NBA 2017-18 Playoffs - All Welcome

So tonight I'm not sure what to watch. Warriors-Spurs is on the same time as Sharks-Ducks. Also next door will be A's-White Sox. The parking situation in the Coliseum lot is going to be crazy.

Thoughts on the 76ers, lots of people are handing them the ECF win already but they are a young team, while teams like the raps and heat are talented, in the raps case more-so than the 76ers and both of those teams have loads more playoff experience. I just don't see how the young guns of the sixers don't crack under the pressure of the playoffs against battle tested teams. And before you tell me they have won 16 in a row, only 4 of those games were against teams with above .500 win percetage.

Playoff experience can at times be overrated. Look at the Eagles, not a ton of playoff experience on that team, everyone claimed they'd be one-and-done and BOOM, Super Bowl Champs! I know experience can play a factor, but sometimes it's better to have a young team who is not battling past playoff failures so they aren't battling those demons in their own heads.

Trust the Process. Here They Come!

So tonight I'm not sure what to watch. Warriors-Spurs is on the same time as Sharks-Ducks. Also next door will be A's-White Sox. The parking situation in the Coliseum lot is going to be crazy.

Gotta flip between Warriors / Spurs & Sharks / Ducks I'd say. While I love baseball, it's regular season and you got two playoff games at the same time. By end of June you'll have nothing but baseball. And then if one playoff game gets out of hand (I'm looking at you Kawhi Leonard), then stick with the other.

Cavs fan here - I still think they'll be fine for the Pacers series, but obviously, yesterday was painful to watch. Unlikely the whole team goes as cold as they were yesterday - 23% from 3 point range will kill them every time.

Playoff experience can at times be overrated. Look at the Eagles, not a ton of playoff experience on that team, everyone claimed they'd be one-and-done and BOOM, Super Bowl Champs! I know experience can play a factor, but sometimes it's better to have a young team who is not battling past playoff failures so they aren't battling those demons in their own heads.

Trust the Process. Here They Come!

Experience won that game for the heat tonight. Wade with the steal/dunk then the pick and roll pass to for a wide open score and then the step back jumper to seal it. Olynck also had some key plays down the stretch to help seal it as well. Sixers looked tired and out of sorts in the last five minutes of the game and that's not a good look.

Cavs fan here - I still think they'll be fine for the Pacers series, but obviously, yesterday was painful to watch. Unlikely the whole team goes as cold as they were yesterday - 23% from 3 point range will kill them every time.

Ultimately even with a better three point percentage they have nobody who can stop oladipo, which is a funny sentence to write and the Cavs can't trust anyone except LBJ to put up more than 15 a night.

Ultimately even with a better three point percentage they have nobody who can stop oladipo, which is a funny sentence to write and the Cavs can't trust anyone except LBJ to put up more than 15 a night.

Watching the beginning of Warriors-Spurs game 2, and the refs are calling it really tight now. However, there was a play where Lamarcus Aldridge shoved off on a rebound and then got a foul call when he went up.

Gotta flip between Warriors / Spurs & Sharks / Ducks I'd say. While I love baseball, it's regular season and you got two playoff games at the same time. By end of June you'll have nothing but baseball. And then if one playoff game gets out of hand (I'm looking at you Kawhi Leonard), then stick with the other.

I had PIP from my satellite receiver and I actually ran out of tuners because I was recording another program. I think I can watch/record 3 channels at the same time.

So.....

Warriors over Spurs 116-101.
Sharks over Ducks 8-1.
And A's over White Sox 8-1.

That was pretty fun. I was flipping through the channels and the A's broadcast had a crew outside the stadium. They heard some noises and said that the Warriors must have won. Right now A's and Warriors fans are mixing together between the arena and stadium.

Experience won that game for the heat tonight. Wade with the steal/dunk then the pick and roll pass to for a wide open score and then the step back jumper to seal it. Olynck also had some key plays down the stretch to help seal it as well. Sixers looked tired and out of sorts in the last five minutes of the game and that's not a good look.

Sixers shooting 20% from 3 is what lost that game, not experience. Live by the 3, die by the 3 and they couldn't knock one down. They clawed back from down 11 in the 4th, most veteran teams may have not done that. Being down that much drains any team - veteran or young. Need someone off the bench in that key spot but with Embid out it takes some away. There guys who have "experience" Bellini and Redick shot a combined 3 for 15 from 3 pt range. And if you count Covington as a semi-vet (4 years in league but I don't count him as one in this discussion b/c zero playoff experience), that would 4 of 24 from 3. So if anything, there experienced players killed the "experience" argument for last night. But they got next game.

Technically @bcla you could be an adopted Philly fan since the A's were in Philly. New East Coast teams for you?

The only NBA team in California that's only been in California is the Clippers. We like to poach our professional sports teams here.

Go west young man.

Yeah, Oladipo killed them in Game 1, no doubt. Didn't even seem like he had that great of an offensive plan, except back up, dribble forward really fast, then stop short and shoot over whomever was "guarding" him. :p

Cavs usually can get one or two others hitting their shots, like Love or Korver. Didn't happen that game, so hopefully (as a Cavs fan ;) ) they can get someone going early tomorrow.

A super human 46 point game from LBJ and the Cavs just got by the Pacers. Nobody else to help him out, doesn't look good for them moving forwards. Didn't see the Utah/OKC game but looked close.
My heart goes out to Pop for his wife passing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter