• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Need Help From Niagara Region Experts

WDWBOB1

Mouseketeer
I know this has nothing to do with WDW, but I sure would appreciate some advice on spending a day in Niagara-on-the-Lake. Can anyone suggest an informal but nice place for lunch/dinner and other things to do & see? I remember Fort George being interesting...but this was on a school trip some 35 years ago. Is it still a worthwhile stop? Grateful for any advice.

Are you coming with children or just adults? Take a tour of the town, visit the lovely little stores, a historical trip thru the old cemetery, a free wine tour, lunch at Pillar and Post. Queens landing, Angel Inn or take a picnic at Queenston Heights. While there visit, the Brock monument, let your kids playing the wading pool, if adventerous take the historical hike. Visit the home of Laura secord. In the evening get tickets for the performance of Peter Pan at the Shaw festival. It is magnificent. My husband and I enjoyed it as much as our girls. How about high tea at the Prince of Wales, maybe a horse drawn buggy ride around the town. Fort George for a quick visit, pick up some fresh fruit from the road side markets. Enjoy your day or two, you will have a good time

There is the cutest little store totally WINNIE THE POOH! We always visit the POOH STORE during out NOTL trips.

We will be hiking the Bruce Trail in Queenston tomorrow with the kids (baby on my back!) and we plan to surprise the kids with an afternoon swim in the park pool and a trip to the POOH STORE!

NOTL is a lovely town! Take a short 12- 15 drive to the Falls too!

You both have made this short visit easier to arrange. We're looking forward to this weekend's stop in NOTL....it's alot easier planning this than planning for our next WDW trip coming this December. Thanks again!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter