Need advice

Disneygal@heart

Earning My Ears
Hello Everyone!
I am looking for advice. My family of 4 is scheduled to stay at Disney's Beach Club Resort at the beginning of July. I see that there are extra Magic Hours for deluxe resorts but only on Monday and Wed of our stay. I was thinking of switching the last 2 nights of our reservation to a moderate resort to save money since the magic hours are not happening on a Thur. or Fri. We were looking at Port Orleans French Quarter. If we switch the last two nights, we will save about 469.00. I realize I lose the ability to walk to 2 parks, but I think the money-saving might be worth it? We have not stayed at either resort, so I'd love to hear your thoughts. Do we stay put, or would you make the switch? My kids are both teens, if that helps. I just don't know what to do!
Thank you!

Last edited:
French Quarter is lovely and the transportation is very good too, plus the boat to Disney Springs. If it were me I'd do the switch to save money.

We will be at the Beach Club for 4 nights before making the switch if we choose to do that. I booked deluxe for the extra hours.

Worth it is really one of those things that only you can answer. No one else knows your family’s particular situation. $469 can be a food budget for weeks instead of just 2 nights at a hotel. Only you know what your budget can handle.

Some things to consider: What are your plans the last day? Leaving early in the morning? Or planning a relaxing morning & resort time before you leave? At BC you could enjoy SAB & there are several restaurants in walking distance for a leisurely table service breakfast. Plus the solarium for hanging out before departure. If you’re heading out early, quick service at FQ might be all you need.

If you do decide to change resorts, you can plan an Epcot or Studios day on your move day. You can have bell services transfer your luggage to POFQ, walk to your park & just catch a bus to FQ later in the day.

Many people do split stays. But most do the moderate first, then move on to the deluxe. Both resorts you are considering are great. But will you feel cramped & disappointed in a moderate room & resort after being in the larger deluxe room?

I’m going thru a worth it question of my own right now too. Its not an easy decision. With all the planning & money involved in a WDW vacation, you want it to be perfect. The thought that you won’t be happy with part of it or spend a significant amount of money needlessly is scary. I wish you good luck with your decision. :flower3:

We will be at the Beach Club for 4 nights before making the switch if we choose to do that. I booked deluxe for the extra hours.
If you booked 6 nights at the BC just to take advantage of extra magic hours, and the extra magic hours are only available for 2 out of your 6 days, I’d seriously consider booking your whole stay at POFQ.

It sounds like you’d be saving almost $1400 doing this. You could use that savings to buy Genie+ and still have a big chunk of change left over for food/drinks.

Thanks, everyone. After much back and forth, my family decided to stay at the BC for the entirety. Our last park day we will be at Epoct and my husband and kids prefer to be near it, and then on our last day in Disney they want to spend it at the pool. Thanks for all your help. You'd think picking a resort would be easy!

Thanks, everyone. After much back and forth, my family decided to stay at the BC for the entirety. Our last park day we will be at Epoct and my husband and kids prefer to be near it, and then on our last day in Disney they want to spend it at the pool. Thanks for all your help. You'd think picking a resort would be easy!
Personally I think that’s a great call. The extra space with 2 teens, thicker walls, 2 pools, built in AC vs window (that sucker at POFQ was a racket when it went on!) and indoor hallways are things that were really highlighted in my mind as deluxe hotel benefits that I didn’t really appreciate until after I did a POFQ/BWI split stay last week.

We almost always stay deluxe and have never made it to extra hours.

I love POFQ, but I would stay at BC. I'm not a fan of split stays in general. If I want a day off from the parks to relax then I want to do just that. I do NOT want to repack everything and have it moved and put ourselves in limbo for the day without a room to go to. The savings you're talking about doesn't make it worth it to me.

I would stay or switch to POP. Just my personal choice we go Deluxe or Value. Also think about packing up and moving time is also money at WDW.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter