Nemo Subs - Best Time To Ride

jhaig

Not The First To Pass This Way
Since the Nemo Subs don't have FP, should they be a morning priority to ride, or should we wait until a parade or fireworks?

I've been thinking about this too. We rarely take the time to ride since it doesn't have FP and the line seems so long when we get around to it. For our next trip, I want to have a plan to ride. It's not open during magic morning is it? Maybe it would go well at the end of that hour?

Overall, my thoughts are to go earlier in the day instead of 4 hours into the day.

Never! But if you must, early in the morning or late at night. Otherwise the line is awful.

We hit it about an hour and a half after park opening. The first 90 minutes is for things that are the most busy, then submarines immediately after those.

The only time I managed to ride this was late in the evening. For me its a one and done ride, the wait is always way too long

+1 on never. the line is unbearably slow and it's so stifling in the subs. but early if you have to.

We don't really HAVE to ride it, but since it's our first trip we are gonna try it and see what happens. I just wasn't sure if first things in the morning was best or not. Not sure if I want to spend that much time at park opening for one ride.

WE usually wait until evening. Hopefully less crowded. Don't think it is a wise use of my morning hours to wait for this slow loading ride.

I would NOT go in the morning. A few weeks ago, we hit a short line during the parade at night......try then.

Never waste valuable morning time on Nemo. We rarely ride it, but if we do, we jump in line 5 minutes before closing. That way, you don't waste any time waiting in line that you could be on some other ride. They will always let you ride it if you are in line before closing time.

Never waste valuable morning time on Nemo. We rarely ride it, but if we do, we jump in line 5 minutes before closing. That way, you don't waste any time waiting in line that you could be on some other ride. They will always let you ride it if you are in line before closing time.

This may be the way to go...

I guess we are the minority on this one. The Nemo subs are a must do for us, especially since they tore the 20,000 Leagues under the Sea ride out at WDW, instead of turning it into Nemo. It is about a 13 minute ride, so it does take some time, but we do it in the morning because it does not have fast pass. We have never had trouble getting FP for Star Tours, SM, Splash and Indiana Jones all in one day- even though we are usually at DLR in June or July. Nemo seems to have a long line all day long. In the morning- we head for Peter Pan first, and then go to Nemo- usually stopping at Alice on the way. I think the longest we have waited is 20 minutes and usually it is 10 or 15. I've never noticed it as hot or stifling, but maybe that is because we go first thing In the morning before the weather heats up and people have been in them all day. That line seems to be 45 minutes to an hour (and occasionally more) every time we have checked for the rest of the day. If we don't ride it early in the morning, we usually don't ride it at all. As far as waiting until right before closing- in June and July DL closes at midnight-- which if you want to be in the parks at 7:00 a.m. the next morning for an early morning- or started your day at 7:00 a.m. that day- might be a little rough. We find the first couple hours in the morning less crowded than the last couple of hours at night, so while we stay in the parks late, we usually head out between 10:30 and 11:30 p.m. to get showered and some sleep to get another early start.

Agree with some other advice here ... the line can be long and unpredictable about how much time it will take, loading and unloading is slow.
please do not spend your precious morning time on this.
the lighter morning traffic should allow you to do multiple rides in the time it would take you to load, ride and unload from Nemo.

I'm not saying don't ride it ... just not in the morning. if you are interested, perhaps watch the app and see if there are any low wait times?

Absolutely in the morning for Nemo. We thought we'd beat the crowds the first time we rode it and went in the evening. HUGE mistake. The air in these things are stifling enough, and when you add a days' worth of sweat, hot breath, and old diapers, it's enough to make you queasy. We literally went home afterwards because we felt nauseous.

Furthermore, much of what you see in this ride is through a porthole into a pool. When it's dark outside, you seriously lose so much visually because the light underwater only can illuminate so much.

So in my opinion, you want to ride Nemo, it is absolutely worth "precious morning hours."

I would ride if I was on the first sub in the morning immediately after Disneyland opens. I would not do it 10 minutes after rope drop. Only the first minute on a non Disney magic morning day.

I haven't been to DLR for a couple years now. But we thought the late evening was a good time to ride this one. It does load slow, and its a longer ride. I would not spend morning touring time on this ride.

I have yet to find a good time to ride this where there hasn't been a long wait. I've ridden this ride a bunch of times and it's always been a good 45 minute wait. If someone had a magical suggestion that would be awesome. I do like this ride tho. I wish it had a FP as I would probably use it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter