• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Need advice RE: Doing Laundry at ASMo

davandflav

Mouseketeer
We're heading down for our longest Disney trip ever from 9/20-10/4 this year, and we are already worrying about how big of a nightmare packing for a trip this long will be! We're going to have to do a couple of loads of laundry while we're there (must have room in our suitcases to shuttle the souveniers back home!). The last time I tried to do laundry in the middle of a trip at ASMo, it was about 8PM and the laundry facility was PACKED!!!! Needless to say, I retreated! Does anyone have ANY experiences and/or advice they could impart to us to help save time and get this not-so-fun task done smoothly? How late is the laundry room open? 24 hrs.? Is there a time of day that is usually not too busy? Is it safe enough to start loads, leave, and then come back to get them when they're done? Any info or experiences you could tell us about would help so much.
Thanks in advance,
Dav and Flav!

I have never done it, but I would think if you came back to the resort mid-day for a swim, that might be a good time. Or possibly late at night.

we were at asmo beginning of December, I did my laundry at the crack of dawn. My family was still sleeping, it was great. I was able to get any machine, and after i started my laundry, i headed to get a cup of coffee, and just sat back and enjoyed the early morning. it was so nice.

hope this helps.

We went in the 1rst week of Dec, Tried doing Laundry in the afternoon and it was PACKED, Same thing at night, So I got up early the next morning and did it. No one there..
But during the afternoon I was able to get 1 load in and I left it and came back about 10 min before the load was done, Moved to the Dryer and did the same thing.. I dont have a problem leaving my stuff, as long as i get back before the load is done.

I did it around dinner time and there was only a couple of people in there. I put the clothes in and then went to the pool. I also brought those detergent tablets with me - no mess.

Thanks so much for all your help! Sounds like the laundry room is least crowded in the early AM, so I'll try going then. I really appreciate your responses...Pixie Dust to you all!!!

I have found during stays at all of the All Stars that the laundry rooms by the quiet pools are much less busy than the ones by the main pool

paladin,

Thanks so much for your post. I didn't even know there was a second laundry facility at each All Star resort. It makes sense that it would be less crowded, as it's "off the beaten path." Thanks for saving us some precious Disney Time!

Chrissy:Pinkbounc

Timing for laundry is hit or miss. Being from the west coast we're running three hours later than most. So on a day we sleep in I have gone and done laundry. We take large yard garbage bags to put it in. I bring laundry tablets to use and lots of quarters it isn't cheap like 2 bucks for washer and another chunk for dryer which usually takes two cycles to get things dry. Be sure to clean dryer vent. Check with people around and ask which dryers are fast or slow. If you don't have to heat up dryer it helps. I start laundry and then go get breakfast. I like to pack clean clothes home its just easier when we get back. Besure to bring some warm clothes like a sweatshirt and long pants the weather can be fickle.

I was glad this was posted, as I'll be doing laundry at ASMo too. I have done laundry at an off-site hotel in Kissimmee and also found that going at the crack of dawn was the best. Nobody there and nothing but the birds chirping and me drinking my coffee. It was actually FUN doing laundry with that atmosphere.:D

I did laundry (two loads) and while it was washing went to put my popcorn in the microwave so I could relax and have a snack by the pool while DH and DS were swimming. This was mid afternoon and the laundry room was full. But I didn't want to get worried about doing laundry while on vacation. So, I was patient and got my clothes washed while relaxing and my family swimming. I was not prepared and had to pay for the small box of Tide $2 and for each washer $2 and dryer$2. Tide does offer a box of detergent tablets (not sure on the cost) at the grocery store and these will definately be in my suitcase this year with my quarters!!!
As mentioned before, I wouldn't leave my clothes too long in the laundry center because I did notice someone left there clothes in a washer and others emptied the washer and left the clothes on the counter!! Not very nice, but also not very nice of the person to leave their clothes while others are waiting!! Have a great DISNEY trip!!

I went in the early morning- we were going to the water park one morning- it didn't open until 10, so at 8 ish I went to do laundry. This was a great time- no one was there!!

In my experience you better be prepared to get up at the "butt crack of dawn" (as a friend would say) to do it. We too where there this past December and the laundry room got SOO crowded that it was impossible to do it. Even at 6am the laundry room had a fair amount of people in it. I think it took about 3 hours to do 3 load, because a lot of people were using the dryers to dry their sneakers (which BTW is against the posted "rules").

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter