Need help-how to access Uber/lift after 7/3 fireworks

cpdisney

Mouseketeer
have never used either service but would like to arrange ride from MK after 7/3 fireworks to CS. How much should it cost? How easy is it to arrange? Can it be prearranged prior to 7/3? I assume I have to walk to CR to get picked up. Thank you for all help

You'll need to download the apps. They're very easy to use – and have price calculators built right into them. Rideguru.com will also aggregate them.

Walk to CR, Ferry to TTC, launch to Poly/GF. Proceed to pickup location as indicated in app - or by signage at TTC. Request ride.

You can not prearrange rides. You need to get to the pickup location (see above) then request a ride. it is likely to be slow as that will be a high demand time.

You can not prearrange rides. You need to get to the pickup location (see above) then request a ride. it is likely to be slow as that will be a high demand time.
You actually can pre-schedule rides, but it means absolutely nothing. The companies just throw your ride out to the herd of drivers early, and honestly the most likely outcome is they send it out too early and you get stuck with a no-show cancellation fee -- which, for scheduled rides, is $10.

So do NOT schedule a ride.

You actually can pre-schedule rides, but it means absolutely nothing. The companies just throw your ride out to the herd of drivers early, and honestly the most likely outcome is they send it out too early and you get stuck with a no-show cancellation fee -- which, for scheduled rides, is $10.

So do NOT schedule a ride.
I didn’t know that. Thank You. But the net effect is the same

I didn’t know that. Thank You. But the net effect is the same
NO...the most likely "net effect" of a scheduled ride -- especially with Lyft -- is a $10 cancellation fee.

Ordering a ride is simple:
  1. Go to your pickup point
  2. When you are ready to get in the Uber, order the ride
  3. Don't move
  4. Confirm your vehicle, driver, and destination
  5. Enjoy your ride.

IMHO the easiest and most effective transportation option would be to use WDW transportation, you can board a WDW bus at the main entrance of MK directly to CS, no need to trek all the way to TTC and then risk having to wait for an Uber/Lyft and be subject to a huge surcharge which happens often during high demand periods. One of the reasons that many stay at WDW resorts is to have access to WDW transportation and not have to deal with these type of situations. Just a word of wisdom.

IMHO the easiest and most effective transportation option would be to use WDW transportation, you can board a WDW bus at the main entrance of MK directly to CS, no need to trek all the way to TTC and then risk having to wait for an Uber/Lyft and be subject to a huge surcharge which happens often during high demand periods. One of the reasons that many stay at WDW resorts is to have access to WDW transportation and not have to deal with these type of situations. Just a word of wisdom.
I agree. You will have to stand in line and wait, but that's what I would do.

Yeah, I'm guessing the OP doesn't want to wait.
Well, either way there is a time lag. Either you wait for a bus, or you walk to CR or BLT, because the monorail or ferry to another resort or TTC would also involve a wait.

Plus, after fireworks I would certainly be expecting a significant surge premium for Uber or Lyft.

OP -- that means you could be paying 2x-3x the normal price because of high demand. Or more.

After the fireworks perhaps take a walk over to The Contemporary and grab a snack/drink. Wait a while before requesting a ride til the demand goes down a little.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter