Need advice on how to string "patio lights" at campsite!

Wendy_Darling_2001

Mouseketeer
Last year when we were camping we saw many people who had outdoor patio lights at their campsites. They looked so cool! We bought some for our trip this May but I cannot remember how others had their lights strung! We just have tent so no screened enclosure to attach to. Any advice? can we string them to trees? But what our site does not have any good ones to attch the lights to? HELP! We will be in a preferred site as that was the only type available with a discount.

Thanks,
Wendy!

How about using a couple "shepherd's hooks" to string them between?
You can find them cheaply (usually in home/garden centers) usually used to hang plants on in your yard. We've used them to hold a coleman lantern up for optimum light across the campsite, and I think that they could hold your lights up just fine. There are certain brands of hooks available that break down into 18 inch pieces and then screw back together to be 5 to 6 foot tall when you put them into the ground. You would have to place them off to the side of the site so that no one gets "clothes-lined" around the neck while walking around in the dark. We also always carry a photocell timer for our campsite lights- this way the sunset turns them on, and I come back to a well lit campsite at night. It's just a little extra security at the campsite too.
Happy camping!

Duct tape!

No, seriously, you can stretch a clothesline from the trees and hook the lights to the line. Use bungee cords to hold the clothesline to the trees. Usually you will find trees close enough for the light cords to reach, but if not have a clothesline on hand.

And most of all, have fun!

56 days to go

Thanks for the advice! I like the idea of the clothesline! And I think I will bring the timer I use for my outdoor christmas lights so the lights will be on when we get back to the site.

Thanks again, we'll be arriving 1 month from tomorrow, can't wait!!

I found hooks on a string made for that purpose at Wal-Mart in the RV section.

We use the clothespins for the awning, too. We tried the fancier awning clips, but the clothespins are much easier to whip off when a storm is coming and you need to get that awning down!

46 days to go (ooh, I love this countdown!)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter