• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Need budget friendly sleepover ideas

aunt lissa

<font color=darkcoral>To post the dirt or not to p
My dd13 is having a small sleepover w/ 3 girls for her bday. I'm lost as to what to do to entertain them for the evening that stays budget friendly. We are of course going to do movies and popcorn, but she is lost as to what else to do.
Any ideas and suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Not a girl, but don't they still like doing makeovers at that age? Maybe pick up some cheap makeup at a dollar store and let then go wild? Or maybe find a Mary Kay/Avon rep willing to come over and do that for a small fee? My sister had that done once.

Ditto what PP suggested -you can buy some really cheap nail polishes
Silly string
Bake cookies
If you have a video camera you don't mind them using you could let them
"make a movie"
water balloons
water color paints and plain paper
make your own sundaes

My dd13 is having a small sleepover w/ 3 girls for her bday. I'm lost as to what to do to entertain them for the evening that stays budget friendly. We are of course going to do movies and popcorn, but she is lost as to what else to do.
Any ideas and suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

My daughter will be turning 15 on June 4th. She's having a sleep over too. One of the things she and her friends like to do is play board games. Outburst,Apples to Apples, Trivial Persuit etc. I know they will be giggling into the wee hours of the night. If you don't have any games then have the girls each bring their favorite.

Barb

i have to agree w/ the pp's who said makeovers-my DD 10 and her friends had a BLAST doing each other's hair & makeup, lol. i also bought these bears they could stuff and dress from abcdistributing.com, which they loved-i have to admit though, getting the stuffing in the bears was really difficult. this year we're doing movies, pizza & popcorn, along w/ board games, makeovers and whatever else we can come up with.

My 17 year old niece loves to invite her friends over (usually three or four girls) and all of them climb in the bed with her mom (my sister) and they all watch movies together and hang out until about midnight or when ever her dad kicks them out of the bedroom.

My sister has said more than once, that she takes advantage of this and covertly takes these opportunities to discuss relationships, school, college and career choices with the girls.

Another thought, was to buy minimarshmellows and toothpicks and let them roast marshmellows over candles.

How about Music & dancing in your yard or basement or a SPECIFIC ROOM in ur house! And you can make non alcoholic shirley temples or pina colodas! My dd is 13 and I don't know one of her friends that dont like to dance and sing!They also like to play the game truth or dare! Toast marshmallows over a grill !

Honestly I wouldnt plan TOO much they will likely just hang out and talk/gossip. At least that is what my kids do.

I would have snacks & drinks available for them. And a few things that they can do on their own. Mom is just going to be embarassing & in the way.

{{thread hijack}} I'm Aunt Lissa too! How cool is that {end}

Games like twister and taboo are fun too!

Do you have any scrapbook supplies? They could each bring some pictures and make paper bag albums. You just need 4 or 5 paper lunch bags, some scrapbook paper, adhesive, and some ribbon. Just search on how to make paper bag scrapbooks.

Scavenger hunt is always fun and safe if you do it around your house.

I loved the game chubby bunny! Get a bag of marshmallows and see how many girls can stuff them in there mouth while saying chubby bunny!

I also like the make up idea but a camera is a must have for all the great pictures!

Also simple games that don’t need any supplies are always fun. No one can pass up a good game of hide and seek or celebrity tag.

We've had tons of sleep-overs and tons of activities planned which usually don't get done. They love to talk, talk and talk! Get some snacks and put them out on the table, a few movies to watch when they get ready to wind down and they're set. Karaoke is a good choice and the nail polish, facials are fun. You could have the girls make the facial stuff out of oatmeal, etc and then do the facials. At the last slumber party, they spent 2 hours doing japanese writing (one of the girls taught them and brought all the supplies) they loved that.

Make some basic cupcakes, get a bunch of diff types of frostings & sprinkles & let them have a frosting/decorating contest. If they come out ugly, they still taste good.

Then they can double as the snack when the kids raid the fridge in the middle of the night.

We used to also do makeovers, hairdos green mask & nails.

Make sure you have a camera! :) green mask pics make for good bribery later.....

Make your own personal pizzas are pretty fun, I did that at a sleepover as a kid and still remember it.

Ice cream sundaes are fun too, and can be pretty inexpensive if you stick to store brands for goodies.

I never was one for wearing make-up until I was much older (but of course I was a geek :banana: ) but I did enjoy having my hair done. All you would need is some hairspray, a curling iron, some clips and scrunchies....let them go nuts! And take pics, of course.

I think girls are a lot more sophisticated now than when I was a young teen, but I would have also loved a night of board games, charades, Twister.... And I really enjoyed dancing and playing music. Oh, and don't forget flashlights or glowsticks for telling ghost stories before bed.....:hmghost:

balloon bombs if it good an warm outside, my girls liked seein who could pop the balloons fastest by puttin balloon between legs an squeezing good excersise too that one. They liked pushing tater across floor or patio with nose.

OHHHHHHHHHH an we used to use games like mario cart an have races an went all the way down to the grand champion winner who had beat everyone at party..

I'd be really careful with the chubby bunny thing. Kids have died from that because they literally choked to death on the marshmallows.

Cooking or baking is fun. Something they can each do themselves is good, like the personal pizzas. My daughter is turning 13 soon and is having a couple friends over to spend the night but not a full blown sleepover. They will probably just stay up talking and giggling all night - no entertainment required.

If you're looking for a craft idea, you could have the girls each make their own sleep mask and decorate them. I found a pattern and instructions on the Family Fun website. Also, it's fun to decorate a plain white pillowcase with sharpies or fabric markers. It could be an "autograph pillowcase" for future sleep-overs. :)

Excellent ideas everyone...thanks so much! :thumbsup2
Right now we are planning the makeover since we have everything but the makeup. Going to the dollar store tomorrow to get some. I'm gonna look up the paperbag scrapbook that sounds like fun for them. DD is getting a digital camera for her bday so she'll be able to capture all the fun moments. I think I'll also let my daughter decide on something for them to make together whether it's pillow cases or food.
And yes Mom will do her best to stay out of the way and let the girls have fun talking about all the little girl things they talk about. :( My baby is growing up!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter