Need an official word...WL

There are supposed to be refrigerators in the rooms, but to make sure you get one I would request it and have them put it on your reservation. And if it doesn't work ask House keeping for another one. I request a fridge in my room every time I make a reservation.

Although your doing so does no harm, I can't see suggesting that everyone do it. It's like requesting that your room be equipped with a TV or a window ... they ALL are standard equipment.

Think of it this way. Let's say you are a CM in charge of assigning rooms at the resort. You know that you have no rooms that have a special category of "no refrigerator," or if you prefer, you know that all rooms are equipped with a fridge. So one day you see a reservation with a request for a room with a fridge. You will ignore the request, since it is a meaningless request, since you do not have to make sure the room for that reservation gets a special category of room, know what I mean??? The rooms assigner isn't going to physically inspect a room 4 days in advance and then and only then assign that specific room to you.

Or let's say you're a front desk CM who is checking someone in, and you notice that request on their reservation. You match that person up with the next available room ... and since you have no list or category of rooms that DON'T have a fridge, there's nothing you can possibly do to ensure that that room has a fridge, know what I mean???

I hope I'm making sense, and I hope I'm not coming off as rude. I just want to help you (and everyone else) see that making that request on your reservation can't possibly have any functional effect.

actually it can help asking for one. When you stay in a Disney Resort that does not have fridges in the rooms and you have to request one because you have to have one for your medicine. And Per a CM even at WL they told me that I could request one but that it was not guaranteed. Now I know that all deluxe resorts are supposed to have a fridge in the rooms but after she told me that I went ahead and requested one.

I stayed in a STANDARD room at the WL in 2007. There was a REFRIGERATOR in the room, not a cooler.

It froze our half gallon of milk. We had to turn down the thermostat control on it. It definitely worked just fine.

There is no need for such an extensive discussion on this matter. A refrigerator is listed as a standard amenity by DISNEY on their website for all deluxe hotel accommodations. There is a cabinet built into the wall in every room at the WL for the refrigerator. If for some reason, the cabinet is empty when you check in, simply call down to the front desk and request that YOUR REFRIGERATOR that you are PAYING FOR AS AN AMENITY IN YOUR ROOM be brought up. It is no different than the ironing board, iron, coffee maker, etc.

The CM's on the phone at the RESERVATION CENTER IN TAMPA don't always know what they are talking about. You are not talking to a CM at the WL, even when you call the "front desk" of the WL...

actually it can help asking for one. When you stay in a Disney Resort that does not have fridges in the rooms and you have to request one because you have to have one for your medicine. And Per a CM even at WL they told me that I could request one but that it was not guaranteed. Now I know that all deluxe resorts are supposed to have a fridge in the rooms but after she told me that I went ahead and requested one.

I'm TRULY not trying to be argumentative, but I just have to set the record straight. Of course, I was referring only to resorts that have fridges as standard, which means all of the resorts EXCEPT the 4 Value resorts.

Fridges became standard in all Moderate and Deluxe resorts in stages during 2005. It appears from your signature that you haven't stayed in a Moderate or Deluxe resort since that time. It appears you have a reservation in December of this year for WL. The CM you spoke with reagrding WL was not, in fact, a CM at WL, but rather a CM at a call center. Even though Disney publishes telephone numbers for each resort, those calls go to a call center; the CM answers the phone as if they are at that resort, but they are not there. They only let calls through to the resort if they can't handle it themselves.

And we could have thousands of posts telling examples of cental reservations CMs giving VERY WRONG information about things not specifically pertaining to resort reservations and ticket sales. So if the CM said a fridge was not guaranteed at WL, he/she was, plain and simple, dead wrong.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter