Narcoossee's Terrible Server

lucky_bunni

Live via Chromebook
Just returned from a 5-night stay and used to DDP Deluxe plan. We had an absolutely excellent experience at all restaurants but one, Narcoossee's. Our server was horrible, and unacceptable at a restaurant with this atmosphere and price point.

We had a 9:20pm reservation for two, and arrived on time. It took around 20 minutes to get seated, and we had a nice drink at the bar while we waited. The bartender was very friendly.

A woman waited on us. We very easy going people, not out to give anyone a hard time. My companion wondered if they'd sub a dessert for an extra appetizer, but he doesn't have much of a sweet tooth. He asked this and she said something like "absolutely not. I know they will not make an exception like this" and shook her head at us like a mother scolding a child.

Next we ask to split a glass of wine between the two of us, in addition to the full glass each we'd have with our entree. She did it, but you could tell she was reluctant to do so. This was a request we made at many other restaurants during the week, and was honored at all others without a hint of hesitation.

She was not attentive throughout our meal. When she did ask how things were, it was disingenuous.

It's a real shame, and this left us with a horrible impression of Narcoossee's. So much so that we canceled the reservation for the following night at Citricos but we just didn't want to return to GF.

We had a wonderful experience at Narcoosees but had an experience similar to yours when we were at Raglan Road. Not with the tipping/credit card but with the whole appetizer (we were on DXDDP) and sevice issue. Needless to say we won't be back to Raglan Road.

I'm so sorry you had such a negative experience. If I had been in the same situation I would have withheld the tip, or cut it drastically. I've worked in the service industry for years, and there's no excuse for poor service, especially when you expect some sort of compensation for it. JMO.

May have been a good server on a bad day, or a bad server on a typical day. I strongly agree that having a server with a bad attitude can make the most wonderful meal into a big downer. On the other hand, a great server can go a long way to make up for not-so-great food.

I would have asked to speak to a manager and nicely let him/her know about my impression of the experience. They are appreciative of the feedback and opportunity to fix a problem.

I am so sorry this happened to you - it NEVER should - no matter the kind of restaurant or the price point! :mad:

I do want to point out however, to you and the second poster (the Raglan Road problem) - that while ATTITUDE like that is NEVER acceptable, being angry and saying you'll not patronise a restaurant again because they wouldn't make substitutions to the DxDDP menu on it's own is not fair (not saying either poster actually feels like this - the OP in particular has explained their myriad of reasons).

Mind you - that news and how it is handled and clarified by the server can make all the difference. I'm sure if the server hadn't scolded you over it, you would have understood. After all, we don't know if it is possible unless we ask, right? Scolding or acting put out was NOT acceptable.

However if a server or restaurant doesn't bend the rules, and that is explained in a friendly and professional way, that's no reason on our part to get huffy.

Hopefully the next time you dine at Disney, you have nothing but Pixie Dust for your meals and servers. :wizard:

For information, on the dining plan an appetizer can never be substituted for a dessert. The server's attitude is apparently the problem here.

Have removed the name of the server and a few posts and sentences regarding tipping. Tipping on the restaurant boards may be discussed only in the Tipping Information Thread at

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2300858

Please use that thread for any further discussion of tipping.

Sorry to hear about your bad experience. We had a great time in January. We had a terrific server; he was professional, friendly and did a terrific job. SO much so that I made a point to mention it to the manager on the way out and when she stopped by our table. The food was great too, we will definately be going back on our next trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter