New Buc-ee's on RT 95 around St Augustine area - RV friendly ?

I bet you all fall for those three-day old corn dogs turning over and over again in the gas station deli section too.
First you're bad mouthing beaver nuggets and now you speak ill about roller meat?!

I'll eat a $50 steak or a tornado off the roller at a gas station and be pretty dang content either way...not a picky guy. A while back I had an office near a gas station and when I'd forget my lunch I'd call up an office mate and we'd go on a "roller date" at the gas station.

The rodent's nugs would probably taste better if they were fried in the Bucc-ees ale instead of the other ways around.

I bet you all fall for those three-day old corn dogs turning over and over again in the gas station deli section too.

Bama Ed

PS - <jk> I know the rednecks from Mississippi like chicken on a stick from gas stations (or something like that). It's considered a local delicacy.....

https://www.onlyinyourstate.com/mississippi/chicken-on-a-stick-at-ms-gas-station-is-a-must-try/

"food-centric city of Oxford"

Only thing that place is famous for...

We in Texas love our Bus-ee's! They have the cleanest rest rooms ever! The food is wonderful. They have good gas & diesel prices. I use the Bus-ee's in Bastrop & yes they are always busy. The only thing that upsets me - people fill up their vehicles then go inside to shop. You need to move your vehicles to the parking area, which here in Texas, are a lot. I am glad But-ee's are spreading their wings. They have all kinds of neat things to buy.

*cough* THIS Texan has made it a game to find "Buc-ees Alternatives" after one terrible spring break weekend where the line for the (amazing) bathrooms was out the door and I had two very small children that really had to pee. We went to the Shell across the freeway and walked right in.
There are a few we still visit (and we avoid the one in Bastrop haha) but sometimes it is just too busy.

The next time you are on I10 heading between San Antonio and Houston, it is SO MUCH BETTER to stop at Praesek's . MMMM. While it makes me miss out on Bucee's fresh chips, my kids prefer the jerky and ambiance there. We found them by accident as I thought the next exit was for the new Kathy's and we were pleasantly surprised.

The first time I went to a Buc'ees was the original...it was just a gas station, no fancier than 711 ;)

Well, stopped at Buc-ees on route to the fort today . Absolute madhouse ! Nowhere to park , forget it if you have an RV . Many RVs just wound up parking at pumps ...... which is not really helping . Can’t believe they wouldn’t design some RV parking spots into the layout . I lost count of all the rvs wandering around the VERY crowded parking lot looking for anything . I was able to find something off to the side . Not sure if it is worth another stop . Got some brisket, beer and beaver nuggets . Craziness at its best !
Oh yea , at the fort now . Made it from PA with no issues , overnighted in Cracker Barrel on rt 26 in SC . It was packed with rvs !

Spring break time, everywhere is packed right now. I usually prefer to spend spring break closer to home. Especially on weekend, on that busy strip.

Glad you made it in okay. Post some on your stay.

Buc-ee's has been an RV magnet for quite a few years in TX.

We often stop there for gas and a snack. They lure you in with low priced gas and ice, but the food calls to you, and before you know it, you've dropped over $100.

We often stop in Luling on our way to the hill country. There is a section in the back 40 of the parking lot that calls to our fellow RV tribespeople; we can get in and out of that section more easily. And we like the RV parking along the further curbs. Sometimes, we park on their parking curbs and eat our lunch if it isn't summer.

1) W are driving to St Aug in two weeks for a weekend jaunt.
2) Want to see the Buc-EEs, there are now three in Florida.
3) We visited the "Iowa I-80" Truck Stop several times per year.
. . . I ran a Freightliner plant in Iowa
. . . we drove "test fleet vehicles" there for service and fuel
. . . this place is hugely RV-friendly
4) They claim to be the largest truck stop in the world.
5) Want to compare the two.
6) Besides gas and food, on-site they have
. . . chiropractor
. . . dentist
. . . barber
. . . movie theater
. . . doggy (pet) wash station & pet sitters
. . . laundry and dry cleaner
. . . library
. . . gym/workout room
. . . full repair garage and body-shop
7) Truck Driver related:
. . . 900 truck parking spots
. . . over 18,200,000 eggs served yearly
. . . over 55 miles of toilet paper used monthly
. . . any chrome accessory (30,000 sqft showroom)
. . . over 225 acres
. . . several FREE truck jamborees per year

NOTE:
. . . it has to be great to attract more than 5,000 trucks/day
. . . the I-80 Truck Stop is ultra-clean and spotless
. . . it has a buffet that keeps the FULL menu 24/7
. . . it also has several fast-food chain restaurants inside

I think you will find, Rusty, that the St. Augustine Bucc-ees has a ways to go on #6+.

They have sampling of some of those but not enougth to meet demand.

I'm hoping to hear better things from the Daytona location.

Ed

Thought I would post this here. If it was mentioned elsewhere sorry.

Bucc-ee’s is opening a new location on l-95 exit 170 in Florence SC. It will open 2022 from the news article. I seen the billboards for it as I passed through in the middle of the night.

Thought I would post this here. If it was mentioned elsewhere sorry.

Bucc-ee’s is opening a new location on l-95 exit 170 in Florence SC. It will open 2022 from the news article. I seen the billboards for it as I passed through in the middle of the night.
I'll have to keep an eye on that. Florence is one of my typical places to stop for gas.

I'll likewise need to check it when we go down in December. The Pilot/ Flying J at SC exit 170 has 2 RV Lanes for fueling that makes things easy so we have taken to stopping there

We have boondocked several times overnight at the Buc-ee’s on I-10 in AL, (exit 49). The first time we stopped there I went in to ask just because I saw several rigs bedded down for the night over to the side. The clerk said we were welcome to stay and now it’s our stopover from LA to WDW. Security is always there, the parking lot is lit and the store is open 24 hours. May help we always drop at least $100 each time. Love the Buc-ee’s coffee and we always buy extra to give to everyone! Now they request cans of coffee.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter