.

I do not have the letter in hand yet, it will be here Monday I think along with my bag. The email just said that they shipped my bag back with a letter.

I am assuming it's the same one. Will post when I have it in hand.

When did you send yours and did you send to dooney or disney? people on the FB groups are getting their bags returned back to them from dooney saying that can't help them and 'per disney' send it to them.
Straight back to Dooney. They took really good care of me!

Straight back to Dooney. They took really good care of me!

Fingers crossed we all get that. Glad you did get it sorted.
I do not have the letter in hand yet, it will be here Monday I think along with my bag. The email just said that they shipped my bag back with a letter.

I am assuming it's the same one. Will post when I have it in hand.
Thanks hoping that it a fixed or new bag you get back.

Got my bag back, but no letter. They said the letter was with the bag, it's not. They told me they wouldn't repair/replace it and Disneystore is saying the same thing. Dooney returned my bag to me in WORSE condition then when I sent it out. I don't understand how they choose to help some and completely ignore others. I will be going in person to Disney and force them to take back the bag since both companies choose to not do the right thing.

Got my bag back, but no letter. They said the letter was with the bag, it's not. They told me they wouldn't repair/replace it and Disneystore is saying the same thing. Dooney returned my bag to me in WORSE condition then when I sent it out. I don't understand how they choose to help some and completely ignore others. I will be going in person to Disney and force them to take back the bag since both companies choose to not do the right thing.
Sorry to read that. I don't get it either. Forgive me if you said already, was your bag registered?

I haven't recvd my bag back yet. Can't recall when did you send yours? Seemed we sent around the same time. I sent 3/30.

I also heard the bags are coming back worse like they are scratching them up even more checking them. On another FB board someone has used some leather paint to repair hers and it looks flawless! Angelus acrylic paints. She said she was working on a custom color recipe - I'll see if she's done that yet but her before and after photos looked great. Better than a sharpie that wears off in a week and looks more purple to me.

I actually had a nightmare the night before that I was in WDW trying to return my bag and all the drama that ensued!! :eek: Crazy!

BigMomma It doesn't matter if you're registered. Mine is and so many others are. Their guarantee card actually refers to their "leathergoods" and this is not leather but coated cotton. Not sure if that's how they can wash their hands of this.

I haven't recvd my bag back yet. Can't recall when did you send yours? Seemed we sent around the same time. I sent 3/30.

I also heard the bags are coming back worse like they are scratching them up even more checking them. On another FB board someone has used some leather paint to repair hers and it looks flawless! Angelus acrylic paints. She said she was working on a custom color recipe - I'll see if she's done that yet but her before and after photos looked great. Better than a sharpie that wears off in a week and looks more purple to me.

I actually had a nightmare the night before that I was in WDW trying to return my bag and all the drama that ensued!! :eek: Crazy!

BigMomma It doesn't matter if you're registered. Mine is and so many others are. Their guarantee card actually refers to their "leathergoods" and this is not leather but coated cotton. Not sure if that's how they can wash their hands of this.
Your right seems they found a loop hole. When I get my bag back I think I will try to see if some where could add the corners for me. I haven't had a letter or anything yet.

On another FB board someone has used some leather paint to repair hers and it looks flawless! Angelus acrylic paints. She said she was working on a custom color recipe - I'll see if she's done that yet but her before and after photos looked great. Better than a sharpie that wears off in a week and looks more purple to me.

Oh wow, that's a clever idea! Sad it's necessary for bags of this (supposed) quality. :(

Update on my HM Dooney return drama. Background: Sent bag in 3/30, got denial from Dooney saying to return to Disney. Called Dooney back to strongly contest that Disney won't help w/ their defective product. Dooney supervisor took my info and I never heard back. Called today and Dooney rep said they are still waiting on word from Disney on this. So...nothing fabulous to report but at least they are working on something - at least that's what the rep said. She also said it could take awhile. I'm still tweeting sometimes so anyone on there wanting to RT look for ‪#‎DooneyDisney‬
Taken from Dooney site "And that's why we back EVERYTHING WE MAKE with our ironclad Dooney Guarantee" I'm calling BS on this LIE.
Your right seems they found a loop hole. When I get my bag back I think I will try to see if some where could add the corners for me. I haven't had a letter or anything yet.

Maybe they're holding onto things since my rant to the supervisor demanding answers and calling them out on their quality. Not sure if they're just holding my bag from the crazy lady or everyone's.

Update on my HM Dooney return drama. Background: Sent bag in 3/30, got denial from Dooney saying to return to Disney. Called Dooney back to strongly contest that Disney won't help w/ their defective product. Dooney supervisor took my info and I never heard back. Called today and Dooney rep said they are still waiting on word from Disney on this. So...nothing fabulous to report but at least they are working on something - at least that's what the rep said. She also said it could take awhile. I'm still tweeting sometimes so anyone on there wanting to RT look for ‪#‎DooneyDisney‬
Taken from Dooney site "And that's why we back EVERYTHING WE MAKE with our ironclad Dooney Guarantee" I'm calling BS on this LIE.

Maybe they're holding onto things since my rant to the supervisor demanding answers and calling them out on their quality. Not sure if they're just holding my bag from the crazy lady or everyone's.
Now I can't let you be the crazy lady alone. I joined Twitter but can not find your tweets.Thanks for keeping us all updated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter