Narcoosees or Citricos?

Discussion in 'Disney Restaurants' started by 3DisneyBuggs, Feb 12, 2019 at 12:17 PM.

1. 3DisneyBuggs

3DisneyBuggs DIS Veteran

Im going to be in Disney on my birthday and am deciding between those 2 for dinner. Which one is better in terms of food and atmosphere? We both like steak but no seafood.

DarthGallifrey likes this.
  2. bphilb

bphilb Mouseketeer

I love Narcossee's. Their steak is good but I really like the lobster. Citrico's is nice, the menu is pretty good. I just feel like it's more similar to a nice restaurant at home where Narcossee's is set against Bay Lake and you can see the castle from most seats. You really can't go wrong though as just being on the Grand Floridian grounds is always a great experience.

jerseygal and DarthGallifrey like this.
  3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. MomOTwins

MomOTwins The Mommy Fairy

Narcoosees. It is just so pretty out by the water.

jerseygal likes this.
  5. goofy4prez

goofy4prez A guy can love Disney and still keep his man card!

I was pleasantly surprised with Citrico's when I tried it for the first time a couple of years ago. But with that said, I love the food, location, atmosphere and the view of the Happily Ever After Fireworks from Narcoossee's.

6. gharter

gharter DIS Veteran

Tough choice.
    Citricos is quieter and fewer kids. Nice inside. Never had as great meal, never had a bad meal.
    Narcoossees love the location. Like the menu better. More of a family environment, many more kids here, and much noisier.
    In the end, we prefer Narcoossees.

7. PolyRob

PolyRob DIS Veteran

I vote Citricos! I prefer the Mediterranean menu options and it will have more non-seafood choices compared to Narcoossee's. I also think the service is better at Citricos. The olive bread is great and seasonal menu items keep it fresh! If you have a window seat you will have a view of the GF grounds which is beautiful.

Narcoossee's is on the water, but depending on the table/seat the view can be so-so.

If you wanted Narcoossee's because of the possibility to see HEA, you can always dine at Citricos prior and head out to the GF boat dock or Gasparilla Patio and watch the fireworks after your meal.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2019 at 1:31 PM
  8. jerseygal

jerseygal DIS Veteran

Havent been to Narcoosees past two years, but we have been there about four times and each time the meal was great! Loved it!:thumbsup2

9. goodeats

goodeats DIS Veteran

I have never been to Citricos, but we had an outstanding experience at Narcoossee's in August. The service was so professional and caring and everything we ordered was great. The interior of the restaurant was a little dated, but the view more than makes up for it. The crustless almond cheesecake was just as good as I thought it would be. We loved everything about the experience except the bill!

I would look at the menus and see, which appeals to you more.

10. mommyrosa2

mommyrosa2 The best thing about Memories is making them

Another vote for Narcoossees. Food has always been great and we love the atmosphere and view!

11. KenHutch

KenHutch DIS Veteran

Of the 2 we prefer Narcoossee's. I love the food and like being by the water and girls love being there when the water parade comes by.

12. lilpiglet97

lilpiglet97 Earning My Ears

Narcoosee's definitely. DD and I ate there last month and got to watch HEA during dinner, they even piped in the music. The filet was delicious as was the lobster tail, I had the surf and turf DD had the filet. Atmosphere and food were both phenomenal and will be going back in June with both DH and DD.

13. TreAntDeu

TreAntDeu Earning My Ears

Narcoosee's is a bit better in every catagory in my opinion. The steak is great.