NAACP Statement

If you are “ very afraid “ ….don’t go to Florida. I think it is very safe for anyone, but if that is what you really feel, go elsewhere. I would be very afraid to ride a subway in NYC. I would be very afraid to visit Chicago or any large city with high crime…so I don’t. I think you are just as safe in Florida than any of those places no matter what color you are. It was a political statement against DeSantis and meant to add unfounded fear…imo. Many people of color or lgbtq on this board have been going to WDW without issue and are just now fearful? 🤷‍♀️

Does sarcasm not work….?? I think you should re-read my posts,

About not being able to teach minors about sex?
Kids under 18 SHOULD be taught about sex. It's statistically proven that kids who don't receive sex education have higher rates of teen pregnancies and sexually transmitted diseases. Girls can go through puberty as young as elementary school.

It's also been shown that to best protect themselves from abuse, young kids (even toddlers) also need to learn proper names of their body parts and the concept of consent.

Is that honestly all that your media is reporting? So sad. So much more is being reported in the international press. I suppose that what we are witnessing is a perfect example of censorship, which is such a danger to democracy.
Well, we live here and I think we have a better understanding than what you think you know about our country. Maybe stop thinking about us all the time.

Maybe stop thinking about us all the time.
When countries are members of NATO and mutually rely on member nations for strategic defence, it would be careless of voters in democratic societies not to consider the politics, human rights records, legislation etc., of other member nations, don’t you think? Or perhaps you believe that all countries should be stand alone and totally insular?
And surely when you travel overseas, whether on business or as a tourist, you consider the political stage, safety etc., of the country you wish to visit? For example, off the top of my head, I know that I would not travel to North Korea, Russia or Turkish occupied Northern Cyprus. Sadly, Florida is also on my ‘not at the moment’ list.

When countries are members of NATO and mutually rely on member nations for strategic defence, it would be careless of voters in democratic societies not to consider the politics, human rights records, legislation etc., of other member nations, don’t you think? Or perhaps you believe that all countries should be stand alone and totally insular?
And surely when you travel overseas, whether on business or as a tourist, you consider the political stage, safety etc., of the country you wish to visit? For example, off the top of my head, I know that I would not travel to North Korea, Russia or Turkish occupied Northern Cyprus. Sadly, Florida is also on my ‘not at the moment’ list.

Florida’s Governor telling teachers not to tell kindergartners about sex is just like Russia and North Korea. Quite a stretch there. Hope you didn’t pull a muscle.

I find it "interesting" that this thread has not been locked for its overt political content, when other threads are immediately locked if a more "conservative" view is expressed. Puzzling 😯

I find it "interesting" that this thread has not been locked for its overt political content, when other threads are immediately locked if a more "conservative" view is expressed. Puzzling 😯

:rolleyes2:rolleyes2:rolleyes2

definitely a trend here, locked threads in general. the problem is the show has gone heavily into the political stuff. that's fine but don't be upset when we're here discussing it afterward.

definitely a trend here, locked threads in general. the problem is the show has gone heavily into the political stuff. that's fine but don't be upset when we're here discussing it afterward.
If they are going to bring up political stuff on the show each week now, they should bring back the politics discussion forum they had on the boards years and years ago. They took it away as Pete didn't want politics on a Disney related board, which I totally understand, but they now seem to have reversed their thinking on that. The show has gone off the deep end with it and frankly, they will be losing me as a listener if it doesn't tone down a bit. (Been listening weekly since 2007).

If they are going to bring up political stuff on the show each week now, they should bring back the politics discussion forum they had on the boards years and years ago. They took it away as Pete didn't want politics on a Disney related board, which I totally understand, but they now seem to have reversed their thinking on that. The show has gone off the deep end with it and frankly, they will be losing me as a listener if it doesn't tone down a bit. (Been listening weekly since 2007).
Can’t agree more

If you are “ very afraid “ ….don’t go to Florida. I think it is very safe for anyone, but if that is what you really feel, go elsewhere. I would be very afraid to ride a subway in NYC. I would be very afraid to visit Chicago or any large city with high crime…so I don’t. I think you are just as safe in Florida than any of those places no matter what color you are. It was a political statement against DeSantis and meant to add unfounded fear…imo. Many people of color or lgbtq on this board have been going to WDW without issue and are just now fearful? 🤷‍♀️
Chicago is a very large city. The majority of the crime is concentrated in certain neighborhoods, but outside of Chicagoland it just gets reported as "Chicago." There are plenty of places you can be in Chicago and be safe (not absolutely safe, because yes crime can happen anywhere, but that also applies to any city/town/etc. There is no such thing as absolute safety).

Also, saying many POC or LQBTQIA+ go to Disney World without issue is very different than being in Florida, especially certain parts of Florida. They call it the Disney Bubble for a reason . . .

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter