New Discount Watch Thread - Fall 2021

scrappinginontario

The current Special Offer ends in a few days on Sep 29, 2021. We have a trip booked for late Jan/early Feb 2022. Here’s hoping we’ll see some sort of offer soon!

It may not happen as reservations seem quite full but dreaming anyways! Who is waiting with me?

I noticed this morning that the room discount offer disappeared from the website overnight. In the past new offers often dropped on Tuesdays so I'll be looking tomorrow for sure! Will post here if I see anything.

I'm most definitely waiting with you (but you already knew that from the February thread LOL). I am hoping for a decent room discount for the public or Disney Visa cardholders. I'll take what I can get.

I've been struggling for months to find the rooms I want for the dates I need. Finally got the last one a few minutes ago. If a discount was released that could apply to any of them, I'd be thrilled!

I just found this thread and will be watching it for 2022 room discounts. We need more DVC points but alas can't swing it yet. We've never rented points, because I like the flexibility of a cash reservation. If there are no discounts I may have to try the DVC rental route.

Not a Disney specific discount but using gift cards to buy Disney tickets does help! Sam’s club has a $500 gift card for $450 offer coming thanksgiving/Black Friday. Probably stacks with one of those rotating categories on credit cards if there is a wholesale club one.

We have cars suite booked mid January hoping for maybe 15% coming soon. Most likely will not happen they have cheer comp. going on and will be at a capacity that doesn't warrent it.

Has anyone ever paid in full and then had a price drop? I'm wondering how that would work. I'm thinking if we don't see a discount next week I'm going to pay my balance and call it a day. I budgeted my trip with the price I got quoted so I don't need the discount, but I'm not going to turn one down. I may be a little 🤪, but not that much lol. The thing is I have a deadline to pay with my credit card. I applied "strategically" for the Disney Visa to pay off my balance in the first three months and get the $300 statement credit. Doing two trips next year and starting the first with $300 in credit is a nice chunk of bonus money. It made sense to get the card, but it does put me on a time limit to qualify for the offer.

I just noticed that the WDW site has listed an offer for Annual Passholders for stays Jan 4-April 8, 2022. Not sure how long this has been listed, and sorry if this is a duplicate post. Maybe something for non Annual Passholders will drop soon??? Fingers crossed!!

I just noticed that the WDW site has listed an offer for Annual Passholders for stays Jan 4-April 8, 2022. Not sure how long this has been listed, and sorry if this is a duplicate post. Maybe something for non Annual Passholders will drop soon??? Fingers crossed!!

This is for Aulani stays only, which totally sucks but maybe that means they are dropping WDW savings soon.

Has anyone ever paid in full and then had a price drop? I'm wondering how that would work. I'm thinking if we don't see a discount next week I'm going to pay my balance and call it a day. I budgeted my trip with the price I got quoted so I don't need the discount, but I'm not going to turn one down. I may be a little 🤪, but not that much lol. The thing is I have a deadline to pay with my credit card. I applied "strategically" for the Disney Visa to pay off my balance in the first three months and get the $300 statement credit. Doing two trips next year and starting the first with $300 in credit is a nice chunk of bonus money. It made sense to get the card, but it does put me on a time limit to qualify for the offer.
In the past, when a room booked at rack rate later qualified for a discount, I requested a refund for the difference. If there were a balance that would be due upon check-in, they would just apply the deposit overpayment to the final balance due. Again, this was for a room, only, booking.

In the past, when a room booked at rack rate later qualified for a discount, I requested a refund for the difference. If there were a balance that would be due upon check-in, they would just apply the deposit overpayment to the final balance due. Again, this was for a room, only, booking.

Thanks. I guess I'll just wait and see. Since there aren't any discounts showing up yet its still hypothetical.

Was hoping we might see something today as discounts traditionally drop on Mondays or Tuesdays but nope....still waiting and dreaming!

Was hoping we might see something today as discounts traditionally drop on Mondays or Tuesdays but nope....still waiting and dreaming!

You know its funny after you mentioned this it got me thinking.... there hasn't been much news at all about Parks. The big lead up to the 50th was all the energy for a while, but it fell at an awkward time, right in the middle of their fall festivities. There's new nighttime shows at MK and EP and food and beverage offerings. That isn't a lot to go on for something that's supposed to last 18 months. There's vague ideas of a couple of rides opening at some point next year. The Star Wars hotel to me is limited in its appeal. Between the price tag and the short stays you have to really be a fan to do that. After next week they'll slide into the holiday festivities. Come January they announced the Festival of the Arts return, but there's generally no incentives to make someone visit on a special occasion for 2022. When there's still scaled back offerings in the parks because of Covid, but you're trying to convince people its a special time to be there, it seems a little too quiet in terms of news and discounts. Usually in the lead up to Christmas they're promoting giving the gift of a trip as well and they usually tie in to discounts.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!