need advice from ebay sellers- purses

stitchfan18

DIS Veteran
I have 3 coach purses and 2 dooney purses that i'm hoping to sell so I can get my disney dooney when we are there in August. They are all several years old, but definitely not out of style, just not the right size and style for me anymore. I've sold a couple new/very lightly used dooney's on ebay before, but never any that had some wear and tear. Any advice on the best way to list them? Should I try them in lots by brand? I am afraid I won't get any interest because they are used. I'm not looking to make a fortune, I would be happy to get $150-$200 total for all of them.

did u think about craigslist.. to list there is FREE

but i think if you do ebay do separate

You should absolutely list separate on ebay. Be very descriptive - take tons of pics.

To get an idea - I just checked Completed listings for "coach purse" used - and it looked very encouraging. Take a look - you may be surprised.

IMHO...it will not be easy to sell them unless they are really cheap...like $25 cheap. Coach bags DO sell...but never for even 1/2 of what they sold for originally....unless its a new hot sold out bag.

I don't sell my Coach on ebay because I just can't generate enough of a sale ot make it worth it....except for a $1000 limited edition bag I had. I am not sure about Dooney...you need to search "completed auctions" to get any idea of whether your bags will sell or not.

if you are willing start the prices really low...and make sure you show pics of ALL the marks, scuffs, interior, etc....so you don't get a buyer who is unhappy.

I tend to sell my Coach and similar brands at my local designer consignment boutique. ;)

Good Luck.

Have you thought of selling them on bag borrow or steal? My girlfriend sells them on there all the time and gets good prices. I'm not sure what brands they have.

can you post them on here? maybe one of us would like them because God knows I need more purses :rolleyes1

I have a Coach purse listed on ebay right now. I also looked at the completed auctions and was pretty optimistic, but I am not even getting any lookers. And mine is in excellent condition, barely used, and priced at what I think is a low price. I have it on craigslist also and nothing happening there, although I have to say in my area, craigslist does not always get results.

So I don't know what you should do. To the person who brought purses for consignment, how much did you make after the store takes their cut? I may have to check that out or the bag borrow steal that someone mentioned.

Good luck OP!

Be careful with selling them on ebay. People are selling fakes on there and ebay has changed the rules so much that now if someone says it was fake (even if it's not), you will have trouble. Too much trouble to make it worth using e bay. You might want to just look under "community" on ebay and listen to what other's are saying. I decided not to sell purses after reading the comments.:scared1:

Thanks for the responses. I really don't want a lot of money for them. Mainly just want to get rid of them all, and make enough to help with my new mickey dooney. I might just ask around to friends and family and see if anyone wants to take them off my hands for $30 each or so. It sounds like ebay is kind of a hassle. They are very obviously not fakes, I have a friend who got some fake ones in NYC when she was there, and the quality is so poor on her bags.

I have a Coach purse listed on ebay right now. I also looked at the completed auctions and was pretty optimistic, but I am not even getting any lookers. And mine is in excellent condition, barely used, and priced at what I think is a low price. I have it on craigslist also and nothing happening there, although I have to say in my area, craigslist does not always get results.

So I don't know what you should do. To the person who brought purses for consignment, how much did you make after the store takes their cut? I may have to check that out or the bag borrow steal that someone mentioned.

Good luck OP!
I get 55% trade and 45% cash AFTER the item sells...I let all my money sit at the consignment shop until a vacation and we cash it out....I have had as much as $700 before:thumbsup2

Be careful with selling them on ebay. People are selling fakes on there and ebay has changed the rules so much that now if someone says it was fake (even if it's not), you will have trouble. Too much trouble to make it worth using e bay. You might want to just look under "community" on ebay and listen to what other's are saying. I decided not to sell purses after reading the comments.:scared1:
those boards will scare anyone...me too...but I have sold purses for about 13 yrs on Ebay and have had great luck...but the really high end stuff sells and the Coach/Dooney just sat...even after I lowered prices...so I don't sell anythign but super high end bags like LV now

Thanks for the responses. I really don't want a lot of money for them. Mainly just want to get rid of them all, and make enough to help with my new mickey dooney. I might just ask around to friends and family and see if anyone wants to take them off my hands for $30 each or so. It sounds like ebay is kind of a hassle. They are very obviously not fakes, I have a friend who got some fake ones in NYC when she was there, and the quality is so poor on her bags.

Ebay isn't bad and $30 each may sell them...try 29.99 ;) hey 4 bags at $30 each will get you at least $100 after fees/paypal:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter