Need opinions

hydster

<font color=teal>Self Proclaimed <font color=green
My husband and I along with our 3 kids and his parents have booked the Disney Wonder for the 26th of December until the 2nd of January. I read that this is the single most busy week of the entire year. Has anyone EVER cruised this date between Christmas and New Years? Was it as terrible as I think it is going to be??? We have been spoiled at Disneyland because we usually go in September and it is virtually empty! I dont want to hit Disneyworld for our first time and only get to see 1/2 of it. We are thinking about switching to the week before Thanksgiving. The price on Disney's website is 2000.00 dollars LESS if we go before Thanksgiving which is another tempting reason to change Does anyone have ANY opinions on the best time to go??? We cant be gone over Thanksgiving (too many family problems if we are) and we DONT want to be gone over Christmas! We also CANNOT travel in the month of October or the 1st week of November due to husband's job requirements! Anyone have any opinions on the best weeks other than those I just mentioned?
ANY information or thoughts would be appreciated!
THANKS!
Heidi

Hello. As far as the cruise goes, I can see it being busy since all kids are on break. As far as the hotels and WDW go, November - December is not a typically busy time for us. I work at one of the largest hotels next to WDW, and I know we aren't busy at that time. Always go to WDW this time of year, because is not "normally" crowded.

Just my opinion. :) Michele

The great thing about the ship is that it is built to handle a capacity crowd, so it won't really bother you. The only things to watch out for are getting in line for your Palo and spa reservations early and getting to the shows/beach on Castaway Cay early to have the best choice of spots. Other than that, you will not notice any impact on your enjoyment. I personally prefer to sail with a full ship rather than an empty one. We were once on a fairly empty cruise, and it felt so lonely with the diningroom and shows half-deserted. On the other hand, I thrive on the energy of a crowd.
I am just the opposite at WDW...I HATE dealing with crowds there!! Too much waiting.
Barb
Visit the Platinum Castaway Club at: www.castawayclub.com

We changed our trip and I am SO glad that we did! We saved almost 5000.00 by changing to the week of the 14th of November! I cant believe how much more expensive it was to go that week in December! We have 2 rooms...a family suite room on deck 8 and another navigator verandah for the inlaws on deck 7. I am a little concerned about the navigator verandah for the inlaws...are they ok rooms? Can you still see pretty good out of the porthole window? I am afraid my fil is going to pitch a hissy fit when he sees that it isnt a "full fledged balcony" cabin!
Anyway thanks to all of you for your insight! I think we will be glad we switched weeks (I already know we are for the money aspect of it!) and thanks to Dreams Unlimited for their professionalism in changing our reservation now for the 3rd time! LOL
Thanks again!
heidi

We changed our trip and I am SO glad that we did! We saved almost 5000.00 by changing to the week of the 14th of November! I cant believe how much more expensive it was to go that week in December! We have 2 rooms...a family suite room on deck 8 and another navigator verandah for the inlaws on deck 7. I am a little concerned about the navigator verandah for the inlaws...are they ok rooms? Can you still see pretty good out of the porthole window? I am afraid my fil is going to pitch a hissy fit when he sees that it isnt a "full fledged balcony" cabin!
Anyway thanks to all of you for your insight! I think we will be glad we switched weeks (I already know we are for the money aspect of it!) and thanks to Dreams Unlimited for their professionalism in changing our reservation now for the 3rd time! LOL
Thanks again!
heidi

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest