New Disney Ships: News, Rumors, Speculation.....and Names!

View attachment 549998
do we know if the Wish is going to have an aquaduck type slide? I thought the original images showed one but this latest image I grabbed from the Cinderella commercial doesn’t show anything like that present
I dont think the original concept art had one in it. Almost positive. With that said Disney may be going with something else for the Wish class. Unless they are planning on cutting holes later, doesn't look like the Wish will have one.

I dont think the original concept art had one in it. Almost positive. With that said Disney may be going with something else for the Wish class. Unless they are planning on cutting holes later, doesn't look like the Wish will have one.

interesting. I can’t imagine them not having a slide of some sort. Maybe it’ll be something new they just haven’t shown us yet

The wish may have an internal one? The Triton class is bigger but with little increase in guest capacity.

Could have an internal waterslide? I do see what looks to be the makings of a platform inside the funnel, that could be the start of it.

Edit: Looking closer at the funnel at the deck inside I can see what looks like the start of a vertical slide. If you look inside to the left you can see a transparent tube mounted vertically.

Last edited:
Oh I hope it’s not a vertical slide!! I’d much rather have a fun, entertaining slide than a thrill slide. My understanding is that the slides on the newer ships are better than the vertical one on the Magic.

I figure this is the correct place to ask. My family and I have cruised Disney a few times (say 5 or so), comfortably Castaway Club, but hardly as experienced as some of the stalwarts. DS17 graduating next year, and we are seriously considering taking the maiden voyage of the Disney Wish, which I assume will start booking this late spring/summer. Never done an Inaugural, and wanted some advice. How do I get on the list to request a booking (either for the very first cruise or sometime in the first month)? I am certain they'll ask their lifers first, but I'd like a crack at it. Should I use a travel agent, go direct through Disney, etc?

Is it likely to be a 4- or 7-day Caribbean cruise? We could do either, just curious. Thanks!

Hi, and welcome:

I started this thread oh so long ago to keep updates on progress, names, themes -- well, all of it. Unfortunately, as I'm sure you know, everything is stalled and delayed, but there is hope as pictures have started to be posted. Not sure what itinerary the first new ship will have or the length, but probably Caribbean.

I have met the platinum level -- so all I can tell you is that platinum cruisers get the first shot to book, then gold, then silver. I had a great travel agent who did all our bookings for a decade, but we parted ways when they got kind of nasty about my not booking every year. The quotes became too high for us, so we haven't cruised Disney since 2014.

I, too, would love to get on an inaugural cruise, but I don't see us being able to afford to. So we'll see -- maybe if I start saving now LOL. But be sure to check out page one for all the highlights I have gathered to date. And stay tuned......

View attachment 549998
do we know if the Wish is going to have an aquaduck type slide? I thought the original images showed one but this latest image I grabbed from the Cinderella commercial doesn’t show anything like that present

I would imagine there is some creative licence with these images. Being a CGI image allows disney to play thier cards close to thier chests

I found some.conxept of the dream and fantasy which didn't show the aquaduck or satellite falls. I know this is slightly different concept art to what we have seen of the Wish - but I think they probably keep things under wraps to protect themselves from the competition Disney Dream and Disney Fantasy.jpg

I figure this is the correct place to ask. My family and I have cruised Disney a few times (say 5 or so), comfortably Castaway Club, but hardly as experienced as some of the stalwarts. DS17 graduating next year, and we are seriously considering taking the maiden voyage of the Disney Wish, which I assume will start booking this late spring/summer. Never done an Inaugural, and wanted some advice. How do I get on the list to request a booking (either for the very first cruise or sometime in the first month)? I am certain they'll ask their lifers first, but I'd like a crack at it. Should I use a travel agent, go direct through Disney, etc?

Is it likely to be a 4- or 7-day Caribbean cruise? We could do either, just curious. Thanks!

If Disney follows past practices, it will most likely be a 4 day, and bump the Dream to go to Miami. There is a possibility, it will be the Fantasy that gets the bump, but Disney does pretty good at past practice.

As far as the maiden goes, it will be a stand alone announcement, as when bookings open up. Theyll follow the traditional opening day procedures, where Platinums book 1 day, then gold the next day then silver and everyone else.

Fair warning, the maiden can move dates. They moved the Magic and Wonders a total of 5 times between the 2, and the Fantasys 1 time. If they do what they normally do, the deposit is inline with concierge, where its non refundable and slightly higher. But you can still pay it off over time, but its a shorter time frame to do so. Instead of 18 months it may be 12-15. Theres still a lot of unknowns, mostly due to corona throwing monkey wrenches into the mix. Its still possible that she slips from summer of 22 to Feb of 23. or anywhere in that time frame.

I found some.conxept of the dream and fantasy which didn't show the aquaduck or satellite falls. I know this is slightly different concept art to what we have seen of the Wish - but I think they probably keep things under wraps to protect themselves from the competition View attachment 550129

That was the 1 I was thinking of. It also doesnt show the cabin bumpouts that the later one shows. I also found the later version, that has the AD in it. It lacks a lot of detail, like the name, and a lot of porthole cabins on deck 1 and 2.

download.jpg

Wow. Looking for the concept art for the Wish, and found Disney pulled a fast one on us. Theyve slowly let out a few interior concept art pictures, and the atrium character has been in front of our faces the entire time, since the picture was published.
Look whos standing at the base of the stairs.

Disney-Wish-Cruise-Ship-Atrium.jpg

interesting. I can’t imagine them not having a slide of some sort. Maybe it’ll be something new they just haven’t shown us yet
The wish may have an internal one? The Triton class is bigger but with little increase in guest capacity.

Could have an internal waterslide? I do see what looks to be the makings of a platform inside the funnel, that could be the start of it.

Edit: Looking closer at the funnel at the deck inside I can see what looks like the start of a vertical slide. If you look inside to the left you can see a transparent tube mounted vertically.

Looking at the video on my laptop, I can see some differences of the aft funnel where the AD begins. I can see a platform with guard rails, about 1 level up from where the AD line would enter the funnel. Also, the large overhang, would be too tall for the deck where we would store our shoes etc to begin the climb. This particular funnel, maybe the foward funnel. Or quite possibly if it is the aft funnel, they may do something different. Working on if its the foward funnel or not.

If Disney follows past practices, it will most likely be a 4 day, and bump the Dream to go to Miami. There is a possibility, it will be the Fantasy that gets the bump, but Disney does pretty good at past practice.

As far as the maiden goes, it will be a stand alone announcement, as when bookings open up. Theyll follow the traditional opening day procedures, where Platinums book 1 day, then gold the next day then silver and everyone else.

Fair warning, the maiden can move dates. They moved the Magic and Wonders a total of 5 times between the 2, and the Fantasys 1 time. If they do what they normally do, the deposit is inline with concierge, where its non refundable and slightly higher. But you can still pay it off over time, but its a shorter time frame to do so. Instead of 18 months it may be 12-15. Theres still a lot of unknowns, mostly due to corona throwing monkey wrenches into the mix. Its still possible that she slips from summer of 22 to Feb of 23. or anywhere in that time frame.

Good info. Thanks.

Wow. Looking for the concept art for the Wish, and found Disney pulled a fast one on us. Theyve slowly let out a few interior concept art pictures, and the atrium character has been in front of our faces the entire time, since the picture was published.
Look whos standing at the base of the stairs.

Is that Cinderella?

Exciting. Since that's a child dressed as Cinderella, maybe the surprise is that it's Belle?

Surprise how?

Eta.
I think I got it your referring to Belle coming downstairs with the child being surprised. Been a long day.

Last edited:

Thank you for the detailed insights. I think I'm Silver, so I'll engage DCL directly to verify as we get closer. Moving dates would be tough based on son's schedule. But we will figure that out.

Thank you for the detailed insights. I think I'm Silver, so I'll engage DCL directly to verify as we get closer. Moving dates would be tough based on son's schedule. But we will figure that out.

You're welcome
With the Wish anything can happen up until she drops her lines for her very 1st cruise. The Fantasy initially was marketed as an April 7th maiden. About a month or 2 months after they announced the April 7th date and started booking,, they moved it to March 31st. So it's entirely possible that they could move the maiden up by one week or potentially it could go the other way depending upon how things play out.

I’m interested in what the restaurants will be. I’m sure AP will stay, but what about the others? Also I’d love a speciality restaurant that is nicer than Main Dining but not quite as nice as Palo. Like a steakhouse or Asian restaurant. You have to dress up a little bit but it’s not as high end as Palo/Remy.

I’m interested in what the restaurants will be. I’m sure AP will stay, but what about the others? Also I’d love a speciality restaurant that is nicer than Main Dining but not quite as nice as Palo. Like a steakhouse or Asian restaurant. You have to dress up a little bit but it’s not
I’m interested in what the restaurants will be. I’m sure AP will stay, but what about the others? Also I’d love a speciality restaurant that is nicer than Main Dining but not quite as nice as Palo. Like a steakhouse or Asian restaurant. You have to dress up a little bit but it’s not as high end as Palo/Remy.
I wouldn't mind seeing something different. Every ship has Cabanas, every ship has Palos. They need their own identity. I can see AP all 7 ships. But at least change up the themeing of cabanas to where it used to be with BBB and Topsiders. We don't need 5 Enchanted Gardens. Make 1 a park, another Paris, Hong Kong etc

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter