New Englanders: Good lobster at WDW?

aristocatz

DIS Veteran
Would love the opinion of a New Englander:

Which WDW restaurants would you recommend for good lobster?

Thanks!

This Cape Cod (Massachusetts) girl says there is no good place to have lobster....though....I havent tried The Boathouse at Disney Springs yet. But, for those prices, I would just have ME lobsters shipped to your house and you can enjoy them before/after your trip! Honestly, there is no good seafood in FL. Dont waste your $$$$.

http://www.thelobsterguy.com/?gclid=CLjmrJa4zdICFVVWDQod7YEC6g

https://www.mainelobsternow.com/buy-lobster-online?gclid=CPnj5_e3zdICFZaPswodS7oNnQ

Thanks, I figured as much, but was hoping for the best lol.

I spent my summers on Cape Cod & my mom's family is from Hyannisport. Four Seas & the Raw Bar are my go to's for lobster salad on the Cape!

Thanks, I figured as much, but was hoping for the best lol.

I spent my summers on Cape Cod & my mom's family is from Hyannisport. Four Seas & the Raw Bar are my go to's for lobster salad on the Cape!

Im 5 minutes away for Four Seas! Love their ice cream. If you ever get a chance to come back, try Spanky's ! Really good. Tugboats too.

Would love the opinion of a New Englander:

Which WDW restaurants would you recommend for good lobster?

Thanks!
If the objective is eating good food, then eating what's local is what's likely best.

No Pompano or Stone Crab Claws in New England, and the Red Snapper is likely to be coming from local waters too.

But if you must:

-- Narcoossee's steams a lobster and then removes it from the shell before serving. Straight forward @ $70. I've even called the place upscale 'New England-y'.

-- Shula's serves big steaks. They also have a 4lb. lobster for $100 (you shell it yourself). Order it before you go, they run out early. Have a chocolate souffle for dessert.

-- BlueZoo also has a 'unique' Cantonese-style lobster (which is anything but, however, very good) and also offers their lobster butter poached with the same items on the plate as the Cantonese version. But they have many options for whole fish.

-- I've not yet been to Boathouse, but given everything I've read, their menu looks like it could be most authentic - Lobster Bake for 2 is $60 (add a whole lobster to anything for $30).

-- Newly opened Paddlefish is also doing 'Boils', one of them is New England-y with lobster.

-- I may have to try a lobster roll at Boathouse next vacation. Otherwise, avoid these in the Parks and at Resorts / Resort areas.

Just say no.
And yes, I'm from New England.
Lobster isn't native to Orlando. There's a reason they charge so much. Don't be swayed.
If you must have lobster, visit Maine; its lovely.
We got some great lobster (lazy man's lobster) at McLaughlin's in Bangor. And not all that expensive.

I agree you need to stick to New England for lobster. But if you must have it I would go to the quick service restaurant next to the hall of presidents they have a delicious lobster roll. It's called Columbia Harbour House. You can even eat upstairs. I have tried Paddlefish for lunch and the lobster roll. It was good but very expensive and I've had better. I've eaten at the Boathouse 3x and have been underwhelmed but they have a cute dockside bar. As for Narcooses I'd say it's just ok. There a way better signature options than this restaurant!

the roll at chh is ok had a lot better and a lot worse all the seafood is just not what we get at home in new England

I wouldn't do it.

I especially would be wary of anything that claims to be a lobster roll. From what I saw, they put mayonnaise on them and serve them cold, and in my world, a lobster roll has butter, not mayo, and is served hot.

Your world is one kind of NE Lobster roll, not the only kind.
I was born and have lived my entire life in NE. My father-in-law was a chef in Maine. Lobster rolls definitely are authentic as well when made with a bit of mayonnaise and served cold. I would never eat a lobster roll with melted butter. Garbage :-)

Last edited:
You don't have to stick to New England for Lobster. The same lobster that is sitting in a tank for days after catch at your favorite fish monger is flown down in a matter of hours to tanks down in Florida. No difference in quality, only price to cover the cost of shipping.

As for being no good Seafood in Florida that's nuts. I'm a life long New Englander who has a home in Clearwater and can tell you I eat fish frequently on every trip. It's hard to beat "anything" cooked right off the boat at the Bait House in Clearwater or the Grouper Reuben at the Rod and Reel on Anna Maria island.

You world is one kind of NE Lobster roll, not the only kind.
I was born and have lived my entire life in NE. My father-in-law was a chef in Maine. Lobster rolls definitely are authentic as well when made with a bit of mayonnaise and served cold. I would never eat a lobster roll with melted butter. Garbage :-)

I wouldn't turn my head on either type of Lobster Roll. While I prefer and usually make mine butter poached on a warm grilled roll there's a place for the cold version with just mayonnaise and a bit of chopped celery.

I only eat lobster a couple of times a year, because it isn't my favorite, but when I do I only get lobster off the boats in the harbor here in Marblehead, MA (no, you don't have to go all the way up the coast to Maine for lobster!). So I wouldn't get lobster down in Florida, but would go for all the other wonderful seafood they have there.

There was a long thread about this last year, I think! :) MA girl here, and I'm agreeing with most here that the lobster rolls down there aren't what we are used to. They're lobster salad. Very chopped up with lots of mayonnaise, in my experience. The single good one we've had in WDW that we've truly enjoyed is the one they have during the Food and Wine Festival. I would say if I was going to attempt it, I'd try the Boathouse. We have eaten there a couple of times and loved it, though none of us has had the lobster.

The Lobster Roll at Paddlefish contains the lobster meat from a 1 1/4 pound lobster. It looks great

The Lobster Roll at Paddlefish contains the lobster meat from a 1 1/4 pound lobster. It looks great

You get roughly 4 oz of Lobster Meat from a 1 1/4lber depending on whether it's a firm or hard shell. Disney is probably paying about $7 a lb for their Lobsters, maybe less considering the quantity they buy. That's a nice little markup they have at $31 a pop.

I've had lobster roll at Boathouse and paddlefish. I'd say they both good but I would not reorder either. Luke's in Boston is much better

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter