Need help from dance teachers

Maridw

DIS Veteran
This year is the 25th anniversary of the dance studio that my best friend owns. She is using the theme "My Favorite Things" and plans to revive some of her favorite dances from previous years as well as the new dances.

I always create the program and as a surprise I wanted to redo the words to the song "My Favorite Things". I have most of it done, but am stuck when it comes to this part:

"When the dog bites,
when the bee stings,
when I'm feeling sad,
I simply remember my favorite things
and then I don't feel so bad"

I need two things to replace the dog bits and bee stings part. I can't come up with anything to put there. I need things that would be "bad" as far as a dance teacher is concerned.

Any help would be appreciated as to what I can use as the "Bad things" for the song.

I have two verses and was just going to go with those and then the "chorus" part. If any one can give me ideas to use for a third verse, I might think about adding one.

Thank you in advance.

This year is the 25th anniversary of the dance studio that my best friend owns. She is using the theme "My Favorite Things" and plans to revive some of her favorite dances from previous years as well as the new dances.

I always create the program and as a surprise I wanted to redo the words to the song "My Favorite Things". I have most of it done, but am stuck when it comes to this part:

"When the dog bites,
when the bee stings,
when I'm feeling sad,
and then I don't feel so bad"

I need two things to replace the dog bits and bee stings part. I can't come up with anything to put there. I need things that would be "bad" as far as a dance teacher is concerned.

Any help would be appreciated as to what I can use as the "Bad things" for the song.

I have two verses and was just going to go with those and then the "chorus" part. If any one can give me ideas to use for a third verse, I might think about adding one.

Thank you in advance.

When the shoe Pointes
when the hip swings

"just a Dance Mom though". Hope it helps.

When the song skips
When the smile fades
When the props fall
When the lights dim

I like the suggestions about flexed toes and dropped arms. Other than smiling/facial expressions, toes and arms are what we stress to our students constantly.

This is what I have so far:

My Favorite Things

Barre work and stretches, and toddlers in tutus,
Jazz shoes and tap shoes and breaking in toe shoes,
Sewing on ribbons and fixing routines,
These are a few of my favorite things.

Miss Puffie for toddlers and Mickey Mouse March,
Intermediate students improving their arch,
Holiday dances, BOO at Halloween,

When the ??
When the ??
When I’m feeling sad,
And then I don’t feel so bad.

Some of the things are things that our studio does. All of our preschoolers/toddlers have been started with "Miss Puffie" (I got to meet the real Miss Puffie - Joan Lather ;)) and always do "Boo" (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yf5aRec_yWw)

Looking at it now I'm thinking I need a third verse to have more to do with the older students. I have lots of time to decide if I want to actually add one, but I wanted to get this mostly done instead of waiting until the last minute.

Thank you so far for the ideas.

Thank you to all who gave me suggestions. Unfortunately this is not going to be used after all.

I won't go into the details but I will not be doing the program for the dance school after all so I don't need this. :sad2:

All the ideas were very good and it was going to be hard to decide on which ones to use.

Thank you again.

Well I actually finished it and was going have it put in the program regardless of how our friendship is. Unfortunately the owner workpiece on the program with the young girl who was to do it. So the owner decided there wasn't enough room for it.

Fine!

I took a picture of my granddaughter that shows her in a ballet costume. The photo was taken by Olin Mills. I then put the new version of My Favorite Things over it.

My Favorite Dance Things

Barre work and stretches and toddlers in tutus,
These are a few if my favorite things.

Miss Puffy for toddlers, Mickey Mouse March,

Dup Dee and Car Wash, Casper and Hero,
Pirates and Thriller, Rockin' Rhymes and Rodero,
Broadway Baby and Phantom Ballet,

When the music stops, when I miss a step,
When I'm feeling sad,
I simply remember my favorite dances,
And then I don't feel so bad.

For *************** on her 25th anniversity
Fro ****************

I was able to post it mdance school Facebook wall and figure if someone took it off I put it on my Facebook page and I've and tagged a number of the dancers.

I am past the petty jealousy and the other petty things she did to me. I have moved past and am waiting to take to hate out of heart. I have made my peace with God. Maybe one she will lose that hate. Until, I will try to be frend, but
i dont know when it will, but i will be there when it happens.

Last edited:
Do you realize that you left her name and yours on your post??

Yes I know I left the names on there. I have extended an olive branch to have it thrown back in my face. Her DD actually tried to accuse me of making slanderous things on FB and decimating her mother's character. I reminded her that I never once used her mother's name and I choose my words carefully. I mentioned a person's pride and this person having to control things, but did not say that person's name. I told her that people that know the two of us would make the connection. But then they would also see the truth too. When she remarked on the accusations, I gave her the entire back story on our falling out, plus the reason for it. I told her that there were things that her mother did not know because she didn't bother to try and find out just what I was going through. I also told her that her mother could not fathom someone doing something NOT for money. Because for her, it i all about the money. The daughter did not deny it. Plus did not deny that her mother had a part in convincing the Garden Club to disassociate themselves from my project.

Right now I am extending the odd hand to see if she will accept a civil friendship.

Yes I know I left the names on there. I have extended an olive branch to have it thrown back in my face. Her DD actually tried to accuse me of making slanderous things on FB and decimating her mother's character. I reminded her that I never once used her mother's name and I choose my words carefully. I mentioned a person's pride and this person having to control things, but did not say that person's name. I told her that people that know the two of us would make the connection. But then they would also see the truth too. When she remarked on the accusations, I gave her the entire back story on our falling out, plus the reason for it. I told her that there were things that her mother did not know because she didn't bother to try and find out just what I was going through. I also told her that her mother could not fathom someone doing something NOT for money. Because for her, it i all about the money. The daughter did not deny it. Plus did not deny that her mother had a part in convincing the Garden Club to disassociate themselves from my project.

Right now I am extending the odd hand to see if she will accept a civil friendship.

So, you were accused of libel (not slander, that's the spoken word) and defended yourself by saying that you never used her mother's name. And now you are publishing her name, along with very unflattering depiction of her, on a message board that people around the globe read. And you want to see if she'll be friends with you again??? Okayyyy.

Well I actually finished it and was going have it put in the program regardless of how our friendship is. Unfortunately the owner workpiece on the program with the young girl who was to do it. So the owner decided there wasn't enough room for it.

Fine!

I took a picture of my granddaughter that shows her in a ballet costume. The photo was taken by Olin Mills. I then put the new version of My Favorite Things over it.

My Favorite Dance Things

Barre work and stretches and toddlers in tutus,
These are a few if my favorite things.

Miss Puffy for toddlers, Mickey Mouse March,

Dup Dee and Car Wash, Casper and Hero,
Pirates and Thriller, Rockin' Rhymes and Rodero,
Broadway Baby and Phantom Ballet,

When the music stops, when I miss a step,
When I'm feeling sad,
I simply remember my favorite dances,
And then I don't feel so bad.

For Bobbie Massey on her 25th anniversity
Fro Margaret Williams

I was able to post it dance school Facebook wall and figure if someone took it off I put it on my Facebook page and I've and tagged a number of the dancers.

I am past the petty jealousy and the other petty things she did to me. I have moved past and am waiting to take to hate out of heart. I have made my peace with God. Maybe one she will lose that hate. Until, I will try to be frend, but

You have a spelling mistake at the end. Just wanted to let you know in case you put it into print or something.

Last edited:
I was able to post it dance school Facebook wall and figure if someone took it off I put it on my Facebook page and I've and tagged a number of the dancers.

I am past the petty jealousy and the other petty things she did to me.

I have moved past and am waiting to take to hate out of heart. I have made my peace with God. Maybe one she will lose that hate. Until, I will try to be frend, but

I remember your previous post and that your Granddaughter no longer dances there
To post this on the Facebook wall of the person you vowed never to have anything to do with again is wrong
It's stirring the pot

OP-I ALMOST contacted this dance studio-you REALLY need to delete her name from your post

Ok, well, I started off reading with an idea for the bad things, got to you having your own and then the drama began--eegads.

Actually, I was thinking on the first post that I was glad the your previous drama blew over---I recall issues with the program last year and both of you bringing the drama to a totally different social thing, I think it was a gardening club? Now you are bringing the drama to a message board, complete with the studio name? This is really a bad idea both from a maturity level (really, if things were so bad last year, why are you still there for it to be bad again this year--walk away and stay away, seriously) but also possibly from a legal level--I hope you take the advice of those who posted before me and delete names from your post.

ETA-- I see now you mentioned the garden club and the issues there in your prior post--I was moving on in the thread before quite finishing reading the posts I guess. Oops!

Last edited:
OP, you have really got to let this go. This drama has gone on for a long time. You may have been friends, but aren't now. The dance studio is her business and you really need to back away and find something else to occupy your time and your thoughts.

Ok, well, I started off reading with an idea for the bad things, got to you having your own and then the drama began--eegads.

Actually, I was thinking on the first post that I was glad the your previous drama blew over---I recall issues with the program last year and both of you bringing the drama to a totally different social thing, I think it was a gardening club? Now you are bringing the drama to a message board, complete with the studio name? This is really a bad idea both from a maturity level (really, if things were so bad last year, why are you still there for it to be bad again this year--walk away and stay away, seriously) but also possibly from a legal level--I hope you take the advice of those who posted before me and delete names from your post.

Would be better to delete the whole post.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter