New Board Features

I don't think I saw an answer to this and when I try to search I get threads that are really old. I have tried to resize a picture for an avatar until it was a tiny dot and I keep getting the message that it is too large. Can someone please send a link to help me figure this out? Thanks.

This thread is about posting pictures but includes some discussion about re-sizing as well. It might be helpful.
http://www.disboards.com/threads/you-can-now-upload-a-picture-directly-in-to-your-post.3376079/

That just started happening to me maybe in the past half-hour. If you persevere and keep trying it will eventually post -- I'm finding usually on my second try. I assume they are doing something "behind-the-scenes" that only letting so much traffic through at a time.

Thanks!

I tried to change the color scheme, but the only place I saw any difference was here on the tech support board. No changes on any of the other boards I frequent. And there really wasn't that much difference. I selected Dark theme (or scheme, can't recall), and it just made the borders and heading areas here dark. The list where the threads are is still white.

And, while I'm complaining, I think the "difference" between a thread that I've read everything on versus a thread that has new posts is so minimal that's it's hard to see. On the old board, a thread that I've read all the posts on would show up as red, while a thread with new posts was blue. Much easier to see.

I miss have a "forum jump" option.

Another difference I don't like: On the old board you had the option of "view last post" on a thread even when you weren't signed in. Sometimes I just like to check in on threads that I'm following, and not have to sign in.

I miss have a "forum jump" option.
Navigate to a particular forum? It's there. Down at the bottom, (and top) the 'Nor-easter' pointing arrow.

upload_2015-2-3_14-36-2.png

Another difference I don't like: On the old board you had the option of "view last post" on a thread even when you weren't signed in. Sometimes I just like to check in on threads that I'm following, and not have to sign in.
So I used to do that all the time, too. It took me to the last page of a thread. I've been hovering, and clicking the last page number to get the same effect. Does that not work for you?

Navigate to a particular forum? It's there. Down at the bottom, (and top) the 'Nor-easter' pointing arrow.

View attachment 666

So I used to do that all the time, too. It took me to the last page of a thread. I've been hovering, and clicking the last page number to get the same effect. Does that not work for you?

Thanks for the quick navigation direction.

No, on the old board, when you weren't signed in and were on the main page of the forum, over in the column labeled "Last Post" when you went to a specific thread, next to the last poster's name in that column was button that took you to the last post on the thread. I know how to go to the last page.

AAh, Ok, i guess I never did that one. I just poked around at the tail end of threads :magnify:

Click on the timestamp shown as the second line of the 'Last Message' column, that will display the latest post.

upload_2015-2-3_22-44-48.png

Andre

Only if you're signed in. The "view last post" on the old boards was always available, whether you were signed in or not.

That's true, how strange as there's no earthly reason I can think of for that functionality to be any different for guest users.

Oh well, don't be a stranger and stay signed in then! :)

Andre

OK, on to the next question. Is there a limit on conversations in my inbox, like on the old boards? Do I need to keep it "cleaned up"?

BTW, I see that we now have a multi-quote option again!

Last edited:
How do I find the threads I have posted in? It used to be I could click on my name and click on user activity and you could click on either posts by user or threads started by user. Now when I click on my name I see a tab that says recent activity, but when I click on it says nothing. I like to go back to old threads sometimes for information people gave me about trip tips etc. Thanks!

How do I find the threads I have posted in? It used to be I could click on my name and click on user activity and you could click on either posts by user or threads started by user. Now when I click on my name I see a tab that says recent activity, but when I click on it says nothing. I like to go back to old threads sometimes for information people gave me about trip tips etc. Thanks!

When you hover over your name in the upper right, a menu should pop up. Go to Personal Details (most will probably work), then you should see the relatively familiar menu on the left side. Click on "Watched Threads"

FYI, the "watched thread" system has problems. I'm not getting email notifications for most (even though it is specified), nor am I getting "Alerts", except for the thread about "Why am I no longer getting email notifications?", oddly enough.

I tried to change the color scheme, but the only place I saw any difference was here on the tech support board. No changes on any of the other boards I frequent. And there really wasn't that much difference. I selected Dark theme (or scheme, can't recall), and it just made the borders and heading areas here dark. The list where the threads are is still white.

For any forums with their "own" color scheme (such as the Cruise Line Forum) -- that scheme will over-ride what you selected. The Dark Scheme has been tweaked several times in the past few days as those with visual challenges make requests. Not sure if any of the color schemes are really finalized or might adjust more.

... And, while I'm complaining, I think the "difference" between a thread that I've read everything on versus a thread that has new posts is so minimal that's it's hard to see. On the old board, a thread that I've read all the posts on would show up as red, while a thread with new posts was blue. Much easier to see. ...

There is a little blue dot (someone told me it's a smilie wearing glasses?) to the far left of new threads/threads with new posts. Threads with new posts are bolded, threads you have read are unbold. Unfortunately, the change-over did not "remember" what you had read last week, so all threads are initially showing bolded. My suggestion is to use the "Mark Forums Read" and select "All" before you log-out today. The next time you log-in you should notice the bold/unbold better.

... I miss have a "forum jump" option. ...

I never used forum jump previously, but as PP pointed out you can use the navigation button to move to a specific forum. Another option is to "Watch Forums" and it will give you a condensed list of your favorite forums rather than scrolling through the larger list on the home or forum pages.

... Another difference I don't like: On the old board you had the option of "view last post" on a thread even when you weren't signed in. Sometimes I just like to check in on threads that I'm following, and not have to sign in.

You should automatically jump to the first unread post in any thread you have previously viewed. I don't know if this works when you aren't logged in.

OK, on to the next question. Is there a limit on conversations in my inbox, like on the old boards? Do I need to keep it "cleaned up"?

I'm sure there is, but I don't know it at the moment. Note that all old PMs carried over from the old boards are listed individually. When you delete one, you only delete that one. Any new ones are consolidated into "conversations" and read like a thread (or similar to an email trail). When you delete it, the whole conversation goes; but you do have the option to continue to receive responses and that will bring the whole thread back to your conversation list not just the newest reply.

Watched threads might be things you've posted in (if you have set it to watch everything you post in) and it might also include threads you've never posted in.

Here's just what you've posted in: access your profile from clicking on your avatar or up top on your Name>Your profile page
Then click Postings.
upload_2015-2-4_8-47-12.png

Down at the bottom of that list are two additional posts:
upload_2015-2-4_8-48-54.png

I don't know if you notice, but in the first picture there you can see that in my own profile I set my status to be a link that I want to get to all the time.
It's been useful so far! I click my picture anywhere I see it and get to that link. (All watched threads).

Here's another thought, we used to be able to see "location" on users (if they opted to post that info in their profile). It's helpful when answering questions sometimes to know where the questioner is located.

Can this be added?

Here's another thought, we used to be able to see "location" on users (if they opted to post that info in their profile). It's helpful when answering questions sometimes to know where the questioner is located.

Can this be added?

If you click on the poster's avatar, a box pops up with user info. I can see you are from SoCal and you've received 10 Likes. You can also link from there to the users profile page.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter