New DVC site is terrible

paults

HOME IS WHERE BWV IS
I have nothing but trouble getting around the pages. I get lines of writing on top of other lines. I was signed in and then tried to look for availability and it asked me to sign in again WHAT. What a piece of crap .
When I first tried to sign in it was hell, once in they wanted me to do a survey, great I started then they said I could continue with checking out the site and come back to answer more questions so I tried but it sent me right back to the survey. Boy do I answer the questions. These new pages are terrible. When you pick something with your arrow it disappears instead of just get bigger.

Just went back into the DVC site after 4 hours. I guess after they worked on it last night and said it would be done ( I think this morning) it took a lot longer for things to settle down. If they changed anything I didn't notice. Seems to be working now for me.
Gosh Disney, get Universal to help with your website. It can't be any worse.I hope.

I do not believe they were making changes to the "site" last night. They were making changes and/or updates to the backend. DVC, WDW, and DL reservation systems for resorts and dining were all offline overnight.

Guess I’ll stay away from DVC Member Site for awhile.
I just “explored the 50th Anniversary APP “ and it looks like a lot of legal added.
For instance Has all the medical information always been included …just keep scrolling , scrolling, scrolling.

And in my Profile what is Show My Linking Code QR Scan with warning !

Last edited:
When using the tool to book a resort, I now see the monthly availability when I expand the results (red circle):

1660262577266.png

This had stopped working for a while.

Lots of "white screen" when I try to go back to the dashboard from after a reservation. Fails to load my dashboard, these are easy bugs to work out . It works better on safari than chrome for me.

And in my Profile what is Show My Linking Code QR Scan with warning !
If someone is adding you to their F&F list and you’re physically close enough to them, they can scan that QR code and :tinker: POOF, you’re linked to them!

The warning just tells you what they can see when you’re linked to them, no matter how you become linked.

I was modifying a reservation yesterday, and knew I had to move fast, however this is DVC IT. By the time I finally got to where I wanted, the last night was gone. I switched it over anyway and now have a waitlist for the last night. S L O W :badpc:

Someone fill me in...my site looks exactly the same.
Ya, not sure what the OP meant by new site.......my assumption was they were referencing it as "new" because there had been a message about maintenance the night before.

I've noticed that the website appears and works (or doesn't) depending on the device & browser.

It works just fine (except it can sometimes be excruciatingly slow loading) when I am on my laptop using Chrome, Edge or Firefox. It does not work well on my android tablet, no matter which browser I use. For example, the drop down choices from the bar across the top do not work, but if I scroll all the way down to the bottom and use one of the links found there, the pages will load.

OP here, I went on after they worked on it the night before because they said it was up. I think it was just taking longer to reset after the were done. It looks the same as it was before.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter