New D23 Expo Superthread! (6/24/2019)

theluckyrabbit

DIS Veteran
After a snafu with the old Superthread (repairs under investigation), here is a new, shiny Superthread. Post away, DISers!

We left off the last thread with folks possibly getting tickets from FedEx. Can't wait to see if/when they start arriving!

We left off the last thread with folks possibly getting tickets from FedEx. Can't wait to see if/when they start arriving!

Just in case anyone was wondering - the FedEx envelope came, and it did not contain anything D23 Expo related. :headache::sad::headache::sad:

Now the wait feels worse!

After a snafu with the old Superthread (repairs under investigation), here is a new, shiny Superthread. Post away, DISers!

Yay! Although I just saw the old thread and freaked out slightly.... "237 pages??? What did I miss???" Hee!

Re: Credentials mailing...I've heard June 20th as a rumored ship date, but if that were true we'd already be seeing them. Generally I watch social media because as soon as they start arriving, people put pictures of them up. I'm a bit impatient.

Just in case anyone was wondering - the FedEx envelope came, and it did not contain anything D23 Expo related. :headache::sad::headache::sad:

Now the wait feels worse!

noooo. Darn FedEx.

This is my first vacay all year (work has been a doozy), so my typical impatience has been amped up in the extreme

I just saw this and now Sunday is a bit more problematic. My sister is excited about the Parks panel, but I know when I tell her about the Little Mermaid panel, she will have to make a decision.
It’s like those having to decide between simpsons and the big movie panel.

It’s like those having to decide between simpsons and the big movie panel.

I feel like maybe the organizers are trying to offer a second option for those that do not want to line up overnight for the D23 Hall. Granted, I probably would not go the Simpsons panel even if I did not already plan to do the movie panel.

Oof - I know that's going to be a tough one - but for me Parks Panel is going to win out.

I will let my sister pick, but I have a feeling that she will pick Parks. She wants to see what announcements they make about Epcot.

I could not care less about The Simpsons, but I know that's going to pull people from other places, and will not jam up my schedule, so it's fine by me!

I will let my sister pick, but I have a feeling that she will pick Parks. She wants to see what announcements they make about Epcot.

Just something for you both to consider - the Parks Panel will be all over social media. People will share-share-share. The Little Mermaid panel may have more bang for your Expo buck - I've found the Hall D23 so large and over-shared that the smaller panels are more interesting/fun. YMMV, of course! ;)

I agree that some of the smaller panels are hidden gems. In 2017 a couple of our favorites were the Eat Like Walt and the Disney and Pixar in advertisements and commercials panels.

Marcy Smothers, author of “Eat Like Walt,” brought two of Diane Disney Miller’s daughters and John Lasseter along with her. It was a lively conversation about Walt, covering a topic that’s not addressed every day. In fact, it’s something I never even thought about until I saw the panel description in the expo guide. Well, I knew about the Scotch mists and chili, but that’s all.

Agree here too re the smaller panels. I enjoyed the Archives panels the most in 2017, attended most all of them. I also did the Lion King panel which was the same day, time and location as the Little Mermaid will be this year; really enjoyed Lion King so Little Mermaid will likely be on my schedule this year.

Phew I started panicking when I saw the other thread was locked for some reason and was fused with one talking about galaxys edge. Anyway glad it was remade. Im disappointed the fedex wasn't the tickets. I dont know if Im going to the parks panel or little mermaid either. When do you guys start planning itineraries? I feel like most things will be last minute until the schedule comes out. I feel somewhat excited because Im finally getting around to ordering my cosplay but at the same time its still around 2 months away which is far

For those who want to keep track of information in the old Expo Superthread: bookmark it! (Bookmark the any specific posts which you want to keep readily available.) That is the easiest way to keep it handy for now.

So. I know this has been discussed already, but... do you REALLY have to wake up and go get in line at 2 AM everyday if you want to get into the big Hall D23 presentations?? I mean. I don't have to be the closest person to the stage that's humanly possible, I'd like to be, but I by no means HAVE to be. I'm sure I'll be satisfied so long as I get in. That much I am certain of... I'll be saddened to be shut out but just be glad to have a spot inside.

Is 2 AM to go over to queue really the expectation for this? Would arriving around 5 AM be way too late already?? :/

So. I know this has been discussed already, but... do you REALLY have to wake up and go get in line at 2 AM everyday if you want to get into the big Hall D23 presentations?? I mean. I don't have to be the closest person to the stage that's humanly possible, I'd like to be, but I by no means HAVE to be. I'm sure I'll be satisfied so long as I get in. That much I am certain of... I'll be saddened to be shut out but just be glad to have a spot inside.

Is 2 AM to go over to queue really the expectation for this? Would arriving around 5 AM be way too late already?? :/
If you want to go to the movie presentation plan to camp overnight. I think they closed the line at 1 or 2am last time. For legends it’s recommended to arrive around 4am from years prior. Sunday is the gamble because we don’t know what they are going to allow since in years past they didn’t open the line to wait until 6am.

If you want to go to the movie presentation plan to camp overnight. I think they closed the line at 1 or 2am last time. For legends it’s recommended to arrive around 4am from years prior. Sunday is the gamble because we don’t know what they are going to allow since in years past they didn’t open the line to wait until 6am.

Interesting... so the “required" time varies slightly. Really? 4 AM for Legends... I figured that would be the earliest with the announcement of RDJ especially. Why would that line start later with the barrage of celebs that take occur in it?? You'd think you would have to line up earliest of all for that one.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts