New from Illinois

gwcollins71 said:
My Pi moved to Fullerton and Clark.

Sure -- into ENEMY TERRITORY (land of the DeFormed Blue Cretins :sad: )! TRAITORS!!!

Hmmm, I'm gathering you're not a DePaul fan. :rolleyes1

I think it had more to do with the neighborhood change than anything. Rogers Park, including the LU area got a little icky in the mid to late 80's early 90's. That's true though, they could've at least moved less close to Fullerton though.

mikesmom97 said:
Hello from a central Illinois town to small to mention!

About 1 hour north of Peoria!

We are having our first ever Disney trip in October!!! :banana:

I'm in a small town about 1 hour north of Peoria too. :flower: Pop. 550

Is the 97 in your user's name for your son's birth year? My DD in my user's name was born in 97 too.

Hi tinknme :wave: We're about 15 minutes from you.

Hi angel's momma :wave2: So which small town is this :)

angel's momma said:
I'm in a small town about 1 hour north of Peoria too. :flower: Pop. 550

Hi tinknme :wave: We're about 15 minutes from you.

Hi from Peoria! :wave2: Lots of DISers in Central Illinois!

I graduated from U of I :cool1: so I lived in Champaign/Urbana 4 years. Then we lived in Norridge, across the street from Chicago ;)

Now, I'm back in Peoria. :flower:

Welcome to the DIS :sunny: Have a great trip -- and I second the skip AK opinion if you only have 3 days.

AND another hello!!! from another Illinoian--Oak Forest to be exact, 20 miles south of Chicago. You'll have a great time at WDW, and I'm a huge fan of Animal Kingdom, so take it from me, you'll love it!

Well thats not as bad as Victoria :rotfl: I lived there when I was younger, now that was small :teeth:

angel's momma said:

Wow, just found this thread. Good to see all the central Illinois people. I live in Tolono, its about 15 minutes south of Champaign/Urbana. In fact I work in Urbana, I teach chemistry at the high school. I had no clue there were others lurking here too. Way cool !!!!!

Dennis

We're way down south in Illinois on the Ohio River, in Massac County.

Don't care to spend a whole day at AK but love to go to MGM and MK!

BrinxFam were is Southern IL? My dad's family is from the Grayville, Albion, Mt Carmel area in southern IL. I have lived in Peoria for the last 12 years but am originally from the Springfield area.

WOW, A lot of Illinoisers on this site. Springfield area myself. Glad to see so many neighbors.

Hello from Southern Illinois! Newton to be exact pop-3000!

There is a small but growing community of WDW addicts here. We are thinking of starting our own version of Disney AA!

Welcome! I was born & raised in Illinois & we go back a couple times/year. We are also planning a trip in Nov. You may want to pick up the book "Passporter" - it will give great tips - especially for a quick trip.

Have fun planning - that's just as fun as the trip - well. . . almost.

Welcome Patrick!!! :wave2:
My kids loved AK in July so I would expect November would be even better. Bummer you don't have more time. Have a great trip!

Havana (the one in IL)
Edwardsville
Belleville
O'Fallon
Highland
Pocahontas

Wish these were Disney resorts instead of IL towns I've lived in!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter