National saying I can't bypass counter w/coupon?

TripletsMom

Earning My Ears
Can anyone help me out here. I have an existing reservations with National. After hearing about the long lines at the counter, I decided to join Nationals Emerald Club. When I try to make a new reservations with my EMC #, the price is a lot more. When I use my codes from my original reservation, I get errors on the page. Even as of today, if I make my reservations without the EMC#, I'm getting the same rate as my original reservations.

When I called National I was told that I cannot bypass the counter if I'm using a coupon. Is this right??? :confused:

Just returned last Thurday-

We picked up our car in Ft Lauderdale & returned it in Orlando.
Signed up for free with Emerald Isle using tip from mousesavers.com. Used promo codes as well as a coupon from the Entertainment Book. In FLL we bypassed the counter, took the shuttle, picked our car out & handed coupon to agent in the booth by the exit of National's lot.
VERY easy !!! Will ONLY use National if this is the way they do business. I was vey impressed. When we dropped off our car it only took a couple of min & again we bypassed the counter.
Horray for National..........:earsboy:

This is an interesting question...I currently have several National reservations for MCO, all made with the same codes, and soem say I have to go to the counter and some let me go directly to the lot, both with and without coupons. The only thing I can see is that sometimes the "$X off per week" coupons let me go directly to the lot (but only sometimes), but the "2 car class upgrade" always requires that I go to the counter. Can't figure out National, their on-line system is very odd and sensitive...

You need to go to the counter with upgrade coupons.
You do not need to go to the counter with coupons for free days or $$off.

National's website is VERY quirky. Just keep trying and eventually it will accept the info.

hth

curly :crazy: in need of professional help

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter