New Designated Smoking Area Question

allysetraskos

Allyse Grant
Just wondering for Magic Kingdom since today is the first day with new smoking area if anyone can confirm if you have to go through security again or not, just want to know what to plan for not a debate.
Thanks!!

Just wondering for Magic Kingdom since today is the first day with new smoking area if anyone can confirm if you have to go through security again or not, just want to know what to plan for not a debate.
Thanks!!

Disney food blog has an post showing the smoking area on the Animal Kingdom and Magic Kingdom maps.

Thanks!!
looks like it from the map..the magic kingdom one looks like it is right in the middle of all the busstops.. Now people really wont be able to avoid it. from what i can see on the maps the only one that is on the inside of security is animal kingdom..

Fyi, DHS section is next to the boat dock, so you would have to go back through security to come back inside

The new smoking areas are listed on the APP just search for smoking on it.

As a former smoker I am very unhappy having to walk through people smoking from the boat dock to Hollywood Studios. They need to do better. Animal Kingdom looks to be close to guest relations which is also not ideal. The International Gateway one is right before the skyway like in the grass? Very odd placement there.
I foresee changes until they get the placement right. Just like when they were in the parks.

The Magic Kingdom one is at the entrance to the pathway to Grand Floridian which is out of foot traffic which is good. The Epcot Future World location is to the far left of the entrance so thats nice and far away from foot traffic.

looks like it from the map..the magic kingdom one looks like it is right in the middle of all the busstops.. Now people really wont be able to avoid it. from what i can see on the maps the only one that is on the inside of security is animal kingdom..

It's beyond the bus stops. Easily avoided.

Ugh. So everyone riding the buses gets to walk through the nasty stank, anyway. Thanks Disney. :crazy2::sad2::rolleyes:

Wow great idea HORRIBLE execution. Now you just walk through smoke in a different and area and Disney can say its "not in the parks". Too bad if you want to eat at Rain Forest Cafe or take a bus a MK. Its like you're even more exposed now.

My first thought for AK was why couldn’t they put it across from there on the other side?

I didn’t like the idea of them being at all the entrances to the park. We’ll see how this works out.

And the MK one could have been just a bit more down past the busses by the beach?

Those are a lot further out than I was anticipating.

So glad we decided against WDW for this year based on this ban. The smoking areas are much further away. USO is happy to take our money and I'm not even the smoker, but everyone who was so happy about this ban may face some seriously smokey backlash. People are just going to smoke now and CMs won't do anything about it. And good lord, the foreign guests...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter