Nassau

TheBigErn

DIS Veteran
What is there to do in Nassau if your not doing a formal port adventure and have no interest in seeing Atlantis.

There are very touristy areas. You can go to the beach. The pirate museum. There is a local historical tour (at least there was pre-covid). Ardastra Gardens.
Nassau isn't the tourist mecca other than the beach and shopping I have found. Many people don't get off the boat.

The Nassau port is getting an update/expansion, so depending on when you cruise you may be able to just walk off the boat and enjoy the new shopping/dining/entertainment there.

Do we have any update on that? I feel like they have been saying that for years but not much was done.

Do we have any update on that? I feel like they have been saying that for years but not much was done.
The port construction is only in Phase One which is demolition. Phase Two will be marine updates and expansion and that is supposed to start in August 2021. So it isn't until Phase Three that the land construction will start. So it could be a long time before it is finished, but at least it has started.

The port construction is only in Phase One which is demolition. Phase Two will be marine updates and expansion and that is supposed to start in August 2021. So it isn't until Phase Three that the land construction will start. So it could be a long time before it is finished, but at least it has started.

Do we have any idea when Phase 3 could happen?

We did the Land and Sea excursion and enjoyed ourselves. If it is your first time, I would recommend doing it.

if you never been b4

and they are still running

exit the terminal and find the row of horse buggies ..... negotiate a city tour price where they drop you off at the Pirate Museum. Expect this to be around 30 minutes or so.

The Pirate Museum IS a real museum and not just a kids attraction. We enjoyed it (depends on interests), and there's a snack bar / bar.

Walking back to the terminal from here is only a few blocks and takes you thru the main shopping area including the straw market. Just to a kwik pass thru or shop ... either way you can say you've been there. You'll see plenty of places for a libation.

This can be little more than an hour off the boat, or a few ... your choice.

Did this with my kids a couple of times in the past . . . then returned to the boat usually in time for late lunch.

We did the Atlantis one time and it was a blast, although expensive. Last time we stayed on the ship, and loved that too. Our next one we have booked, we are planning to do Atlantis again.

We did the Atlantis one time and it was a blast, although expensive. Last time we stayed on the ship, and loved that too. Our next one we have booked, we are planning to do Atlantis again.
Was it Atlantis Aquaventure that you did? If so, would you mind telling me if that waterpark plays fairly loud music? I'm interested in going, but my son and I have very sensitive ears.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!