Need Help choosing resort

kalel29

Dis Dad #101
Hello everybody! To start off, I've read just about every review on each of the WDW resorts. Me and my fiancee are planning a honeymoon for Feb '07 and have narrowed our choices down to Animal Kingdom, POFQ, POR, and CB. It's crunch time and I really need to let our travel agent know which one we want. I would appreciate any feedback anybody can give us to help us make our choice. Thanks in advance!!!

I would most definitely choose AKL. I think it has a very romantic feel to it, it's the most incredibly themed resort at WDW, and it's a deluxe resort, while the others you list are moderates, which means there are more amenities and a more deluxe feel to the place.

I agree. If you love animals, etc. I'd say AKL and it is itself as far as bus service goes. But it is also kind of isolated in that the parks can only be reached by bus. Just a thought!

AKL is the same price range as WL - so you might include it.

I would vote for WL. Yes even over AKL and I love animals. WL is closer to the MK.

we need more information from you.

since all the resorts you names are very different.

but do you and your fiancee see as romantic

AKL - Africia
POFQ - the french quarter in New orleans as it might like to be remember.
POR - southern mansion (MB) and river type houses (AB)
CB - it tries to be like the Carribean Islands but doesn't quite make it. I don't find it romantic - despite the beaches.

I like the food court at POR the best. the quiet pools at POR the best. okay the landscaping at POR..... now if we comparing it to WL - WL wins hands down.

AKL !!!!. It has much more of a honeymoon feel to it!!!!
From the lobby to the rooms to the animals... I could go on and on.
I would pick a deluxe for a honeymoon if you can swing it!!!!! :cool1:

I would also suggest AKL. It is a beautiful hotel. We celebrated our 24th, 25th, and 26th wedding anniversary at AKL. Having stayed there 3 times I am still in "awe" everytime I walk into the lobby. Plus AKL has 2 fabulous restaraunts right in the resort. Also we really like the fact that AKL buses do not make stops at other resorts .

I would go with AKL too. The resort is amazing -- the ambiance and decor there just blew us away. Also, it's a Deluxe, so you'll get more service there. I think it would be great for a honeymoon, since it feels like you are miles away from crowds -- it really feels like you're not at WDW -- more like you are on a safari! We visited a few months ago and were so amazed with the place that we're staying there on our next trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter