Navigator Tasting Question

m3owbox

Mouseketeer
Hi all!
I was looking through some Navigators, to get a feel for when the tastings were going to be, and I noticed that not all the tastings are in there. What is up with that? Is it just for ones that didn't sell out?

Hi all!
I was looking through some Navigators, to get a feel for when the tastings were going to be, and I noticed that not all the tastings are in there. What is up with that? Is it just for ones that didn't sell out?
In my experience, they don't list the specific times/tastings in the Navigator. Just list what types of tastings they are going to have. To get the specifics (time/date/location) you have to go to Port Adventures/Guest Services/wherever it says to go.

In my experience, they don't list the specific times/tastings in the Navigator. Just list what types of tastings they are going to have. To get the specifics (time/date/location) you have to go to Port Adventures/Guest Services/wherever it says to go.
Okay great. Thanks PrincessShmoo!

I've noticed that on the cruises I've been on. Some tastings are shown in the grid schedule but some aren't. I have no idea how they decide which ones are shown. If you are interested in doing a tasting, go to the location shown in the Navigator you get on embarkation day to get the full schedule and sign up.

In the designated location on emabarkation day, usually the same location as dining/Palo changes, the bartender has a schedule. On our B2B, the schedule was not printed until just before boarding occured.

In the designated location on emabarkation day, usually the same location as dining/Palo changes, the bartender has a schedule. On our B2B, the schedule was not printed until just before boarding occured.

Be sure to check where the sign-ups for tastings are - when I was on the Fantasy it was in one of the bars and NOT where the dining changes happen. Just, as anything, be sure to read the Navigator as things are subject to change even cruise to cruise.

Do these tend to sell out? If so how quickly?

They can. How quickly can depend on a lot of factors. There are usually more of certain tastings, like mixology and the wine tasting, on the 7 night cruises than on the 3 night cruises. If there is a tasting you want, go as soon as you can to book it.

Be sure to check where the sign-ups for tastings are - when I was on the Fantasy it was in one of the bars and NOT where the dining changes happen. Just, as anything, be sure to read the Navigator as things are subject to change even cruise to cruise.

You can also book them at Guest Services, but we found that when you do it that way, they are likely to say something like, "What tasting do you want?" and then assign you a day and time. Whereas if you go to the proper bar, the guy/gal pulls out the whole sheet and you can see all the times that each class is offered and pick the ones you want. I was still able to get the times I wanted from GS, but I had to play "20 questions." Is that offered any other time? When? Can I do that one? What about so and so tasting? When is that offered? When else? Etc.

You can also book them at Guest Services, but we found that when you do it that way, they are likely to say something like, "What tasting do you want?" and then assign you a day and time. Whereas if you go to the proper bar, the guy/gal pulls out the whole sheet and you can see all the times that each class is offered and pick the ones you want. I was still able to get the times I wanted from GS, but I had to play "20 questions." Is that offered any other time? When? Can I do that one? What about so and so tasting? When is that offered? When else? Etc.

Yep. Just easier to go where they are signing up to see the list.

Yes, go to the bar to book not GS or the dining issues location. We have done that on our last three cruises, right after boarding, and had no trouble getting what we want. They do sell out, especially the popular ones (esp mixology) and on sea days.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter