New California DVC timeline

KrzyKtty101

Mouseketeer
I've been batting around the idea of buying a DVC membership for a couple of years now. However, Riviera just is not one I am really interested in. However, I am really interested in the new one at Disneyland. We went there for the 1st time this Christmas and loved it. Does anybody have an estimate for when they might start selling for this new resort.

Here is a thread that discusses this proposed resort:

https://www.disboards.com/threads/new-dvc-coming-to-disneyland.3780061/
DVC is building out Reflections (which is a much larger scale construction yes) which is taking them about 2.5-3 years in total. Riviera took about 2 years. So I would suspect that we are looking at around 2 years of construction once it starts. Though before construction can start many steps need to be completed. Mostly related to the approval by the Anaheim government, which would need to change the laws governing the Disneyland Resort area which specifically limits the number of Timeshare units in the area.

I would hope that DVC put this forward as proposed knowing that Anaheim would approve it, though a previous new cash resort was to be built but was canceled after all approvals were in place do to some disagreements on tax incentives (not being pursued here, likely cause DVC owners are paying the taxes to DVC doesn't need it themselves).

With all this said I suspect 2023-2025 opening date if approved.

Great. Gives me a lot of time to save up lol. I am also intrested in Reflections, but I was thinking it may be a better idea to buy into California since DVC availability there is more limited.

I thought that it was determined the proposed timeshare to be built wasn’t in fact a DVC resort and was being put in by another company.

I thought that it was determined the proposed timeshare to be built wasn’t in fact a DVC resort and was being put in by another company.
No, the permit that was approved that all the blogs were referencing was a different company. However, DVC has released on a number of occasions they have submitted documents to Anaheim to get approval for a resort at the Disneyland hotel; I believe one time was at the annual meeting too. It was all super confusing with many news outlets and blogs not even correcting themselves.

No, the permit that was approved that all the blogs were referencing was a different company. However, DVC has released on a number of occasions they have submitted documents to Anaheim to get approval for a resort at the Disneyland hotel; I believe one time was at the annual meeting too. It was all super confusing with many news outlets and blogs not even correcting themselves.

Ah. That is confusing. So they are trying to build another DVC at Disneyland?

Ah. That is confusing. So they are trying to build another DVC at Disneyland?
Yeah in the southwest corner of the Disneyland Hotel property. It’s supposed to be fairly larger with 350 rooms and 12 stories. I’m thinking it’s going to be more BLT style though the views are going to be shocking to all the WDW DVC (and WDW exclusive guests) owners that will be jumping to buy.

https://www.ocregister.com/disneyla...2-story-disney-vacation-club-time-share-tower

Yeah in the southwest corner of the Disneyland Hotel property. It’s supposed to be fairly larger with 350 rooms and 12 stories. I’m thinking it’s going to be more BLT style though the views are going to be shocking to all the WDW DVC (and WDW exclusive guests) owners that will be jumping to buy.

https://www.ocregister.com/disneyla...2-story-disney-vacation-club-time-share-tower

I’m so glad I already have my VGC points to help reduce the desire to buy. We feel very comfortable with the number of points we currently own. I’m sure the new resort will be beautiful, but that location of VGC is tough to compete with. Also, I bought my VGC for $165pp loaded. I can’t imagine a new resort will come close to that number. I’m thinking it’ll be well over $200pp by 2022 or beyond.

I’m so glad I already have my VGC points to help reduce the desire to buy. We feel very comfortable with the number of points we currently own. I’m sure the new resort will be beautiful, but that location of VGC is tough to compete with. Also, I bought my VGC for $165pp loaded. I can’t imagine a new resort will come close to that number. I’m thinking it’ll be well over $200pp by 2022 or beyond.
Wish we did. I feel like hitting myself for not buying 10 years ago.

Wish we did. I feel like hitting myself for not buying 10 years ago.
At least resale for vgc will always be cheaper than vgc direct and likely to be comparable with the new resort once it goes on sale. I wish I could have bought earlier too but recently got a small resale contract at vgc.

At least resale for vgc will always be cheaper than vgc direct and likely to be comparable with the new resort once it goes on sale. I wish I could have bought earlier too but recently got a small resale contract at vgc.
I figured that one would be rare on resale?

Any news on what other timeshare resort this will be? 2 new resorts at DL with one being DVC?

Last edited:
Any news on what other timeshare resort this will be? 2 new resorts at DL with one being DVC?
Not sure what your asking. They are both DVC. The villas at the grand californian are already there and they are building a new DVC tower at the Disneyland resort

The article quoted above says “CORRECTION: This permit is not related to a Disney Vacation Club property”. This would lead one to believe that there is a separate, non DVC property, also going into Anaheim.

quick summary

resort complete 3/23 which likely means sales starting in the 10-12/22 ranges

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter