Need your bugeting help...

grover

DIS Veteran
Hi there, I am trying to figure out our food budget perhaps you all can help! I can't for the life of me remember what we spent on our last trip for meals.

Here are the details.

It will be mysefl, dh and ds (who will be 10). ds is eating like a horse right now but that may change-seems to vary!

We will be on vacation from Nov 6 to the 18th.

Will have two character breakfasts-chef mickey's and 1900 park fare- and a buffet dinner at hollywood and vine.

I plan on 10 in room breakkies, 1 counter service breakkie

2 snack type /light lunches, 9 counter service lunches,

2 evening snack/light suppers, 9 counter service suppers.

We all like to eat our own meal-not really into sharing.
Most times will have water with meal instead of pop unless it comes with a combo.
Will also be doing a grocery stop for the inroom breakfasts, water, and snacks for the evening-we like to munch! S
o what do you all figure I should budget in CANADIAN DOLLARS for food??
I was thinking about 1200.00 canadian-what do you think?
Grover in Winnipeg
:cool:

Prices in Disney not that great when we were there in April, ie: water $2.50US, pop $3.00Us I would say $1200 US dollars :p

We've budgeted $1400 CAD for our 10 days in WDW in July for 2 adults & DD (14)...and that includes 9 Priority Seatings (Chef Mickey's, RFK in AK, 'Ohanas, CRT, San Angel Inn, Kona Cafe, Hollywood & Vine, Crystal Palace & 1900 Park Fare) plus the Poly Luau. I am basing it on our trip last year so I'm pretty confident about our amount (we'll also be eating most breakfasts in our room - we're bringing our plug-in cooler).

I think you'll probably be OK with $1200 CAD if you're only doing the 3 PS. If you want more detailed amounts, PM me...I have everything we spent last year on a spread sheet & I'd be more than happy to give you some examples.

I bought the Orlando Entertainment book so that we can use two for ones much of the time. I figure that with parks closing early as off season we can just have a late dinner someplace close by. Hoping to save some $$ that way.

Well it looks like I will be right on track budgeting 1200 Canadian for food-thanks for your help Lisa! We will probably even have $$$ to spare! I refuse to buy one bottle of water in the parks-what a rip off!! Perhaps we can do a extra character meal or two!
Thanks
Grover in Winnipeg
:D

We had LOTS of character meals! We ate rather well and I came in $50 under food budget! We are dh, dd(8), ds(2) [ate free lots of time] and me! Our total food budget including groceries at Goodings was $800 CDN for 10 nights/11 days. We made it in about $750 CDN. I think that's really good. I didn't bring too much food from home, didn't want to cart it around the airport. I went to www.wdwig.com menus section and plotted out the restaurants we would likely be eating in and guessed at what everyone would order. We ended up spending more at Goodings, but less at restaurants. All this included: Cindrella's Royal Table, Crystal Palace, Garden Grill Ice Cream Social, Ohana Char breakky, Donald's Breakfastosaurus and three times EATING AROUND THE WORLD at Epcot! We had 3 char breakkies, but eat the rest of the breakkies in room, I think I bought danish and cinnamon rolls at Pepper Market 2 or 3 mornings too. Lunch was usually a snack or counter service. Dinner seemed to be the biggest meal except the day we went to Trails End Buffet (WDW best buffet deal for lunch). I think we came under budget because we cancelled one char breakky to rest up. Also, we got one char breakky free with the CDN 7 DHP. S

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter