New Castaway Club Benefits Announced

That's been changed. It now says:
Early Access to Select Port Arrival Times
Platinum members can embark the ship at their leisure after boarding begins; Gold members can select their preferred port arrival time upon completion of eDocuments.

Which is basically the same as it's always been.

Platinum was always able to board whenever they wanted? So they don't have to get a boarding number either?

Platinum was always able to board whenever they wanted? So they don't have to get a boarding number either?
When Platinum checks in online, for the Port Arrival page you get:
19 online check in port arrival time platinum.jpg

Then, when you check in at the port you get a boarding card with #1 on it.
boarding card 2016 1542 P1080836 1500.jpg

And you can board whenever you want.

Maybe I missed it but the exclusive booking opportunity for gold/platinum is a vgt on 7/22/17 Fantasy for $123/person + taxes, fees, port expenses??? Have to call dcl to book by 5/15. The price seems suspiciously low so maybe this isn't correct information.

Where did you see the price? Curious to know what you figure out.

Edited: What I read says "Taxes, Fees and Port Expenses of approximately $123 per person not included." Wondering if thats where your $123 came from?

Last edited:
Where did you see the price? Curious to know what you figure out.

Edited: What I read says "Taxes, Fees and Port Expenses of approximately $123 per person not included." Wondering if thats where your $123 came from?
Yes. Apparently I need to learn to read! Sorry about that. The savings is 20% off the current Vgt rate.

Is this new that they are offering these "opportunities" to Platinum and Gold first?

Looks like it. I've never known them to do this before. I suspect its a test to see how many people will bite at 20% off. Even discounted, the price is still sky high.

Yes it is :scared1:

Looks like it. I've never known them to do this before. I suspect its a test to see how many people will bite at 20% off. Even discounted, the price is still sky high.

I looked at it and VGT is 9054. and some change for the same itinerary I have already done twice this year for a heck of a lot less than that. :) Not going to go for that one. lol

This is the response I got after sending an e-mail about not having an onboard reception:

Hello April,

Thank you for your comments and thoughts related to the Castaway Club.

We regularly evaluate the program and make updates from time to time. Guest feedback plays an important part in these decisions. Please be assured that our Officers and Crew enjoy meeting Castaway Club Guests and will continue to do so throughout each and every sailing.

Thank you again for your comments. We are always evaluating our shipboard experiences and appreciate your feedback.

Best Regards,

Abi Love

Executive Guest Correspondent

Disney Cruise Line

What's even sadder to me is that all the cruises for next year that are 8 night or more with the exception of 1 are all European or Alaskan cruises. Only 1 is carribean and that is an 11 night............so sad.

I actually got the itinerary release e-mail from Disney for the first time ever today!! :yay:
First cruise back in 2000, this is the first time I've actually gotten the right timely e-mail. Hope it sticks.

Actually I believe its B2B followed by family of the day followed by concierge and then platinum. Lol. :D
yup this is correct

side question - you can link two different staterooms even if they aren't adjoining right? I want my parents to be able to board with us because we're gold but I don't want to have them in an adjoining stateroom

yup this is correct

side question - you can link two different staterooms even if they aren't adjoining right? I want my parents to be able to board with us because we're gold but I don't want to have them in an adjoining stateroom
Boarding is done by boarding number. Each reservation selects Port Arrival Time during the online check in process. As long as both of your reservations have the same PAT, you should get the same boarding number (or pretty close).

You may link any two reservations regardless of where the rooms are located on the ship (actually I believe you can link up to 4 reservations without it causing issues in booking activities). However, just because your reservations are linked does not mean your Castaway Club status applies to the other reservations. It is the highest Castaway Club level in the stateroom that applies. So you may be able to check in earlier than your parents and get an earlier PAT. However, you will not be able to check your parents in until their booking window opens and hope that the same PAT is available. As PrincessShmoo said, boarding is done by boarding number which is tied to your PAT. DCL asks that if you have different boarding group numbers and want to board together you do so when the later # is called.

You may link any two reservations regardless of where the rooms are located on the ship (actually I believe you can link up to 4 reservations without it causing issues in booking activities). However, just because your reservations are linked does not mean your Castaway Club status applies to the other reservations. It is the highest Castaway Club level in the stateroom that applies. So you may be able to check in earlier than your parents and get an earlier PAT. However, you will not be able to check your parents in until their booking window opens and hope that the same PAT is available. As PrincessShmoo said, boarding is done by boarding number which is tied to your PAT. DCL asks that if you have different boarding group numbers and want to board together you do so when the later # is called.
I forgot, what time do they start boarding the ship?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter