Need stay recommendation- our plan fell through

lilou

Earning My Ears
So, we originally were going to stay at the Wyndham Bonnet Creek, but without going into details, that plan fell through.

Now we are looking at alternative locations off property.

Can you make a recommendation for us?

- We would like a two bedroom (or one if we have to) suite. Must have separate sleeping area. We have a 1 year old and a 5 year old.
- We'd like a somewhat "fun" pool experience.
- Free parking on site would be a plus
- We don't need free breakfast or anything.
- We'd like to be within 3 miles of WDW.
- I'd appreciate having a washer/dryer in the room.
- We like the resort/hotel feeling and don't want to be too isolated in townhouses or the such.
- Our budget is somewhat flexible, but we'd like to spend no more than $120 a night (if this is possible), yet we'd like to have most upscale experience we can for this price.

Anyone out there have ideas? Thank you!

Lots of other good resorts in the area that can be had at the price point you mention (depending on time of year - probably not on a major holiday). Sheraton Vistana Resort is our home base and meets all of your requirements handily. (I assume you mean 3 miles of the edge of WDW property? I'm pretty sure the drive from the edge of property to WDW parking is more than 3 miles.)

Others to look at would include any of the major chain resorts in the area. The Hilton Grand Vacation Clubs are great (2 of the 3 are pretty close to WDW).

Orange Lake Country Club (run by Holiday Inn) is a nice resort on the other side of Disney with a short cut route to AK that is very quick. It is a huge resort, and has a couple of lazy rivers and several pools.

I'm sure you'll find something that meets your needs.

Lots of other good resorts in the area that can be had at the price point you mention (depending on time of year - probably not on a major holiday). Sheraton Vistana Resort is our home base and meets all of your requirements handily. (I assume you mean 3 miles of the edge of WDW property? I'm pretty sure the drive from the edge of property to WDW parking is more than 3 miles.)

Others to look at would include any of the major chain resorts in the area. The Hilton Grand Vacation Clubs are great (2 of the 3 are pretty close to WDW).

Orange Lake Country Club (run by Holiday Inn) is a nice resort on the other side of Disney with a short cut route to AK that is very quick. It is a huge resort, and has a couple of lazy rivers and several pools.

I'm sure you'll find something that meets your needs.

I was going to suggest Orange Lake and Vistana as well. Vistana is further away though. As you said, Orange Lake is very near Animal Kingdom. We stay at Westgate Vacation Villas often. We just don't answer the room phone as they try to get you to do sales spiel but the condos are gorgeous and there is a lot to do there. It is a bit closer to AK than Orange Lake. Any Marriott property's are wonderful too. We stayed at Marriott Harbour Lake which would be great for your children. Amazing water play area for the little ones but it is closer to Sea World than WDW.

Good luck.

Based on your recommendations, some of these look quite nice. But the prices are $$$$.

Marriott Harbour Lake is almost $300 a night for a two bedroom, and $200 for a one bedroom.

I found high rates for Sheraton Vistana Resort too which looked wonderful as well.

Orange Lake Country Club looked to be in our price range.

We're planning a trip in mid-may. Thanks so much for the ideas.

Do you have any experiences with:

Floridays?

Lake Buena Vista Resort Village & Spa, a Sky Hotel & Resort?

Courtyard by Marriott Lake Buena Vista at Vista Centre?

Liki Tiki Village?

Thank you (again)

How about the Caribe Royale? A friend stayed there earlier this year and loved it for its location, spacious suites, and price.

We have booked the Hilton Parc Soleil for March 2012. The reviews for this place are really good. It seems to fit all your criteria (love the ensuite washer/dryer), EXCEPT for the 2-bedroom criteria. They have only 1-bedroom+sofabed and studios. For a 2-bedroom configuration, they give you a 1-bed+studio, and that may not work for you.

How about the Caribe Royale? A friend stayed there earlier this year and loved it for its location, spacious suites, and price.

We have booked the Hilton Parc Soleil for March 2012. The reviews for this place are really good. It seems to fit all your criteria (love the ensuite washer/dryer), EXCEPT for the 2-bedroom criteria. They have only 1-bedroom+sofabed and studios. For a 2-bedroom configuration, they give you a 1-bed+studio, and that may not work for you.

Yes, and yes... those look great, but are over my $120 per night budget.

Hilton Parc Soleil was $200/night

Caribe Royale was $200/night too... maybe I'm looking in the wrong places for hotels?? everything is more than we can afford.

I'm sorry to hear that the price was out of your range. I recommended them because I've seen those 2 in the $100-$120 price range during various times of the year. I don't know what your dates are though.

Did you try looking for hotels on Expedia.com? They sometimes have good deals for my 2 recommendations.

Also look at Travelzoo.com. They sometimes show some good deals.

Also this month's Mousesavers newsletter had a good deal with Buena Vista Suites.

For us, we booked the Hilton Parc Soleil using our credit card points. I love the fact this new hotel has hard wood flooring, a full kitchen and ensuite laundry in our 1-bedroom suite. Also love it for its free parking, free WIFI and what looks like a fun pool area.

Just PM'ed you with info on the Mousesavers' Buena Vista Suites special.

Thanks... I'm leaning torward Floriday's based on reviews and what is has going for it.

I'll check out travelzoo... missed that site. ;-)

btw- mid May 2012

Courtyard by Marriott would be a good choice. However, you usually have a single room and the washer/dryer would not be in your room. Depending on the season, it might be higher than your price point.

I think Sheraton Vistana would be closer to what you are looking for. The Marriott Vacation Clubs would be more expensive, though high quality.

We stayed at Caribe this year before we checked into Port Orleans and we loved it!!! One mile from Disney and a great pool with waterslide. We got a special mousesavers rate. They also offer " one day sales" every Wednesday. Good luck!

We just stayed at Orange Lake - East Village, 2 bedroom. Very nice resort, very close to Animal Kingdom. They also have a lazy river in the West Village (not far from East). I would suggest either the East or West Village there. You will not be disappointed. We were also pleased by the price of the restaurants on site even though we did not eat there much.
Separate sleeping areas, washer/dryer and full kitchen in the suite...very spacious.
Barb

We just stayed at Orange Lake - East Village, 2 bedroom. Very nice resort, very close to Animal Kingdom. They also have a lazy river in the West Village (not far from East). I would suggest either the East or West Village there. You will not be disappointed. We were also pleased by the price of the restaurants on site even though we did not eat there much.
Separate sleeping areas, washer/dryer and full kitchen in the suite...very spacious.
Barb

I was also going to suggest Orange Lake as another alternative.

Using the friends and family link, your price for a 2 BR unit would be @ $113 per night.

Here is the link to the thread for the Friends and Family discount - go to the last page of the thread, post #246 and hit "click for friends and family discount" shown in blue at the bottom of the post:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2270021

Stay with a name brand to ensure high quality (Marriott, Hilton, Sheraton) if possible. I also second the Marriott harbor lake suggestion. Look at ebay, many owners put their rentals up there when they can't go and you can get a good price.

Good luck

We really like Floridays. We have it booked for next year, although we're exploring other off site.

The TripAdvisor reviews on Floridays seemed fair to us. The staff is unbelievably accomodating and service oriented. If you're AAA, you can probably get a 2BR for $135 a night (plus resort and taxes, so you're still around $160). But we we're so pleased.

These are condos and not timeshares, so you don't get bugged by sales reps like you do at other places like BC or Harbor Lake.

Marriott Harbor Lake is good too. I like Floriday's better, but the Harbor Lake is a good bang for the buck as well and if you shop it, you should be able to get it as low as $100 - $125 a night.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter