Need ideas-jewelry frame?

Earstou

DIS Veteran
My dmil asked me to make her a frame to display her jewelry (pins). She describes it as an 8x10 picture frame with a padded middle. You put your pins on it and hang it on the wall.
Has anyone ever seen something like this or something similar? I did find something on the Michaels website that used mesh in the middle, but it didn't look very attractive.
I don't think my 73 year old dmil has the dexterity to use this as she describes it, so I'm hoping to come up with something that is easy for seniors to use. Any ideas out there???
TIA

I have several of the mesh-type frames you are describing. I made them several years ago. I use them to hold earrings, my DD loves hers too...It made a huge difference in whether earrings (and backs) got lost!!! Plus I found that I was wearing more of my earrings....different ones, rather than the same old 2 pairs...because I would see them and think "hey, I haven't worn those for..."!!!

I made mine out of antique frames that I got from my DMIL...I haven't seen any with padding, but I bet you could use a quilted material or something. All she really needs to be able to do is to slide the pin into the material...if it is thick enough, I don't think she will even have to close the pin. Especially since these are for pins and not earrings! I think the padding is a good idea, I used wire mesh and it pricked me several times!!!

Be sure to put a really pretty ribbon or cord on it so that it can hang on her wall like a picture.

My DD has one that has her school picture glued in the middle of the mesh and then she hangs her earrings all around it...it makes me laugh everytime I look at it!! :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter